When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

that ticker is bad ass

dmm
    dmm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4116

Points Awarded:

texhooper gave dmm 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Wow...

Nasher is rich as fuk

Rich? Nah.
    Comfortable. Yeah.

I got my wife a 40 inch smart TV for the big bedroom in September for the football season.
    She loves her football.

I have a 40 inch 2 year old smart TV in my office/study/spare bedroom as well.

Before COVID I worked the overnights (graveyard) as I/T analyst guy, so my sleeping schedule was much different than the rest of the universes sleeping schedule so I crash in my home office 3 or so days a week. Now I work remote from my home these days, so the TV in here is imperative.

The third TV is the big boy.
    That's in the living room, big screen, the whole nine yards.

The fourth TV is in the finished basement.
    We rarely spend time down there except for laundry and the circuit breakers are down there as well.
    That TV is rarely used, it's there, it works and all, but it's pretty much a paperweight.

My wife loves the smart TV, she loves her Netflix and other apps.
    Me? Mine is a smart TV as well but I rarely use the apps, I'm sit-com, police drama procedurals, and sports guy.
    I pay for the MLB total package but that's it. My cable company includes the NFL Network in the cable package, and when hell freezes over I'll pay for the NBA package but the last I checked hell hasn't frozen over yet.

Like I always say "usually you get what you pay for" (usually)
    Most of the time you have to pay up for quality, not always, but most of the time.

TV's you don't have to pay up anymore like back in the day.
    Back in the day if you had a Sony TV that was status and you were big time.
    Now in 2021 if you have a Sony you have a run of the mill, ordinary OK TV.

My Samsung's are 20 percent or more cheaper than Sony (if not cheaper these days) and deliver just as sharp a picture as Sony, is as durable as Sony, etc... I refuse to pay up for the name "Sony" when others deliver the same thing for a fraction of the cost.

As a matter of fact the Magnavox in the basement is 10 years old, cost like half the price as Sony, and is still solid.

I like the OLED's, don't have one, checked them out, real nice but a tad overpriced in my opinion.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

2 tvs and a projector with a 120 inch screen. I can split the projector feed to do 4 60 inch displays.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    2 tvs and a projector with a 120 inch screen. I can split the projector feed to do 4 60 inch displays.
    Nice!

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

4 in 6 room house and thats enough for me

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I like the OLED's, don't have one, checked them out, real nice but a tad overpriced in my opinion.
    I'm a TV nut. I have 14 TVs. 5 in my media room and 3 in the den alone. I even have a TV in my garage. Media room projector is 170" surrounded with 2 - 50" on each side. I can do PIP on all of them and do 10 different streams if needed but never really done. I gave away 3 TVs in the past year. I bought an LG OLED a few years ago and it quickly got screen burn in, although I had pixel refresh enabled. Beautiful picture but the burn in really pisses me off. The only other TV that comes close is a Pioneer Kuro plasma that I still have. Incredible color and darks even without UHD but hot as hell.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm a TV nut. I have 14 TVs. 5 in my media room and 3 in the den alone. I even have a TV in my garage. Media room projector is 170" surrounded with 2 - 50" on each side. I can do PIP on all of them and do 10 different streams if needed but never really done. I gave away 3 TVs in the past year. I bought an LG OLED a few years ago and it quickly got screen burn in, although I had pixel refresh enabled. Beautiful picture but the burn in really pisses me off. The only other TV that comes close is a Pioneer Kuro plasma that I still have. Incredible color and darks even without UHD but hot as hell.
    Yeah, I'm electronics guy too, but computers not TV's so much.

I heard that about OLED's, I think I read that in pcmag.com

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yeah, I'm electronics guy too, but computers not TV's so much.
    I heard that about OLED's, I think I read that in pcmag.com
    LG has an 88" OLED 8K tv that cost $30k. After getting burned with burn in, I won't touch another LG tv anytime soon no matter how nice a picture.

I'm a huge electronics buff. Laptops, computers, tablets, streaming devices, model airplanes, drones, etc. I use to have an electronics room with oscilloscopes, testing equipment, soldering and SMD rework stations, lathe, drill press, etc. I use to etch my own circuit boards. My wife has turned it into a craft room. I easily have about $50k in astronomy shit. Telescopes, mounts, filters, cameras. Also a huge gamer. 2 Xbox series x, 3 xbox ones, a PS5, PS4, 2 gaming computers, Oculus Rift. Scuba gear. I just bought a Sublue navbow underwater scooter. It is real fun even in a pool. I got a lot of shit that I don't even use. Definite pack rat.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

just 2

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    1 rule
    I rule to abide by
    Bigger tv is always better
    Not necessarily. Depends on viewing distance, how close you are to the TV.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Not necessarily. Depends on viewing distance, how close you are to the TV.
    and how bad your eyesight... Which is why I moved from phones to tablets.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most guy's with rookie set ups

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

6....3 upstairs, 1 on main floor, 2 in the basement.

kucyk9010
    kucyk9010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

One

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

I have a black and white UHF/VHF 13” tv with rabbit ears to get the local news...

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I have a black and white UHF/VHF 13” tv with rabbit ears to get the local news...
    Tin foil too?

First 12