steviec27
    steviec27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15113

Bet Settlement Question

Hey,

Quick question to anyone who will answer.

If a bet is accepted at odds surely it must be paid out at those odds.
    Basically on Will Hill yesterday the market for the Santos game went crazy and after opening the game at 1.5 and scoring the opening goal they went to 1.17 but then shot to 1.61
    Obviously seeing the error i put a few decent bets on the 1.61 odds which were accepted.
    Anyways they won and one bet got paid out at 1.61 and one at 1.17

I speak to chat operator

Kathryn: Hi, you're speaking to Kathryn. How may I help you?
    Steven Charlton: Hi
    Steven Charlton: I have had a bet settled incorrectly
    Kathryn: Hi Steven.
    Kathryn: Let me check your bet for you.
    Kathryn: May I have the bet reference, please?
    Steven Charlton: O/2034017/0000509/F
    Kathryn: Thank you.
    Kathryn: Please give me 3 to 4 minutes to check your bet for you.
    Steven Charlton: Ok thank you
    Kathryn: You're welcome.
    Kathryn: Thanks for waiting. I have checked your bet and have seen that it was correctly settled. Your bet was settled with 1/6 odds instead of 8/13. There was a palpable error happened on the Match Betting Live market.
    Steven Charlton: But since I placed the bet at those odds and it is displayed at those odds on my statement does it not have to pay out at those odds?
    Steven Charlton: Error or not
    Steven Charlton: I placed two bets exactly the on that arket at 8/13 odds at the same time and ithe other was settled on those odds
    Steven Charlton: If the bet is accepted at those odds surely it pays out at those odds
    Communication with Kathryn has been lost. Please wait while attempts are made to restore the connection.

She conveniently left the conversation.

Does anyone know where I stand lol
    Thanks

MartR
    MartR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 973

Kathryn where are you?

pouroupoupou
    pouroupoupou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

No book pays incorrect odds.In fact many of them would close your account for trying to cheat on them.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by pouroupoupou View Post
    No book pays incorrect odds.In fact many of them would close your account for trying to cheat on them.
    Exactly, there's no way you're getting away with an error unless they forget about it.

beeps220
    beeps220's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Usually when you read the teams and conditions at your book there is something about "obvious error" in a line. The fact you got paid out at different odds is better than the bet voided all together.

harry
    harry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Let it go, they will limit your account to £1 bets if your not careful. Their way of telling you to get bent!

William Hill always make errors as well, they couldn't just let it go, they'd lose a fortune

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh yeah Ive had this with WillHill as well! Let it ride. Nasty customer support though.