Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Mac's Early Leans - 2021 edition

I'm back. After a year long hiatus of college picks, I'm going to post my picks in this thread. Feel free to fade or tail at your peril.

I'll try to pick games that stick out to me during the early part of the week. I'd appreciate any discussion, opinions, line movements, injury reports, etc. Then lock in my picks. I'm not going to use units as I don't feel like keeping up with the math. A win is a win, a loss is a loss and a push is a tie.

Games that are sticking out to me right now are the following.

Bowling Green at Tennessee -35.

This seems like a lot of points for an often overrated UT team. UT is starting a new QB and has to replace a lot of starters on offense and defense. BG is bringing back their QB but also is replacing a lot of players. BG defense maybe the more experienced squad on the field, so I think the score could be kept close. I'm heavily leaning BG.

OSU at Minnesota +14

Minnesota was so up and down last year. They were unpredictable. They tend to compete well with mid level teams but totally collapse against the better teams. They return a lot of players and have a huge offensive line. OSU is starting a new QB and a lot of new guys on defense. I think Minny can put up a few points. This line is screaming take Minny but OSU has so much talent, it's hard to bet big. The UNDER may be a good bet here too?

Mac4Lyfe

^ Once again, the 2 games above are just games I'm looking at. I have not locked anything in yet but I'm leaning BG and Minny. I'll probably lock something in tomorrow.

Mac4Lyfe

North Carolina at Virginia Tech +5.5

VaTech hasn't won a home game against a ranked team since 2009. I don't see them winning this game either. Their QB played well last year but UNC's defense will be very stout. I am high on UNC. I expect them to compete in the ACC. First game jitters could be problem for a young team. UNC has the better talent and Mack is pretty good in preparing his team. I hate Thursday on the road games, so I'll probably bet small.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Like Minny and UNC
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave GT21Megatron 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

It's a bit scary betting against OSU. So much talent. I'm kicking myself that I didn't bet the house on Illinois the other night. I really had a great feeling they would cover/win and the game would go under. I bet too small in that game. But I'll probably have to bet small on these games too until we get a few more games under the belt.

eastvan09
    eastvan09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1728

Hey Mac, great you are posting this season. I feel good about this season.

For OSU/Minny, if you are able to watch the game you could live bet it.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by eastvan09 View Post
    Hey Mac, great you are posting this season. I feel good about this season.For OSU/Minny, if you are able to watch the game you could live bet it.
    Yeah, I think it's a good game to live bet. We'll know pretty soon if Minny's experience can carry them or if OSU's speed and talent will blow them off the field. This game should either be close or a beat down IMO.

I've got every channel available on Xfinity. The game should be on Fox, so I should be able to watch it. I think some games this year will be on +streaming sites which will be weird. I also have a couple great IPTV subs. They usually can get anything, anywhere, any sport. I used to have Dish and Directv but they can't provide all the content IPTV has. It was the only way to really watch the Olympics.

Mac4Lyfe

I'm a huge SEC follower. Here are the SEC games this week.

TENNESSEE -34 Bowling Green
    KENTUCKY -29.5 ULM
    ARKANSAS - 19.5 Rice
    Alabama -19 MIAMI
    MISS ST -23.5 La Tech
    MIZZOU -13.5 C Mich
    AUBURN -37 Akron
    CLEMSON -3 Georgia
    FLORIDA -24.5 FAU
    TEXAS A&M -29.5 Kent
    LSU -3.5 UCLA
    OLE MISS -9.5 Louisville

In addition to BG, I'm leaning ULM, Arkansas, Alabama, La Tech, TAM, LSU and Ole Miss.

eastvan09

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Yeah, I think it's a good game to live bet. We'll know pretty soon if Minny's experience can carry them or if OSU's speed and talent will blow them off the field. This game should either be close or a beat down IMO.

I've got every channel available on Xfinity. The game should be on Fox, so I should be able to watch it. I think some games this year will be on +streaming sites which will be weird. I also have a couple great IPTV subs. They usually can get anything, anywhere, any sport. I used to have Dish and Directv but they can't provide all the content IPTV has. It was the only way to really watch the Olympics.
    Sounds like you have everything planned out. I am in Canada and I don't have cable so I will be streaming games. Tye summer olympics were great. Enjoyed watching and made a few small bets.

eastvan09

I'm a huge SEC follower. Here are the SEC games this week.

TENNESSEE -34 Bowling Green
    KENTUCKY -29.5 ULM
    ARKANSAS - 19.5 Rice
    Alabama -19 MIAMI
    MISS ST -23.5 La Tech
    MIZZOU -13.5 C Mich
    AUBURN -37 Akron
    CLEMSON -3 Georgia
    FLORIDA -24.5 FAU
    TEXAS A&M -29.5 Kent
    LSU -3.5 UCLA
    OLE MISS -9.5 Louisville

In addition to BG, I'm leaning ULM, Arkansas, Alabama, La Tech, TAM, LSU and Ole Miss.
    Quite a mixed bag in the non conference slate. I have BG team total under, Arkansas first half, Kentucky first half.

Mac4Lyfe

I dont trust UTs defense enough to take BG under. I like Arky 1st half but they should wear wm down the 2nd half and easily cover the game line. I'm not real confident in UK.

eastvan09

I dont trust UTs defense enough to take BG under. I like Arky 1st half but they should wear wm down the 2nd half and easily cover the game line. I'm not real confident in UK.
    Gotcha. I am strongly fading BG and ULM. I am curious to see how the games turn out. I saw that ULM was a poor 1stQ, 1st H team last year.

Mac4Lyfe

I'm locked and loaded with the following for tomorrow.

1 143 - College/Football - Bowling Green Spread +35 -108 for Game
    2 143 - College/Football - Tennessee U Team Total UNDER 48½ -115 for Game
    3 146 - College/Football - Minnesota U Spread +14 -108 for Game

I also sprinkled a little bit on Minny ML +460 for shits and giggles.

BTW: I also bold a play when I think it's a top pick for me. I really want to bold all 3 of these plays but let's see what happens.

Mac4Lyfe

Gotcha. I am strongly fading BG and ULM. I am curious to see how the games turn out. I saw that ULM was a poor 1stQ, 1st H team last year.
    I need to look more into ULM. I appreciate the heads up. I'm not real confident in UK just yet, which is why I'm leaning ULM. I might need to wait for a 2nd half play on ULM?

Mac4Lyfe

I just got wind that UT's best, most physical defensive player, Juco DE Byron Young won't play tomorrow. Probably out the next 2 or 3 games for some clearing shit. They'll make the announcement tomorrow afternoon. I'm liking BG even more now.

eastvan09

I just got wind that UT's best, most physical defensive player, Juco DE Byron Young won't play tomorrow. Probably out the next 2 or 3 games for some clearing shit. They'll make the announcement tomorrow afternoon. I'm liking BG even more now.
    Good intel, thanks.

Mac4Lyfe

RESULTS

1 143 - College/Football - Bowling Green Spread +35 -108 for Game
    2 143 - College/Football - Tennessee U Team Total UNDER 48½ -115 for Game

3 146 - College/Football - Minnesota U Spread +14 -108 for Game
    --------------------------------------------------------
    2-0-1

Tennessee is really bad. I don't like their offense or defense. They look like a good team to fade each week.

Man, that Minnesota game really didn't end the way I wanted. Minny had so many chances but turned the ball over too much. I felt I should have taken OSU with a 2nd half bet but let it ride. The no call targeting really fukked up what should have been a cover.
    Oh well. I'll take a 2-0 start.

Mac4Lyfe

Locked and loaded for this game tonight. I really like UNC in this matchup. They have the better athletes, clearly out recruited VT the last few years. They also have the better QB, better Oline and playmakers. On defense they've added a few pieces to shore up a defense that was pretty average last year. I think Mack is going to really focus on improving the defense, especially stop giving up the big plays. I think the defense might be embarrassed from the game last year and can't wait to take it to VaTech. The DB's are long and physical and will play man to man and beat VTs receivers to the ball.

This game may be close for 3 quarters but UNC's depth and talent should take over the game in the 4th quarter. This is a double bold game for me. Which just means I feel really good/confident here.

3) 147 - College/Football - North Carolina Spread -6 -108 for Game
    4) 147 - College/Football - Virginia Tech Team Total UNDER 28 -115 for Game

Mac4Lyfe

Duke/Charlotte

Hmmmm, I think the wrong team might be favored in this one. I smell a fishy line. I'm talking 3 day old bloody smelly tampon fish sour yogurt smell. Most casual bettors will go with the Duke name for sure. But they lose a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Can they reload? I don't think so, they're Duke football not basketball. The majority of the bets have been on Duke and the line hasn't budged?? Let me take the dog in this one. Friday night at home after getting their butts kicked last year. This Charlotte team should be itching to get some payback in this one. Duke may have a slight edge in talent but very slight. Charlotte has the edge in QB, offensive line and WRs by far. Both defenses are questionable. I'll take the QB 9 times out of 10.

5) 152 - College/Football - Charlotte Spread +6½ -108 for Game
    6) 152 - College/Football - Charlotte Spread +3½ -110 for 1st Half
    7) 151 - College/Football - Charlotte Team Total OVER 13½ -105 for 1st Half

I expect Charlotte to come out fast. I expect them to throw over the top and get a couple quick scores. Duke could make a run in the 2nd half. This game is going to propel one team forward and the loser is going to have a tough season. I smell an upset in this one.
    Points Awarded:

Tintin12 gave Mac4Lyfe 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

eastvan09

Duke/Charlotte

Hmmmm, I think the wrong team might be favored in this one. I smell a fishy line. I'm talking 3 day old bloody smelly tampon fish sour yogurt smell. Most casual bettors will go with the Duke name for sure. But they lose a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Can they reload? I don't think so, they're Duke football not basketball. The majority of the bets have been on Duke and the line hasn't budged?? Let me take the dog in this one. Friday night at home after getting their butts kicked last year. This Charlotte team should be itching to get some payback in this one. Duke may have a slight edge in talent but very slight. Charlotte has the edge in QB, offensive line and WRs by far. Both defenses are questionable. I'll take the QB 9 times out of 10.

I expect Charlotte to come out fast. I expect them to throw over the top and get a couple quick scores. Duke could make a run in the 2nd half. This game is going to propel one team forward and the loser is going to have a tough season. I smell an upset in this one.
    Best of luck with your card tonight! I didn't bet any of today's games as I don't have a read on these teams.

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

I liked all 3 picks yesterday, and I like these today. I'll roll with ya.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JacketFan81 View Post
    I liked all 3 picks yesterday, and I like these today. I'll roll with ya.
    Let’s cash this bitch

Mac4Lyfe

Sam Howell 17-32, 208 Yds, TD, 3 Ints WTF? Was he point shaving? Damn, he shit the bed.

Charlotte wins the game over Duke straight up. I knew they would fight but damn what a horrible end to the 1st half. I should have easily won both 1st half bets. Would have been 4-1 but ended up 2-3. Right side but tough luck. Dammit.

3) 147 - College/Football - North Carolina Spread -6 -108 for Game
    4) 147 - College/Football - Virginia Tech Team Total UNDER 28 -115 for Game

2-3 on the day. 1-2 on Bolded plays

-------------------------------------------
    Season Total

4-3-1 , 1-2 on Bolded Plays

Mac4Lyfe

I just wrote this in the upset thread... I'm locked and loaded.

I like Western Michigan today vs Michigan. WMich offense should be able to move the ball on the ground and in the air. Michigan's defense is still trash and the offense is still trying to find itself moving to more spread concepts. I think both teams will move the ball well but UM will have more success in the air and not much on the ground. They will be more one sided versus WMich balanced offense. That tells me that their offense may be easier to stop and could lead to more turnovers. WMich is a live dog this morning.

8) 155 - College/Football - Western Michigan Spread +16½ -108 for Game
    9) 155 - College/Football - Western Michigan Spread +9½ -105 for 1st Half

I also love the Western Michigan Team total OVER 10.5 first half
    I also took them to score first +145

Mac4Lyfe

I've been going back and forth with this Penn State vs Wisconsin game. My head tells me Wisconsin covers but my gut says Penn State is going to be a lot better this season than last. There's a lot of excitement around the PSU football team. They have like the 3rd best recruiting class in the nation. Their new offensive coordinator Yurcich comes from Okie State. That guy knows offense. The QB Clifford was average to bad last year but working under Yurcich and most of the offense coming back, including good quality receivers. This offense should be much improved. Clifford has said that this is the most confident he's ever been. That speaks volumes to me. The best bet for me is the following.

10) 165 - College/Football - Penn State Team Total OVER 10½ +110 for 1st Half

I like PSU team total Over 21.5 for the game as well.

I see either Wisconsin barely covering or PSU winning by double digits. I'll probably get a live bet in on this one.

Mac4Lyfe

I really want to pull the trigger on Kansas State -3 but this is another game that could go either way. Stanford has a lot of unknowns which is why I'm going to lay off and look for a live bet. KSU brings back a lot more experience. They should be much more balanced offensively whereas Stanford will be heavy run. The only problem with KSU was they were horrible at tackling last year while Stanford is very solid and don't make many mistakes. Good game that I'm looking forward to watching.

Mac4Lyfe

Wow, what a shitty morning for my picks. WMich scores on their first possession and their star WR goes down. Now they can't move the ball worth a shit. Other receivers dropping passes, so now Michigan is just loading the box. Then UM get's 2 huge big plays for TDs to kill the 1st half. PSU/Wisc game looks like a game from the 1900's. No one can score. Wisconsin has had a ton of opportunities but just can't put up any points.

Meanwhile KSU is dominating Stanford. The game I should have betted.

Arkansas is my underrated, under the radar team this year. This spread is a bit concerning as I could see a backdoor opening. My double up approach is not working. If this one doesn't cash, I'm going to stop trying to hit both halves.

11) 168 - College/Football - Arkansas Spread -20 -108 for Game
    12) 168 - College/Football - Arkansas Spread -10½ -110 for 1st Half

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You should just quit all together. You are really not very good, as your record proves. You know very little about college football and even less about wagering. I will be looking to make some easy money or points off of you next week. I am calling you out loser.

Mac4Lyfe

DumbDaddyQuitter - Welcome to the thread. You may become my biggest cheerleader yet.

2 more added plays.

13) 174 - College/Football - Iowa Spread -4 -108 for Game

14) 177 - College/Football - Marshall Spread -3 -108 for Game

Mac4Lyfe

I'm a little nervous betting against Indy QB Penix. That kid is very dynamic and has great receivers. But I love Iowa's secondary which I think is the best in the B10. If Indy can't run the ball, which they may not after losing their 2 best backs, their offense could get stagnant pretty quick. This seems like a low scoring grind it out game where Iowa seems built better suited.

The Marshall line keeps creeping up. I really liked Marshall initially but that line scared me. They have the best receivers and offense in the conference. Marshalls defense is stout. They are disciplined, can get a push and great at tackling. Just what you need against a triple option. Plus they've had all summer to practice against it. This game should not be close IMO.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You should just quit all together. You are really not very good, as your record proves. You know very little about college football and even less about wagering. I will be looking to make some easy money or points off of you next week. I am calling you out loser.
    but arent you part of a syndicate of cappers that move lines in vegas, and here you are looking for plays at sbr, what a joke bigdaddy, that explain why you dont post your plays bigfraudhq
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave iwantcougars 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Wow, Arkansas shitting the bed. Burial in progress.

eastvan09

Wow, Arkansas shitting the bed. Burial in progress.
    Totally! I am Arky too. I took Navy amd they are getting killed.
    Morning started well as Rutgers and ULM team total under won.

Mac4Lyfe

Maybe Illinois is feeling real good about themselves from last week?

15) 201 - College/Football - UTSA Spread +3 -110 for 1st Half

I'm riding UTSA for the game as well but a bit smaller.

Mac4Lyfe

Totally! I am Arky too. I took Navy amd they are getting killed.
    Morning started well as Rutgers and ULM team total under won.
    Thank God Arky finally woke up and covered. That was a sweat.

I loved Marshall today. I should have hammered that bet. I was a bit shell shocked by getting my ass kicked in the early games.

1234 ... Last