johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Irving is that little kid that likes to play dress up... one day he's a flat earther or anti-vaxer, another day he's biopolar, another day he's a penetrating indian, next he's a devout muslim. Very special person.
    Yup

hard to back nets again after this

fknnn goofball on the team

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1028

Durant is getting hounded, and not getting calls.

As long as the Celtics can beat him up, the Nets can't win.

Of course when you're playing in Boston, the fans are going to cheer on any Celtics fouls, and any fouls against the Nets is going against World Peace.

And Nash just isn't doing a good job. Brown played well last game, but he should have subbed out Brown long ago and they would have gotten game 1. I don't know what's in this guy's head-reportedly word around the league is he struggles to make in-game adjustments.

Do the Nets have the better talent? Yes, without Williams no question. Are they the better team? No, they are not. They are not a mature team, every time they get the lead they start playing sloppy, throwing the ball around.

There's always next year, but Durant will be 34 off achilles surgery and imo that'll be the end of the Nets.

budwiser

As for Irving, the guy handed the team the first win, they couldn't put it together. Brown with 1 rebound in 37 minutes has to be the joke of the Nets year. nash not subbing him out in game 1 has to be joke #2

Yeah Irving is all over the place, but you have to finish out game 1, and you're going back 1-1 and it's a totally different series.

But they don't have the toughness. You look at a Yannis, Embiid, Curry, Joker, the list goes on and on, these guys are TOUGH and they don't give up leads easily. These Nets give up leads like they're handing out sympathy flyers.

Now it's just desperation time.

FYI unrelated looks like Booker is out 2-3 weeks.

budwiser

I was listening to the Nets pregame, Nash said he's looking over the tape and talks about how they didn't rebound in game 1. they were watching.

This is his problem. He has to look over tape and figure it out. It was happening all game. Brown was adding nothing. And on the other end, it was 4 on 5. it's always 4 on 5 out there, and Nash HAS to do something about it. You can put in claxton with drummond and crash the boards. but he doesn't do anything. Nobody has a clue what guy is going to be out there at any time, unless it's Durant Kyrie or Brown. The rest of the guys have to wonder. And of course Blake and Aldridge never play, and as a result the Nets are small and they get physically manhandled and wear down.

Sometimes superstars are just not meant to be head coaches. With a coach Bud, a pop, a McMillan, a mature head coach with years of experience, the Nets are well handled. I don't understand how you give a prime head coaching job with a team looking to win a title that year to a guy with 0 experience coaching.

They will most likely fire Nash after the season, but it's probably too late, this was the year, as was last. A 34 year old Durant, and I don't know where they're going to get help with other players.
    Last edited by budwiser; 04-21-22 at 01:11 PM.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16173

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    As for Irving, the guy handed the team the first win, they couldn't put it together. Brown with 1 rebound in 37 minutes has to be the joke of the Nets year. nash not subbing him out in game 1 has to be joke #2

Yeah Irving is all over the place, but you have to finish out game 1, and you're going back 1-1 and it's a totally different series.

But they don't have the toughness. You look at a Yannis, Embiid, Curry, Joker, the list goes on and on, these guys are TOUGH and they don't give up leads easily. These Nets give up leads like they're handing out sympathy flyers.

Now it's just desperation time.

FYI unrelated looks like Booker is out 2-3 weeks.
    Middleton reportedly hurt also. Things are looking good for my Sixers to make the conference finals... up 3-0 on the Raptors, then Bulls next round? They need time to build chemistry and they'll get it.

IBetYou

Looking like a Mavs/ Celtics final to me right now though.

budwiser

The Nash situation actually goes back to minority hiring. You say how.

How many times do black guys get head coaching jobs with no experience. They're set to fail, then they bring in the white coach.

For example, in football look at Notre Dame. They bring in Marcus Freeman, a 36 year old guy with 0 head coaching experience, was linebackers coach. At least be an offensive or defensive coordinator. You watch, this guy is going to fail then they'll bring in a white guy at a big contract.

That's how it works. That's the reality, not this "Rooney rule" b ull s made up by some grandiose Steeler owner.

budwiser

Looking like a Mavs/ Celtics final to me right now though.
    Was thinking the same the Celtics look tough...may have to switch over for my title pick. gotta wait until the Nets lose tho (which obviously looks likely)

Without Middleton they will coast to the Eastern Conference finals, and Miami and Philly will battle it out. Before yesterday, all thoughts were the Celts would be in a battle, turns out the Bux are now clinging to life. I know the Bux well...can someoene tell me who is going to shoot the ball for that team now.

IBetYou

The Nash situation actually goes back to minority hiring. You say how.

How many times do black guys get head coaching jobs with no experience. They're set to fail, then they bring in the white coach.

For example, in football look at Notre Dame. They bring in Marcus Freeman, a 36 year old guy with 0 head coaching experience, was linebackers coach. At least be an offensive or defensive coordinator. You watch, this guy is going to fail then they'll bring in a white guy at a big contract.

That's how it works. That's the reality, not this "Rooney rule" b ull s made up by some grandiose Steeler owner.
    Would it surprise you if I told you no less than 5 black guys got a head coaching job this season with no prior experience in the big seat? Including Udoka? About time they gave a coach from the European leagues a chance imo -they'd sooner give someone from the WNBA (like Becky Hammon) a chance.

budwiser

Would it surprise you if I told you no less than 5 black guys got a head coaching job this season with no prior experience in the big seat? Including Udoka? About time they gave a coach from the European leagues a chance imo -they'd sooner give someone from the WNBA (like Becky Hammon) a chance.
    part of it is the grandiosity of the front office. These guys want to look like geniuses, look at the gem I found that nobody else has. I see this guy as being special (and will take credit for it)

Owners need guys in their corner. The last thing they need is a guy like Brian Flores who claims racism and disgraces the owner. the team is only one small piece of the owners' lives, I know it's hard to believe but these guys are usually in charge of billion dollar empires and thousands sometimes tens of thousands of employees, they need to take care of. teams are a toy to these guys

IBetYou

Bos/ Udoka: Just picking up from where Stevens left off. They got Horford back so that made a big impact obviously.
    Por/ Billups: Total flop. He wanted them to play like his Pistons teams...
    NO/ Green: Good coach. Best of the bunch I suspect.
    Orl/ Mosley
    Was/ Unseld

IBetYou

Thing about Nash is he was a 2-time MVP and a 6ft white guy... that's an extraordinary achievement. Talk about going against the grain! His success was a result of his IQ and diligence -these are things people look for when giving somebody a job, not how high they can jump nor how tall they are. How many of the guys in the list above made an extraordinary achievement?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I got I 4-2 Celts

budwiser

Bos/ Udoka: Just picking up from where Stevens left off. They got Horford back so that made a big impact obviously.
    Orl/ Mosley
    Was/ Unseld
    Unseld is a curious one. Granted his dad Wes just died and won the championship for the Bullets. His team sukd as coach...he had talent but didn't use it...yet he went on the GM anyways. Traded 25 year old Chris Webber along with Raheed Wallace for 32-year-old Mitch Richmond and Otis Thorpe. They also got rid of Ben Wallace and Richard Hamilton. They helped build both the Sacremento Kings as well as the Detroit Pistons in their glory years through trades. For whatever reason from that one title with the Bullets Wes Unseld has become royalty-he was a big favorite of Abe Pollin. Abe Pollin felt like he could never touch Wes Unseld, that he was royalty. Gave him year after year after year...failure after failure, i think it finally wore on Pollin before he croaked.

Billups got an offer to coach I forget which team, declined.
    Last edited by budwiser; 04-21-22 at 02:23 PM.

budwiser

Thing about Nash is he was a 2-time MVP and a 6ft white guy... that's an extraordinary achievement. Talk about going against the grain! His success was a result of his IQ and diligence -these are things people look for when giving somebody a job, not how high they can jump nor how tall they are. How many of the guys in the list above made an extraordinary achievement?
    Yeah no doubt he SHOULD do the job, he just IS NOT..in my opinion. He's smart, intelligent, a legend, high IQ all that..but it doesn't seem to translate into in-game adjustments. In both games against the Celtics the Nets had significant leads and lost them. His team seems to lack focus. He seems to be soft-he lets Ben Simmons determine when he's coming back (I have no idea is his frequent response), and I have never seen him berate the team. Keep in mind he's Canadian. I've always said something strange about Canadians-talked about the Raptors and how you just don't bet on them as favorites. Bizarre country imo

You look at Jason Kidd, what a hire. These guys with EXPERIENCE, that's what you need. I'm an old Gen X guy, so is Nash-so I figured he would do great. He just isn't.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Celts defense why they won

Durant was locked down like never before 2 straight games

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Durant was awful by his standards in game 1, Kyrie in game 2. I thought these guys were supposed to win games for their team not lose them

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Durant was awful by his standards in game 1, Kyrie in game 2. I thought these guys were supposed to win games for their team not lose them
    yeah he may be getting old. as simple as that

budwiser

Orl/ Mosley
    Was/ Unseld
    Here's one-Mark Jackson. How does that guy not get a job. He builds up the Warriors then gets fired. Granted he had front office issues, so owners are paranoid, but what a great hire he would be imo

At 57 years old, doing commentary for years on national tv on the #1 games with Jeff Van Gundy, his communication skills are elite and he is well-seasoned

The Warrirors were 51-31 when he got fired. The Warriors got better in all 3 years he was there

that guy HAS to feel slighted, as you said they pick up 5 other black coaches without experience, which is crazy

The problem is, these GMs have big egos. And hiring a guy who can be more experienced and talented than them requires them to check their egos at the door-which is just not generally gonna happen

Supposedly Lakers considering Jackson. I can't imagine what he could do with that mess of a team, but this is what happens to these black coaches.

The cynical part of me says these guys want to hire them young to get them gone in a few years, say hey we're not racist and move on. Depends on how my day's going lol
    Last edited by budwiser; 04-21-22 at 02:38 PM.

IBetYou

budwiser, type Andrew Bogut & Mark Jackson into your search engine. Among other things he said Jackson's lockerroom was like a church recruitment service ...2-timed his wife yet preaching to others

He does well on TV. Got a sense of humour.

budwiser

budwiser, type Andrew Bogut & Mark Jackson into your search engine. Among other things he said Jackson's lockerroom was like a church recruitment service ...2-timed his wife yet preaching to others

He does well on TV. Got a sense of humour.
    Lost his coaching career over a marginal white australian? God man life ain't fair

budwiser

Know why jeff van gundy doesn't coach? Did he retire? I hear back in the day he was stressed.

IBetYou

jvg was a mediocre coach. Don't like his tv personality either -like a poor man's Woody Allen. When D'Antoni was bringing over the Euro style of play at the turn of the century jvg was going in the opposite direction. Idiot. His brother had a better idea of how to do things hence he lasted longer.

budwiser

Jeff and mark got the dry comedy routine going, for better or worse

Dantoni's rockets with paul harden were a thing to watch. A paul hamstring away from possibly upsetting the warriors in their prime. People said 2 guards wouldn't work. Those were the days. People loved or hated the rockets

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Durant is getting hounded, and not getting calls.

As long as the Celtics can beat him up, the Nets can't win.

Of course when you're playing in Boston, the fans are going to cheer on any Celtics fouls, and any fouls against the Nets is going against World Peace.

And Nash just isn't doing a good job. Brown played well last game, but he should have subbed out Brown long ago and they would have gotten game 1. I don't know what's in this guy's head-reportedly word around the league is he struggles to make in-game adjustments.

Do the Nets have the better talent? Yes, without Williams no question. Are they the better team? No, they are not. They are not a mature team, every time they get the lead they start playing sloppy, throwing the ball around.

There's always next year, but Durant will be 34 off achilles surgery and imo that'll be the end of the Nets.
    Fair points, but you're not allowed to play that kind of defense in nba for 7 games, the league isn't gonna let boston get away with that. This isn't 1985. You can't just hug a guy and not allow him to touch the ball on a pass.

Also, Boston's role players are hitting everything. Horford, Theis and Grant Williams are role players for a reason. I think Grant Williams had 17 points on 4 shot attempts. Yeah....Lol. Even NBA superstars don't do that.

Theis and Horford are hitting 3s like they're 3 point champions. You're talking about age, Horford is like 36 yrs old. I'll keep giving those guys those shots. They won't go in for 7 games.

Gotta pay attention to those details. The game isn't all about Durant Irving Brown and Tatum.

Goat Milk

It's not over but the nets are by far the least complete team, the very definition of top heavy
    I don't think so. I think they're the most well balanced team with Simmons. I think people forget how good Ben Simmons actually is. Seth Curry is better than anyone on the celtics not named Smart Brown and Tatum. Goran Dragic is far better than any bench player on Boston. And yet Boston keeps hitting 3 after 3. It looks good now when 6'8 and up guys like Horford Theis and Williams are popping 3s. But those guys aren't dead eye snipers, and those shots won't fall for 7 games.

Granted, I don't know if Nets are gonna make it through this series, which is why we're getting these odds at +1400, but if they do get through it, and Simmons is back, I think this is the most complete team.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I don't think so. I think they're the most well balanced team with Simmons. I think people forget how good Ben Simmons actually is. Seth Curry is better than anyone on the celtics not named Smart Brown and Tatum. Goran Dragic is far better than any bench player on Boston. And yet Boston keeps hitting 3 after 3. It looks good now when 6'8 and up guys like Horford Theis and Williams are popping 3s. But those guys aren't dead eye snipers, and those shots won't fall for 7 games.

Granted, I don't know if Nets are gonna make it through this series, which is why we're getting these odds at +1400, but if they do get through it, and Simmons is back, I think this is the most complete team.
    That's alot of what ifs as opposed to the here and now. Simmons at best in a vacuum vs the fact that he hasn't played all year let alone finding rythym and chemistry with his new team. Potential is best reserved for the start of the season not must win scenarios in April and May.

Be that as it may the nets don't have a strict formula for success that a true well rounded team such as the sun's out grizzlies have other than a jump shooting team that tries to capitalize on double teams to their stars.

But the biggest problem is that they don't have a dog on the team. As skilled as Durant and Kyrie are they are finesse players and don't tend to respond well to physicality. They needed a dog to hold the lead in game 2 and a dog to put them ahead for good in game 1.

With a team like Boston where Tatum and brown are comparable to Durant and Kyrie, Marcus smart has no competition and is feasting as the only dog

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Goater legend
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave Thrilla 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

That's alot of what ifs as opposed to the here and now. Simmons at best in a vacuum vs the fact that he hasn't played all year let alone finding rythym and chemistry with his new team. Potential is best reserved for the start of the season not must win scenarios in April and May.

Be that as it may the nets don't have a strict formula for success that a true well rounded team such as the sun's out grizzlies have other than a jump shooting team that tries to capitalize on double teams to their stars.

But the biggest problem is that they don't have a dog on the team. As skilled as Durant and Kyrie are they are finesse players and don't tend to respond well to physicality. They needed a dog to hold the lead in game 2 and a dog to put them ahead for good in game 1.

With a team like Boston where Tatum and brown are comparable to Durant and Kyrie, Marcus smart has no competition and is feasting as the only dog
    Good point, you need some dogs on your team. I think Bruce Brown is that guy for sure and Drummond should be that guy but he soft. Ben Simmons is taht guy for sure tho. You arent gonna bitch make simmons, he is one of the best defenders i have ever seen at that height 6'10 6'11. i do not think they need chemistry with him cause all he has to do is defend the best player, grab the rebound, push and pass. its not like they gonna call any plays for ben simmons to score. He is the very definition of a junk it up kinda player. But we will see. Boston looking like the top team in the east the last 3 months. I dont think those other for boston are as good as they are playing. No one was talking about horford for 5 years, derrick white, theis, grant wiliiams, these guys are washed.

IBetYou

Why did you give Thrilla a point for calling you a legend? Is that like giving him a kiss?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Is it a good value to buy them now 0-3 in first round of playoffs?

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2117

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Is it a good value to buy them now 0-3 in first round of playoffs?
    Yes... once Ben Simmons comes back you will see who the better team is

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    Boston?

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Celtics too good

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    Wow now that's delusional. No team has ever come back from an 0-3 deficit yet the Nets will do so because of a guy with mental issues -not to mention a serious back issue.

First 123 Last