TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Okay I understand the league has protocols for how they want to deal with Covid. I'm not suggesting people just be flippant about it but if you're wearing a mask like a neck diaper the entire game then that is absurd. It's signaling at that point and that takes away from our love of the NBA. Was anyone alive in the 80's-90's? No one gave a hoot what political party you belonged too, once the game was on wether it was Barkley, Jordan, Bird whoever it was on. I can't believe that crap infiltrated the NBA.
    I agree with you. NBA is a weird organization... and unfortunately... they must lean minority. Coaches kiss the leagues ass... that's why they wear the mask. lol Well Kerr wears the mask in his sleep too... lol oddly he still caught Covid a few weeks ago. lol

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I understand that the league has to do certain things to take care of its people. We are playing basketball though, even the NBA's base or whatever understands that when its the NBA finals, it's supposed to be on like donkey kong. M'Fin bring down the rafters if they have to. It isn't a personal attack on Udoka either, Kerr same thing. Udoka/Kerr needs to be able to holler at his boys, the refs, and anyone else to help his team win. Wearing that stupid mask is ridiculous. After the game is over for interviews and what have you, then sure strap up if need be. I do find it interesting that it has become such a part of day to day life that even Hooper has just accepted it. We shouldn't let tragedies define us (just my humble opinion).

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I understand that the league has to do certain things to take care of its people. We are playing basketball though, even the NBA's base or whatever understands that when its the NBA finals, it's supposed to be on like donkey kong. M'Fin bring down the rafters if they have to. It isn't a personal attack on Udoka either, Kerr same thing. Udoka/Kerr needs to be able to holler at his boys, the refs, and anyone else to help his team win. Wearing that stupid mask is ridiculous. After the game is over for interviews and what have you, then sure strap up if need be. I do find it interesting that it has become such a part of day to day life that even Hooper has just accepted it. We shouldn't let tragedies define us (just my humble opinion).
    People accept it because there’s more important things to worry about. people who get mad about mask no mask should focus that passion into something that could actually make a difference to society

Ra77er

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    People accept it because there’s more important things to worry about. people who get mad about mask no mask should focus that passion into something that could actually make a difference to society
    That sounds like a line from a miss universe contestant.

goduke

That sounds like a line from a miss universe contestant.
    Or the truth. Theres no benefit to your anger or annoyance to masks. It doesnt help anyone whether someone else wears them or not. It doesnt help the economy, it doesnt help that person put food on the table, it doesnt help their retirement fund go up, it doesnt help with the political divide we have, it doesnt help with the nation divide we have, it literally does nothing. You are trying to voice your annoyance for literally something that doesnt matter. So I ask again, pick something that will have an impact in a real way and reach out to people about that. At least thats purposeful.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Or the truth. Theres no benefit to your anger or annoyance to masks. It doesnt help anyone whether someone else wears them or not. It doesnt help the economy, it doesnt help that person put food on the table, it doesnt help their retirement fund go up, it doesnt help with the political divide we have, it doesnt help with the nation divide we have, it literally does nothing. You are trying to voice your annoyance for literally something that doesnt matter. So I ask again, pick something that will have an impact in a real way and reach out to people about that. At least thats purposeful.
    Could you imagine these tough fukers in Ukraine fighting for their lives and we got pussy”s over here fighting about wearing a mask lol.

TheMoneyShot

I totally agree with you. I think a lot of people do it because they don't want to lose a position of status. A high paying job if you will?

It's a weird world we live in. Who's fake? Who's real? Udoka reminds me of a guy that just wears it to be professional... doesn't want to rock the boat. Kerr wears it because he's full blown liberal. lol
    Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave TheMoneyShot 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ra77er

The fact that you can sense my passion about it which was unintended, actually proves my point for my love of the game. If I didn't care I wouldn't comment. I think it is important to stand up for what you are passionate about. Hooper believes it is a non issue along with goduke. That is fine and I can respect that. Trying to take a moral high ground about it to shrug off my comments is ridiculous though and shows that you don't have a rationed out response to my point. Explain why the coach wearing a mask on his chin is good for basketball?

Thor this was the worst comment I've seen from you since I've been back. You shouldn't make assumptions about posters. I tend to believe that you are just trying to troll which is beneath you.

TMS that is a fair point. If I were in their shoes, I couldn't say for certain how I would respond. Every man has to decide what is important to them.

goduke

The fact that you can sense my passion about it which was unintended, actually proves my point for my love of the game. If I didn't care I wouldn't comment. I think it is important to stand up for what you are passionate about. Hooper believes it is a non issue along with goduke. That is fine and I can respect that. Trying to take a moral high ground about it to shrug off my comments is ridiculous though and shows that you don't have a rationed out response to my point. Explain why the coach wearing a mask on his chin is good for basketball?

Thor this was the worst comment I've seen from you since I've been back. You shouldn't make assumptions about posters. I tend to believe that you are just trying to troll which is beneath you.

TMS that is a fair point. If I were in their shoes, I couldn't say for certain how I would respond. Every man has to decide what is important to them.
    Explain how the mask has an effect on basketball first? How does it effect the game?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Explain how the mask has an effect on basketball first? How does it effect the game?
    I want an explanation on how a mask helps an individual alone in their own vehicle .
    Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave lakerboy 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I want an explanation on how a mask helps an individual alone in their own vehicle .
    Any time I see someone in their car.... single occupant by the way... no one else inside... wearing a mask... I die laughing. In my area it's always the following... An Asian woman... A black woman.... A "not up to date" 55+ white man. lol And the white man is always skinny and doesn't seem to have any health issues lol

Clearly the plan worked... scaring the sheep out there.

Ra77er

Picture this. Both coaches wearing a MAGA hat on the sidelines. If that doesn't seem inappropriate to you then we have nothing further to discuss. If the coaches were allowed to wear whatever they wanted and they chose to wear it, then I support them but I don't think politics should ever be in the great sport of basketball. It certainly wasn't when I was coming through the ranks. I didnt show up at the boys and girls club after school or in the church gym or on the blacktop in my city wearing some D.A.R.E shirt discussing politics. I read David Thorpes book on basketball and I am with him. It's music. Anything that distracts from it is a net loser.

I apologize for taking the thread down this path LB.

Ra77er

Furthermore, I don't understand the labeling and hatred towards either side. I thought this would be behind us since Trump lost but it seems people have gotten accustomed to hating people now rather than coming together. I actually like rkelly, chico, and mike jam. I also like Booyah (he is a 'nole so he must stay). I even defended you goduke against Eddy who is one of the most articulate posters on the entire forum. I certainly understand his position, he must have high standards for himself and that is in itself respectable. I also believe someone should be given the space to correct the error of their ways. This is SBR m'fers

goduke

It doesn’t. But if someone wants to wear it in their car I don’t care one bit, more power to them. If definitely doesn’t instill a passion for me to fight for mask rights in society when as a society it’s the absolute least of our problems

goduke

I do think some people who you see wearing it in their car honestly don’t even realize it’s still on. That’s how little effect it has on most people. While there are some that act like they took three bullets when they put it on lol

goduke

Picture this. Both coaches wearing a MAGA hat on the sidelines. If that doesn't seem inappropriate to you then we have nothing further to discuss. If the coaches were allowed to wear whatever they wanted and they chose to wear it, then I support them but I don't think politics should ever be in the great sport of basketball. It certainly wasn't when I was coming through the ranks. I didnt show up at the boys and girls club after school or in the church gym or on the blacktop in my city wearing some D.A.R.E shirt discussing politics. I read David Thorpes book on basketball and I am with him. It's music. Anything that distracts from it is a net loser.

I apologize for taking the thread down this path LB.
    If wearing hats were allowed by the NBA then that’s fine with me. Here’s the thing they are just words. Now I know some people would get upset with those hats let’s say the very left which also makes it stupid like the right gets mad about masks. It’s dumb on both sides because it’s not important.
    As for politics in sports, now I get why you don’t want it in sports but remember each person has their own choices and famous people have a platform that can reach many people. And even though you don’t like that maybe it’s needed. We have alot of people that just bitch to the clouds but never want to do anything that helps invoke change. If a basketball fan wants to find a passion in something because his favorite superstar believes in it more power to them.
    Now with that being said I’m talking about purposeful passions, I disagree fighting for someone’s rights is political, it’s become political because corrupt politicians know how to make it political but it my opinion it’s no different then if Steph curry was like I want to help feed the hungry. Should we blast him for putting that out there and trying to drive interest from others?
    In order to invoke changes in society you have to have lots of people.

lakerboy

I do think some people who you see wearing it in their car honestly don’t even realize it’s still on. That’s how little effect it has on most people. While there are some that act like they took three bullets when they put it on lol
    They absolutely know it's on. They have been scared to death by this thing. I know people who didn't leave the house for 6 months when this thing started. It's comedy for me to see the individuals that do that in the car and it doesn't affect me but it's sad that humans are really that stupid. They can't even think for a minute. My policy was simple. I wore it where they required it. I didn't make a big deal.

goduke

Furthermore, I don't understand the labeling and hatred towards either side. I thought this would be behind us since Trump lost but it seems people have gotten accustomed to hating people now rather than coming together. I actually like rkelly, chico, and mike jam. I also like Booyah (he is a 'nole so he must stay). I even defended you goduke against Eddy who is one of the most articulate posters on the entire forum. I certainly understand his position, he must have high standards for himself and that is in itself respectable. I also believe someone should be given the space to correct the error of their ways. This is SBR m'fers
    The hatred comes from our politicians spinning everything to divide society. It keeps them in power and society from realizing to invoke changes you have to find common ground with your neighbors. Every politician makes so much money on back room deals why would they want to give that up. It’s like a veteran sorts player who knows how to get all the calls. He can’t get by anyone anymore but he knows exactly what to do to draw a penalty

goduke

They absolutely know it's on. They have been scared to death by this thing. I know people who didn't leave the house for 6 months when this thing started. It's comedy for me to see the individuals that do that in the car and it doesn't affect me but it's sad that humans are really that stupid. They can't even think for a minute. My policy was simple. I wore it where they required it. I didn't make a big deal.
    And it could be true. As a society overall we are stupid. Education is not properly funded or cared enough about to help make society overall more intelligent.
    But I mean it’s no different than people who listen to Alex Jones, make all their decisions in life based on if they get to hang out in the clouds after they die, think lizard people are running the world, etc.
    It all comes down to education

Ra77er

If wearing hats were allowed by the NBA then that’s fine with me. Here’s the thing they are just words. Now I know some people would get upset with those hats let’s say the very left which also makes it stupid like the right gets mad about masks. It’s dumb on both sides because it’s not important.
    As for politics in sports, now I get why you don’t want it in sports but remember each person has their own choices and famous people have a platform that can reach many people. And even though you don’t like that maybe it’s needed. We have alot of people that just bitch to the clouds but never want to do anything that helps invoke change. If a basketball fan wants to find a passion in something because his favorite superstar believes in it more power to them.
    Now with that being said I’m talking about purposeful passions, I disagree fighting for someone’s rights is political, it’s become political because corrupt politicians know how to make it political but it my opinion it’s no different then if Steph curry was like I want to help feed the hungry. Should we blast him for putting that out there and trying to drive interest from others?
    In order to invoke changes in society you have to have lots of people.
    This is my favorite post of yours in this thread. I can understand that and it's the same thing that the GOAT Michael Jordan was asked to do during his time (according to the 30 for 30) and it makes me wonder what it would've done to his career if he had. I wonder if LeBron will look back 30 years and be happy that he engaged in politics or will he think he hindered his abilities in some way.

My view is that if MJ or LBJ want to feed the poor or help social justice causes, then quit playing basketball and focus your efforts on that. The problem with it is people love what they love and involving them in something that they cannot be that dedicated to will split their attention and could lead to a downfall, or at the very least, a dip in production in one or the other. Just my view on that.
    Last edited by Ra77er; 06-15-22 at 02:24 PM.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1028

We often hear that athletes have a platform, and they have an obligation to speak up.

Does anybody have photos of this platform? I'd like to see a photo.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    We often hear that athletes have a platform, and they have an obligation to speak up.

Does anybody have photos of this platform? I'd like to see a photo.
    I have no problem with them speaking up. What I do have a problem with is when they are wrong or jump to early conclusions they don't correct themselves.

budwiser

I have no problem with them speaking up. What I do have a problem with is when they are wrong or jump to early conclusions they don't correct themselves.
    just what this country needs, rich and famous jocks in their 20s and early 30s telling the rest of us how the world should work loll

Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave budwiser 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy

just what this country needs, rich and famous jocks in their 20s and early 30s telling the rest of us how the world should work loll

It's okay you can have 80 year old retarded men running the nation instead

Ra77er

Was it Oscar wILDe that said the young know everything, the middle aged don't believe anything, and the old know nothing! (paraphrase of course but the message is there)

budwiser

It's okay you can have 80 year old retarded men running the nation instead
    something between 35 and 70 might work lol

budwiser

Was it Oscar wILDe that said the young know everything, the middle aged don't believe anything, and the old know nothing! (paraphrase of course but the message is there)

u got it man. old enough to know what i don't know lol

goduke

This is my favorite post of yours in this thread. I can understand that and it's the same thing that the GOAT Michael Jordan was asked to do during his time (according to the 30 for 30) and it makes me wonder what it would've done to his career if he had. I wonder if LeBron will look back 30 years and be happy that he engaged in politics or will he think he hindered his abilities in some way.

My view is that if MJ or LBJ want to feed the poor or help social justice causes, then quit playing basketball and focus your efforts on that. The problem with it is people love what they love and involving them in something that they cannot be that dedicated to will split their attention and could lead to a downfall, or at the very least, a dip in production in one or the other. Just my view on that.
    I think they can do both just like a person has a full time job and then has side hustles or hobbies. MJ chose not to involve himself as much and that’s a choice he had to just like the others have that choice.
    I think lebron will look back and not regret anything because last time I checked financially he’s doing quite fine even if I don’t like him as a person

goduke

This is fair. I wish this was a more acceptable practice though. Now though if you admit your wrong on anything you are basically beaten alive with words and you cant have a positive impact on anything even if you are right the next 99 times.

goduke

A lot of time though these people come from very tough backgrounds growing up. They may be rich now but that’s still real life experiences that our current Leaders don’t have

budwiser

A lot of time though these people come from very tough backgrounds growing up. They may be rich now but that’s still real life experiences that our current Leaders don’t have
    I'd rather see these guys work an actual job first

LeBron James has a "platform", the guy never had to lay a finger or work for anything his entire life.

goduke

I'd rather see these guys work an actual job first

LeBron James has a "platform", the guy never had to lay a finger or work for anything his entire life.
    you dont think he had to work all his life to be the best nba player in his generation? Thats kind of nuts. You see talented players go bust all the time because they dont work hard

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Any time I see someone in their car.... single occupant by the way... no one else inside... wearing a mask... I die laughing. In my area it's always the following... An Asian woman... A black woman.... A "not up to date" 55+ white man. lol And the white man is always skinny and doesn't seem to have any health issues lol

Clearly the plan worked... scaring the sheep out there.
    I only wear my mask ALONE in my car after I rob a bank. It works!

budwiser

you dont think he had to work all his life to be the best nba player in his generation? Thats kind of nuts. You see talented players go bust all the time because they dont work hard
    that's what he thinks. try asking if you want fries with that. try eating s h it when your boss tells you to do something.

goduke

that's what he thinks. try asking if you want fries with that. try eating s h it when your boss tells you to do something.
    i think you underestimate how athletes get to where they are at. The ones that end up being special are workaholics from an age when the rest of us were playing legos. Think of Lebron as a CEO who worked his way all the way to top. Does he work as hard as he used to? No but thats because he earned it. The problem with your comparison is those people that are asking about fries or taking shit from their boss is because they made missteps in life or didnt work hard enough. They have no one to blame but themselves

First 12345 Last