THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC on ABC 3: Ortega vs. Rodriguez (July 16, 2022)

ABC 3:00 pm ET
    Brian Ortega vs. Yair Rodriguez
    Amanda Lemos vs. Michelle Waterson
    Li Jingliang vs. Muslim Salikhov
    Matt Schnell vs. Su Mudaerji
    Shane Burgos vs. Charles Jourdain
    Lauren Murphy vs. Miesha Tate

ESPN 12:00 pm ET
    Dalcha Lungiambula vs. Puna Soriano
    Jack Shore vs. Ricky Simon
    Bill Algeo vs. Herbert Burns
    Dustin Jacoby vs. Da-un Jung
    Dwight Grant vs. Dustin Stoltzfus
    Jessica Penne vs. Emily Ducote

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Prelim write ups - MMAMANIA

205 lbs.: Dustin Jacoby vs. Da Un Jung

The victory for Dustin Jacoby (17-5-1) on Contender Series brought him back to the Octagon, where he’s gone 5-0-1 in his second tenure. He last saw action in March 2022, fighting through injury to claim a unanimous decision over Michal Oleksiejczuk.
    “The Hanyak” is the shorter man by one inch and gives up 1.5 inches of reach.
    Da Un Jung (15-2-1) looked every bit as destructive as advertised in his stoppage victories over Khadis Ibragimov and Mike Rodriguez, though he was fortunate to walk away with a split draw against Sam Alvey. “Sseda” hasn’t needed that sort of luck since, dominating Contender Series graduates William Knight and Kennedy Nzechukwu in successive efforts.
    The Nzechukwu win was his eleventh by knockout and thirteenth stoppage overall.
    Outside of his raw power, there’s not a lot going Jung’s way here: he’s flat-footed enough to make Jacoby’s low kicks a lethal weapon and he doesn’t always do a great job of protecting his face. That power isn’t enough to bridge the gap, either, as Jacoby has withstood dozens of blows from heavy hitters like Ion Cutelaba and John Allan.
    Jung does have some wrestling in his back pocket, which he used to great effect against Knight, but Jacoby has proven exceedingly difficult to hold down of late. With all the tools to recreate Sam Alvey’s successes and a better overall striking game behind it, expect Jacoby to steadily break down Jung’s legs before polishing his flagging foe off late.
    Prediction: Jacoby via third round technical knockout
    Related
    Up Next! Ortega Vs. Rodriguez On ABC!

185 lbs.: Dwight Grant vs. Dustin Stoltzfus

Dwight Grant (11-5) bounced back from a shock UFC debut loss to Zak Ottow with a bonus-winning one-punch knockout of Carlo Pedersoli, then narrowly edged out Alan Jouban to bump his UFC record over .500. “The Body Snatcher” went on to lose three of his next four, bookended by knockout losses to Daniel Rodriguez and Sergey Khandozhko.
    This will be his first Middleweight bout in more than one decade.
    An injury stoppage of Joseph Pyfer extended Dustin Stoltzfus’ (13-4) win streak to five and earned him a spot in the Octagon. He’s still looking for his first victory there, having dropped three straight to Kyle Daukaus, Rodolfo Vieira and Gerald Meerschaert.
    He’s scored five submissions as a professional.
    Moving up to 185 pounds won’t fix what ails Grant. His disinclination or inability to tighten up his boxing will forever hold him back, and fighting bigger men makes it even less likely that his power can bail him out. The fact that he’s given up at least one takedown to six of his last seven foes also bodes ill for his ability to keep it standing.
    Limited though Stoltzfus may be, the offensive wrestling he showed against Meerschaert offers a convenient means to shut down Grant’s haymakers and grind out a decision. Unless Stoltzfus gets lazy with his kicks and eats one of Grant’s admittedly effective counters, Stoltzfus cruises to victory from the top in a dull affair.
    Prediction: Stoltzfus via unanimous decision
    Related
    UFC Long Island Poster Drops For ‘Ortega vs Rodriguez’

115 lbs.: Jessica Penne vs. Emily Ducote

Nearly four years to the day after losing a bogus decision to Danielle Taylor, Jessica Penne (14-5) returned to UFC to upset Lupita Godinez by decision. Four months later, she one-upped herself by tapping Karolina Kowalkiewicz with a bonus-winning first-round armbar.
    That submission was her ninth in more than 15 years as a professional.
    Emily Ducote’s (11-6) first shot at Invicta gold saw her struggle with the wrestling of Kanako Murata en route to a split decision loss. She was quite a bit more successful her next time out, destroying Danielle Taylor for the vacant title and stopping Alesha Zappitella in her first defense.
    She steps in for Brianna Fortino on less than two months’ notice.
    Don’t be fooled by Ducote’s record. That’s because she’s 5-1 in her last six bouts, five of them inside the distance. She’s among the best counter-punchers in the division and a solid grappler to boot. I fully expect a lengthy Octagon stint from “Gordinha.”
    As for this match up, it boils down to whether Penne can consistently tie up without getting tattooed by Ducote’s straight right. Both women thrive in close-quarters engagements, and whoever can dictate where the fight takes place will win it. I’m leaning toward Ducote, though, who ostensibly has a larger edge on the feet than Penne does in the grappling.
    Prediction: Ducote via unanimous decision

135 lbs.: Ricky Simon vs. Jack Shore

A three-fight win streak, which included victories over division standouts Merab Dvalishvili and Montel Jackson, had Ricky Simon (19-3) on the brink of contention before he suffered consecutive losses to Urijah Faber and Rob Font. He’s since clawed his way back by winning four straight, the most recent of which saw him knockout Raphael Assuncao in Dec. 2021.
    He gives up two inches of height and reach to “Tank.”
    Jack Shore (16-0) entered the Octagon as the Cage Warriors Bantamweight champion, and his current 5-0 UFC run proved it wasn’t a case of a big fish in a small pond. His biggest win to date came in March 2022, when he out-dueled Timur Valiev to claim an entertaining decision victory.
    He has submitted eight professional foes and knocked out another six.
    This is eerily reminiscent of Shore’s match up with Valiev, which isn’t a great sign for Simon. Like “Lucky,” Simon has the speed and footwork advantage, plus a strong wrestling game that can give even the rock-solid “Tank” issues. Also like “Lucky,” Simon is cursed with a shaky chin that doomed him against Faber and kept him from building any momentum against Font. While Shore isn’t a one-punch knockout artist, he’s skilled enough and packs enough thump to short-circuit Simon.
    All signs point to a super-competitive, back-and-forth battle on both the feet and mat, with Shore’s more telling power shots making the difference. In the end, enjoy another classic from this insanely stacked division.
    Prediction: Shore via unanimous decision
    Related
    UFC 276 ‘Prelims’ Headed To ABC

185 lbs.: Punahele Soriano vs. Dalcha Lungiambula

After taking his first trip to the judges on Contender Series, Punahele Soriano (8-2) returned to his finishing ways with first round knockouts of Oskar Piechota and Dusko Todorovic. He’s since struggled to reclaim that momentum, dropping consecutive decisions to fellow Contender Series alums Brendan Allen and Nick Maximov.
    His seven professional stoppage wins include five via (technical) knockout.
    Dalcha Lungiambula started his UFC career 2-1 after a double-champ run in the venerable EFC promotion, the one loss coming to Magomed Ankalaev. Despite the early success, he enters the cage this Saturday in the midst of a two-fight skid.
    “Champion” stands three inches shorter than Soriano, but will enjoy a 3.5-inch reach advantage.
    Lungiambula just can’t seem to combine his immense athleticism, judo background and punching power into a cohesive whole. His boxing hasn’t developed properly and he’s yet to find a pace he can sustain while still being effective. Soriano also may be less than the sum of his parts, but his durability, stout wrestling, and concussive left hand are a formula for success in this match up.
    There just isn’t a clear path to victory for Lungiambula. Indeed, he can’t outbox Soriano, can’t crack that concrete dome, and can’t consistently take him down. In short, Soriano finds the mark with something nasty as soon as Lungiambula’s gas tank runs out.
    Prediction: Soriano via second round technical knockout
    Related
    Rodriguez Title Shot?! ‘That Has Been Said To Me’

145 lbs.: Bill Algeo vs. Herbert Burns

Though he came up short against Brendan Loughnane on Contender Series, Bill Algeo (15-6) got his UFC opportunity by stepping up on short notice to battle Ricardo Lamas to a “Fight of the Night” decision loss. “Senor Perfecto” is now evened up his UFC record at 2-2, a loss to Ricardo Lamas sandwiched between wins over Spike Carlyle and Joanderson Brito.
    He was originally slated to meet Billy Quarantillo, while Burns had a date with Khusein Askhabov.
    “The Heat” followed his submission win on Contender Series with consecutive first round finishes over Nate Landwehr and Even Dunham. Then came a disastrous run-in with Daniel Pineda that saw Burns miss weight before getting ground-and-pounded into oblivion.
    This marks his first appearance in nearly two years.
    As disappointed as I am that we won’t get to see Algeo and Quarantillo bounce a dozen punches off of each other’s heads every minute, I do love the matchmaking here. Algeo’s height, movement and volume could be a nightmare for Burns, especially after a huge layoff. If “Senor Perfecto” can drag Burns into the second round, he’s got the tools to snowball the way Pineda did.
    That’s a hell of an “if,” though.
    That’s because everyone who’s tried to take down Algeo in the Octagon has succeeded, and while Algeo was never in danger on the ground against a decorated black belt in Ricardo Ramos, Burns is on another level. So long as he’s got the weight cut figured out, Burns drags Algeo to the mat early and finds his neck soon after.
    Prediction: Burns via first round submission

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Remember the early start time! GL all!

WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo
    WireWire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32027

T minus 8 hours

Brandt Moat
    Brandt Moat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2878

The odds moved on the Jacoby fight. I liked Jacoby earlier in week. He was sitn at -125. By the time I drove to PA line it dropped to even money. I got him for 2 units and a 2 leg w\Stoltzfus(+120) & Jourdain(+145) for 1\4 unit. Jung takes shots. Jacoby has heavy hands. Look for a "ONE Hitter Quitter" ! GL Enjoy the early fights.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

I got my weed ready.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt Moat View Post
    The odds moved on the Jacoby fight. I liked Jacoby earlier in week. He was sitn at -125. By the time I drove to PA line it dropped to even money. I got him for 2 units and a 2 leg w\Stoltzfus(+120) & Jourdain(+145) for 1\4 unit. Jung takes shots. Jacoby has heavy hands. Look for a "ONE Hitter Quitter" ! GL Enjoy the early fights.
    Didn't Jacoby have a leg injury his last fight? I seem to recall him not throwing leg kicks at all. Perhaps he's still having issues with it? It would make sense if the kickboxer can't kick. Not sure how he'll fight going backwards, either. I could see Jung getting a couple takedowns and stealing a necessary round. Who knows. Good luck!
    Last edited by JC2008; 07-16-22 at 08:39 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Very early start time. Errrr!

WireWire
    bRoKe DiK pRo
    WireWire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32027

Quote Originally Posted by Brandt Moat View Post
    Gl to you as well.....I bet Jung I think he has heavier hands, I can see him stopping Jacoby, but obv if Jacoby lands flush he can put Jung out i just think Jung striking and power and size will just be too much for Jacoby, with you on Stoltzfus he has the size on Grant also this is Grants first time fighting at this weigh class in 2011 i think that's a bad sign especially when you're on a losing streak, in weigh ins Stoltzfus looks much bigger, I see Stoltzfus controlling him in the ground and wins a decision. Grant is going to have to catch him within the first 30-45 seconds of the start of these rounds to win imo,

I also like Ricky Simon at (+140)

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm kinda liking Murphy against Cupcake at those +170 odds. Murphy is tough as hell if she can keep the fight standing..

Miesha Tate

Record: 19-8
    Key Wins: Holly Holm (UFC 196), Marion Reneau (UFC Vegas 31), Jessica Eye (UFC on FOX 16), Sara McMann (UFC 183), Liz Carmouche (UFC on FOX 11)
    Key Losses: Ronda Rousey (UFC 168, Strikeforce: “Tate vs. Rousey”), Amanda Nunes (UFC 200), Ketlen Vieira (UFC Vegas 43), Cat Zingano (The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale), Raquel Pennington (UFC 205)
    Keys to Victory: No one has even knocked Tate for toughness or heart. The wrestler doesn’t have the cleanest technique in any one area, but her combination of takedowns, back takes, and sheer guts did make “Cupcake” a two-time world champion.
    Again, this feels like a very reasonable match up for Tate’s introduction to the Flyweight division. If she’s able to make the weight in healthy fashion and perform well, it’s a very winnable fight. Neither woman strikes quite like Israel Adesanya, but between the two, Tate’s right hand is far and away the best weapon.
    Like all “Takedown” fights, however, getting on top is the end goal. Fortunately, Murphy is a very willing scrapper, much like Tate herself. Therefore, the goal should be to throw down a bit and convince Murphy that this is a striking match. As soon as Murphy is really setting her feet and trading, Tate’s classic level change with a trip should work well.
    Once in top position, Tate is in her wheelhouse.

Lauren Murphy

Record: 15-5
    Key Wins: Joanne Calderwood (UFC 263), Roxanne Modafferi (UFC on ESPN 11), Andrea Lee (UFC 247), Mara Romero Borella (UFC on ESPN 5)
    Key Losses: Valentina Shevchenko (UFC 266), Sijara Eubanks (UFC Fight Night 131), Katlyn Chookagian (UFC Fight Night 91)
    Keys to Victory: Murphy is a scrapper. She can wrestle well enough, too, but often, it seems Murphy is unable to fully contain her opponent on the canvas. When that happens, she’s down to brawl.
    Volume is likely the key here for Murphy. Unlike Tate, she’s accustomed to the 125-pound cut, and she’s proven that she can maintain a high pace for 15 full minutes. Conversely, Tate has never been the most high-volume fighter — she tries to circle around and pick her shots more.
    Murphy will find more success in longer exchanges. Touching the body a bit would also be a wise choice to test that gas tank. It is vital, however, that while pushing the pace, Murphy remains within her stance and avoids over-extending, lest she give up easy takedowns. Since Tate tends to shoot her best takedowns in the open, punching into the clinch and attacking with knees and elbows also might be a viable path to victory for Murphy.
    Related
    Up Next! Ortega Vs. Rodriguez On ABC!

Bottom Line

This is the last chance for a final Miesha Tate title run.
    Do I like Tate’s odds against Shevchenko? No, not at all. Still, Taila Santos had a decent bit of success backpacking the Flyweight queen, so at least there’s a theoretical path to victory for “Cupcake.” If she’s victorious in this bout, a title shot might actually be next for Tate. That’s the value of being an established ex-champ! If she comes up short, however, we can effectively write off Tate from the 125-pound title mix.
    Murphy was pretty soundly dominated by Shevchenko last time out. So, long as “Bullet” holds the belt, a title shot is rather unlikely. At the same time, taking out Tate would be the best win of her career. Until Shevchenko falls or moves to Bantamweight, Murphy can only seek to keep herself in the mix.
    At UFC Long Island, Miesha Tate and Lauren Murphy will battle. Which woman will earn the victory?
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-16-22 at 10:00 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Couple more write ups for the main event -

145 lbs.: Brian Ortega vs. Yair Rodriguez

Brian “T-City” Ortega
    Record: 15-2, 1 NC | Age: 31 | Betting line: -165
    Wins: 3 KO/TKO, 7 SUB, 5 DEC | Losses: 1 KO/TKO, 0 SUB, 1 DEC
    Height: 5’8“ | Reach: 69” | Stance: Switch
    Significant Strikes Landed Per Minute: 4.15 | Striking accuracy: 38%
    Strikes Absorbed Per Minute: 6.69 | Striking Defense: 49%
    Takedown Average: 0.87 (24% accuracy) | Takedown Defense: 56%
    Current Ranking: No. 2 | Last fight: Unanimous decision loss to Alex Volkanovski
    Yair “El Pantera” Rodriguez
    Record: 13-3, 1 NC | Age: 29 | Betting line: +140
    Wins: 4 KO/TKO, 3 SUB, 6 DEC | Losses: 2 KO/TKO, 0 SUB, 1 DEC
    Height: 5’11“ | Reach: 71” | Stance: Orthodox
    Significant Strikes Landed Per Minute: 4.65 | Striking accuracy: 45%
    Strikes Absorbed Per Minute: 4.09 | Striking Defense: 53%
    Takedown Average: 0.86 (28% accuracy) | Takedown Defense: 60%
    Current Ranking: No. 3 | Last fight: Unanimous decision loss to Max Holloway
    Brian Ortega is the second best featherweight in the world behind Max Holloway, according to the official UFC rankings, which is an interesting statistic when you consider that Ortega has just one victory over an opponent currently ranked in the Top 15. That was his UFC Fight Island 6 win over the No. 7-ranked Chan Sung Jung, a bewildering five-round affair that saw a disengaged “Korean Zombie” attempt zero takedowns while walking forward and blocking punches with his face. That victory was sandwiched between two lopsided losses to Max Holloway and Alexander Volkanovski, leaving “T-City” 0-2 in division title fights and raising more than a few questions about his place among the featherweight elite. The flip side to that argument is that Holloway and Volkanovski fly miles above the rest of the competition and making top contenders look like snot-nosed amateurs is kinda their thing. Maybe ... but it would have been nice to see how Ortega fared against some of the other big names at or around the Top 5, like Josh Emmett (No. 3) and Calvin Kattar (No. 5).
    You can make a similar case against Rodriguez, who sits one spot below Ortega at No. 3. Like “T-City,” the flashy “El Pantera” is only here because of his victory over “The Korean Zombie” and outside of that highlight-reel finish, does not hold a win over anyone currently ranked in the Top 15. In addition, Rodriguez did not fight at all in 2020 and registered just one appearance in 2021, a five-round decision loss to Holloway as part of the UFC Vegas 42 card last November. Injuries torpedoed his Zabit Magomedsharipov showdown (twice) which I think would have told us a lot about where the Mexican striker belongs in the 145-pound rankings. Similar to my gripe in the paragraph above, Rodriguez was able to outrank the likes of Emmett and Kattar without ever facing them. Personally, I was hoping for a “striker vs. striker” battle opposite No. 8-ranked Giga Chikadze but that never came to pass, despite a decent amount of back-and-forth trash talk.
    Ortega’s striking gets overrated by the starstruck media based on the Frankie Edgar knockout and the “Korean Zombie” drubbing, two performances that have not aged well after watching the 40 year-old “Answer” self destruct in subsequent fights (and Jung flirt with retirement). To be fair, Rodriguez has a tendency to be more style than substance when it comes to fighting on the feet and the key factor for me, at least in terms of trying to predict how this 25-minute affair will play out, is the takedown defense of Rodriguez. “El Pantera” was taken down three out of five times against Holloway and three out of four times against Jeremy Stephens, and it’s not unreasonable to think the Ortega gameplan will follow suit. I believe Rodriguez wins this fight on the feet, the question is how long “T-City” will allow him to stay there.
    Prediction: Ortega def. Rodriguez by decision
    Related
    Yair Rodriguez Title Shot?! ‘That Has Been Said To Me’

115 lbs.: Michelle Waterson vs. Amanda Lemos

Michelle “The Karate Hottie” Waterson
    Record: 18-9 | Age: 36 | Betting line: +275
    Wins: 3 KO/TKO, 9 SUB, 6 DEC | Losses: 1 KO/TKO, 3 SUB, 5 DEC
    Height: 5’3“ | Reach: 62” | Stance: Orthodox
    Significant Strikes Landed Per Minute: 3.57 | Striking accuracy: 48%
    Strikes Absorbed Per Minute: 4.13 | Striking Defense: 50%
    Takedown Average: 1.40 (32% accuracy) | Takedown Defense: 67%
    Current Ranking: No. 10 | Last fight: Unanimous decision loss to Marina Rodriguez
    Amanda “Amandinha” Lemos
    Record: 11-2-1 | Age: 35 | Betting line: -330
    Wins: 7 KO/TKO, 2 SUB, 2 DEC | Losses: 1 KO/TKO, 1 SUB, 0 DEC
    Height: 5’4“ | Reach: 64” | Stance: Southpaw
    Significant Strikes Landed Per Minute: 5.14 | Striking accuracy: 57%
    Strikes Absorbed Per Minute: 4.42 | Striking Defense: 48%
    Takedown Average: 1.22 (57% accuracy) | Takedown Defense: 88%
    Current Ranking: No. 11 | Last fight: Submission loss to Jessica Andrade
    The UFC Long Island co-main event features a pair of veteran strawweights who are a couple of years past their respective primes. That said, Michelle Waterson is a fan favorite and always comes to fight, so the promotion will continue to offer prominent roles in the twilight of her combat sports career. “The Karate Hottie” holds a black belt in American Freestyle Karate and when afforded the space, can prove to be a formidable foe on the feet. She’s also got a durable chin, which is one of many reasons why the former Invicta champ has gone to the judges’ scorecards in her last eight fights. Waterson sports a 6-5 record inside the Octagon but it’s important to note that three of those victories have come over opponents who are no longer fighting under the UFC banner. Two of the other three are unranked at 115 pounds, leaving her most impressive win to date coming against the No. 13-ranked Angela Hill, who’s dropped three straight and five of her last six. When you take away her popularity it’s hard to make a case for Waterson as an effective strawweight, which may not come as a surprise for a former atomweight who comfortably tipped the scale at 104.7 pounds for her Jessica Penne title fight back in 2013.
    Amanda Lemos is one year younger than Waterson at 35 and like “The Karate Hottie,” has failed to make a statement in the crowded strawweight division. After stumbling in her Octagon debut, a technical knockout loss to the rough-and-tumble Leslie Smith, “Amandinha” rattled off five straight wins. Unfortunately, four of those opponents have since been cut from UFC and the fifth came by split decision over the 37 year-old Angela Hill, who is 12-12 for the promotion and as we mentioned earlier, stuck in a downward spiral. Lemos had a chance to separate herself from the rest of the 115-pound pack at UFC Columbus back in March, but got choked into the loss column by hot-and-cold Brazilian bruiser Jessica Andrade. It’s worth mentioning that Lemos is a former bantamweight who was suspended for two years after testing positive for stanozolol in late 2017. She also enjoys one-inch advantages in both height and reach but to be honest — and I say this with all due respect — I’m not sure she has the striking skills to use them. Lemos is more force than finesse and her bull-in-a-china-shop offense could shut down Waterson’s best weapons. I don’t know if that warrants a bloated -330 betting line, particularly in light of the facts above.
    I would be more confident in picking Waterson in a five-round fight because she’s got both the cardio and the grit to keep up a high volume in the final two frames. But with only 15 minutes to work, there’s a much better argument that Lemos bullies her way into the favor of the judges, simply because they’re marks for aggressive movement. With that in mind, don’t be surprised to see Waterson — who sports 15 takedowns in her UFC career — flip the script and steal the last two rounds with her backdoor wrestling.
    Prediction: Waterson def. Lemos by decision

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Locksmith?

WRMusic
    WRMusic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1289

Wow! Jacoby’s power is FOR REAL!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Kid brother Burns is a bum and a quitter.. No business being in MMA let alone the UFC. Weak minded.

Time to get a day time job for that dude.

Demonata

I'm soooo highhhhhhhh
    Points Awarded:

WireWire gave Demonata 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Yair is the call in the main.. Loading up..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I'm soooo highhhhhhhh
    I'm drinking way to early for this shitt now! I should have smoked some weed instead.. I gave that up though years ago ..

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm drinking way to early for this shitt now! I should have smoked some weed instead.. I gave that up though years ago ..
    I feel ya jibby. A friend with weed is a friend indeed.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Guys what's the reason for the event to be so early? Is Long Island NY on the other side of the world? wtf

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Guys what's the reason for the event to be so early? Is Long Island NY on the other side of the world? wtf
    No idea? Crazy for a USA event even on the East Coast.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm kinda liking Murphy against Cupcake at those +170 odds. Murphy is tough as hell if she can keep the fight standing..
    Nice dog hit there. Cash it!

Cupcake Tate really needs to hang them up now. Her time has passed. She's still hot though even though her face is jacked after this fight. I still wood!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

That was a bad ass fight. Charles has heart. Not sure he's gonna get this decision though? He should probably go into boxing with those fast hands.

Merlin21
    Merlin21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3407

I had money on Burgos but no way did he win that.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin21 View Post
    I had money on Burgos but no way did he win that.
    I had money on Charles. ..

Round 1 was up for debate? Burgos clearly won round 2. Round 3 Charles in a clinic.

I don't call that robbery but it could have gone either way. Round 3 Charles peppered Burgos up big time though...
    Points Awarded:

Merlin21 gave JIBBBY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2158

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Red Sox v. Yankees in the Bronx @ 7:15pm ... no one is showing up in Long Island for that card.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

That was awesome! Good fights so far on this card!

Asian fade came thru barely on that one.. Whew!!

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Matt Schnell lol, the new Korean Zombie

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Matt got rocked like 10 times and came back in that final round. I'm almost thinking he was faking those wobbly legs. Maybe he was never that rocked and playing possum.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Red Sox v. Yankees in the Bronx @ 7:15pm ... no one is showing up in Long Island for that card.

lol fukking game 2 of a regular season series. Like UFC is in NY every week yeah ok

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

What a tough break for Ortega. Feel bad for him and we got robbed of a great fight there.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

anti climatic

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Yair is the call in the main.. Loading up..
    Cheap win but I'll take it!!

Loaded up on that one and it paid off! A successful money making event, next.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    What a tough break for Ortega. Feel bad for him and we got robbed of a great fight there.
    Yeah that was definitely going to be a banger for sure. Naturally I have a bet on Ortega when he dislocates his shoulder. I can't say for certain but I think he would have won that fight if he didn't get hurt. Oh well there is always the next card which is the great thing about UFC it is mostly every week.

Brandt Moat

Just got home. Seemed to be ok. Cracked him a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by JC2008 View Post
    Didn't Jacoby have a leg injury his last fight? I seem to recall him not throwing leg kicks at all. Perhaps he's still having issues with it? It would make sense if the kickboxer can't kick. Not sure how he'll fight going backwards, either. I could see Jung getting a couple takedowns and stealing a necessary round. Who knows. Good luck!

Brandt Moat

Looks like ya should have had a great day! Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by WireWire View Post
    Gl to you as well.....I bet Jung I think he has heavier hands, I can see him stopping Jacoby, but obv if Jacoby lands flush he can put Jung out i just think Jung striking and power and size will just be too much for Jacoby, with you on Stoltzfus he has the size on Grant also this is Grants first time fighting at this weigh class in 2011 i think that's a bad sign especially when you're on a losing streak, in weigh ins Stoltzfus looks much bigger, I see Stoltzfus controlling him in the ground and wins a decision. Grant is going to have to catch him within the first 30-45 seconds of the start of these rounds to win imo,

I also like Ricky Simon at (+140)
    Points Awarded:

WireWire gave Brandt Moat 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

12 Last