LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Covid Vaccine Tomorrow

S C A R E D ! But scared not to w/ age and conditions.

The tax accountant that does my taxes for 20 years said her neighbor got the vaccine, had a re-action and died!

I get the flu vaccine each year with no issues .

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22870

R.i.p. Sb

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

You should be fine. Keep us posted. I'm on the waiting list in my state.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

I’think I’m getting mine tomorrow as well. Waiting a few hrs at a site for extras at the end of the day. Been working for a lot of my friends. Will be happy to get it and be able to never think about this bs again

Chicken&Waffles
    Chicken&Waffles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1466

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    You should be fine. Keep us posted. I'm on the waiting list in my state.

Keep you posted about what? Saw this dude named Willie99 on the RacistX forum giving a minute by minute update on his first shot of the vaccine. I don’t really understand it. What are you updating people on? If you’re going to turn into a zombie?

You feel sick for a few hours after the second shot. Almost everyone has said that. What is there to update?
    Points Awarded:

LongBall52 gave Chicken&Waffles 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LongBall52

I didn't know the 2nd shot was the one to look out for..tks!

Chicken&Waffles

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    I didn't know the 2nd shot was the one to look out for..tks!

Most say first shot is just a sore arm. Maybe small side effects along with that.

Everyone I have spoken with who has gotten it has said the 2nd shot has more side effects. Nausea, maybe headache, or fever like symptoms for a day.

A girl friend of mine who is 35ish but works in the healthcare field threw up after her second shot due to the nausea.

A few hours later she said her side effects were diminishing.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

A friend in Florida echoed the statements about the side effects of the second shot. Nausea, weakness, mild fever for a couple of days afterwards. There are some risks involved. Knowledge of the past can be useful in decision making.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I had no side effects after first vaccine, I get my 2nd vaccine this Friday

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

2nd shot 10 days ago. Zero side effects

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I give you a 50/50 shot to survive

think positive

good luck

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

With the J&J vaccine ramp up announced today, one could make a case to wait for that availability. One shot and that's it.

Chicken&Waffles

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    With the J&J vaccine ramp up announced today, one could make a case to wait for that availability. One shot and that's it.

But word is it’s around 70% effective. The two shot ones are around 90-95% effective.

Of course it’s not going to kick in right away. So takes about two weeks after the second shot before you’re actually protected from Covid.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken&Waffles View Post
    But word is it’s around 70% effective. The two shot ones are around 90-95% effective.

Of course it’s not going to kick in right away. So takes about two weeks after the second shot before you’re actually protected from Covid.
    Thanks for that information. I've posted this before. I think I've had the co-vid in February 2020. Since then I've had four antibody tests. June one positive one negative. August Positive. Last December Negative. I've heard various explanations for this. I'm not sure what to believe.

LongBall52

1 done 1 shot to go in 3 weeks. Note: Maybe this will help someone that is scheduled for later. Arrive at the place at least 1HOUR, before the 10 minute time frame they schedule for. The line I was in was approx. 40 minutes long to get to the shot , with a couple of stops before that for questions. I'm so grateful that one shot is done. They give you a card with the follow up date and the type of shot you got with a code. But you still have to go back on line to register for the 2nd dose.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

1 done 1 shot to go in 3 weeks. Note: Maybe this will help someone that is scheduled for later. Arrive at the place at least 1HOUR, before the 10 minute time frame they schedule for. The line I was in was approx. 40 minutes long to get to the shot , with a couple of stops before that for questions. I'm so grateful that one shot is done. They give you a card with the follow up date and the type of shot you got with a code. But you still have to go back on line to register for the 2nd dose.
    my parents just got their 2nd shots last week. the place by us is ran horribly. other places like Aqueduct Racetrack and the Javits Center are much smoother. i think it really depends on who is in charge. glad you got the first one.

i got my appointment on April 10th right now. Trying to see about getting sooner if something opens. I have the doctor writing a note for me based on one of my "conditions" in case they ask.

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    my parents just got their 2nd shots last week. the place by us is ran horribly. other places like Aqueduct Racetrack and the Javits Center are much smoother. i think it really depends on who is in charge. glad you got the first one.

i got my appointment on April 10th right now. Trying to see about getting sooner if something opens. I have the doctor writing a note for me based on one of my "conditions" in case they ask.
    Pologq,
    This is a Massive undertaking by the Federal gov (CDC).. In Virginia it's called VMAS -Vaccine Management. I have to say, it was (in my opinion ) done well here for the first dose. Lots of older people in wheel chairs. It was run I'd guess maybe 33% by the military and the other 2/3 by medical professionals... Just a wild guess.. The Virginia Beach Convention Center is H U G H !!!!!! The parking lots itself was as big as Aqueduct Racetrack...well it was Hugh. These people are doing a damn good job. So many volunteers helping those in that need assistance.... Have to say it was done today as well as could be expected.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25558

From people that I know, first shot not much in terms of side effects if they have not had covid.
    Second shot had more side effect.
    People I know that had covid had pretty severe side effects from 1st shot and almost none for second shot.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Pologq,
    This is a Massive undertaking by the Federal gov (CDC).. In Virginia it's called VMAS -Vaccine Management. I have to say, it was (in my opinion ) done well here for the first dose. Lots of older people in wheel chairs. It was run I'd guess maybe 33% by the military and the other 2/3 by medical professionals... Just a wild guess.. The Virginia Beach Convention Center is H U G H !!!!!! The parking lots itself was as big as Aqueduct Racetrack...well it was Hugh. These people are doing a damn good job. So many volunteers helping those in that need assistance.... Have to say it was done today as well as could be expected.
    It sounds like your place is better run than the High School my parents went to. I am just glad they are done.

York college by me has become a site to go to. I heard that is run well and where I got an appointment.

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    It sounds like your place is better run than the High School my parents went to. I am just glad they are done.

York college by me has become a site to go to. I heard that is run well and where I got an appointment.
    A high School ---Wow, CDC must have encountered trouble finding a place.. But I guess there are some large high schools. New York City must have some of the largest buidings in the WORLD, so that's a suprise. I'm a farm boy...Does the World's Largest produce market still exist in the Bronx? (Lots and lots of small places, back in my time)

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Got my 2nd shot today. Pfizer. no issues either one. These were given at the Greensboro Coliseum. Very efficiently run, in and out in 35-45 minutes and 15 minutes of that was waiting after my shot to make sure i didn't have any immediate side effects. Nurse said up to 2 weeks to take full affect. I feel relieved but will still wear my mask. If you haven't had one yet and are eligible, get it.