DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

He'll never break the single game 3 pointers made by a Bol record though
    Points Awarded:

pablo222 gave Chi_archie 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    And immediate drug test
    And then after the drug test...

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

I had Bol Bol as a top 10 prospect in last year's draft. he still has a lot to work on but it looks like he's finally healthy and can start rounding out his game. I know Coach Malone loves him & playing besides Joker should benefit his game as well. very exciting prospect in a tremendous organization.

DiggityDaggityDo

Last edited by DiggityDaggityDo; 07-22-20 at 06:48 PM. Reason: double post (and JJ is 2.5")

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He is a good player but he was playing against G league players basically and he had already been playing great in the G league.

DiggityDaggityDo

Last edited by DiggityDaggityDo; 07-22-20 at 07:45 PM. Reason: tripple post... wtf sbr?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

No one has Kobe and Mike's instinct, no one in history. Can't name 1 other guy.

And there's certainly no one like that in today's game, that's for sure.

Bol Bol has arrived when I SAY he's arrived. Understand?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I'm hearing comps to a combination of Larry Bird, Wilt, Hakeem, Michael, Kobe, Pistol Pete, and Shaq combined.

Bol has arrived!!!!

rm18
    Update your status

i dont thing Jordan quite the best instinct. Even if he was the best player he was an amazing athlete.. For instinct I would say Chris Paul, Kobe, Larry Bird, and Luis Scola.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    i dont thing Jordan quite the best instinct. Even if he was the best player he was an amazing athlete.. For instinct I would say Chris Paul, Kobe, Larry Bird, and Luis Scola.
    I think Kobe and Jordan were teh only guys I've ever seen who transformed once they got on a basketball court. Lebron transformed a couple times too, but not consistently. When Lebron played Boston down 3-2 when he was with Wade, that was a Jordan/Kobe like moment. His entire personality changed during that game. it was something special to watch.

Chris Paul? Great player, but always let his emotions get the best of him. Could never tap into the beast at will like the two I just named.

I would say Kawhi Leonard, too, is starting to enter that territory of unleashing a beast inside. Same with Giannis.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    I think goaty meant killer instinct, determination, drive. (Those what separated kobe and MJ in my book, nobody worked harder than those guys and nobody wanted the ball more when it counted!). Not basketball iq instinct. Although maybe he did, who knows with goaty? I just know to never question him! Lol

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I think Kobe and Jordan were teh only guys I've ever seen who transformed once they got on a basketball court. Lebron transformed a couple times too, but not consistently. When Lebron played Boston down 3-2 when he was with Wade, that was a Jordan/Kobe like moment. His entire personality changed during that game. it was something special to watch.

Chris Paul? Great player, but always let his emotions get the best of him. Could never tap into the beast at will like the two I just named.

I would say Kawhi Leonard, too, is starting to enter that territory of unleashing a beast inside. Same with Giannis.
    It’s blasphemy to put Kawhi “load management” Leonard in the same sentence with MJ and Kobe!! The “beast” in him stays on its leash to often!

We will talk about Giannis if he lives in the gym enough to fix his jumper over the next few seasons!! I have no clue bout his work ethic and determination level as I don’t follow these players real close anymore. If Greek freak puts the work in and just gets his outside shot to average he could go down as one the all timers, none the others have his length/size (kd has the length but he a stick figure who looks like he scared of the weight room!).
    Last edited by 2daBank; 07-22-20 at 08:35 PM.

SomeDayinBuffalo
    SomeDayinBuffalo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1295

Denver has a bunch of bench players that can come into something. Not this push but a good to look FWD too.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I do support him. He and his Uncle are born again Christians. I respect his worth.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    It’s blasphemy to put Kawhi “load management” Leonard in the same sentence with MJ and Kobe!! The “beast” in him stays on its leash to often!

We will talk about Giannis if he lives in the gym enough to fix his jumper over the next few seasons!! I have no clue bout his work ethic and determination level as I don’t follow these players real close anymore. If Greek freak puts the work in and just gets his outside shot to average he could go down as one the all timers, none the others have his length/size (kd has the length but he a stick figure who looks like he scared of the weight room!).
    Durant is what he is at this point and that's probably a future top 10 player in NBA history. To me he's a better player than Tim Duncan. He has more impact on games. Duncan always blessed with greatest teams. KD still has 3 years left of pure dominance and won't be surprised if he wins another championship and finals MVP. He is unguardable and super efficient and plays good D too.

Giannis reminds me of the old school breed of guys. Magic Larry Jordan Shaq Kobe. He just has this desire inside to improve everyday and he doesn't want to be your friend.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Too early

Talk to me in 5 years

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    I do support him. He and his Uncle are born again Christians. I respect his worth.
    Give it a rest guy. Respect your vibe and mindset but too much on the born again mate, sorry just my opinion.

Regards

rm18
    Update your status

There is going to have to a conference on if he counts as a rookie next year if he plays during the bubble.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

I enjoyed and had fun with Bol Bol's debut yesterday. But now I've seen people say he's Kevin Durant offensively, but a better defender and actually mean it. Let's settle way, way down here.

- Keith Smith, @YahooSportsNBA

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Durant is what he is at this point and that's probably a future top 10 player in NBA history. To me he's a better player than Tim Duncan. He has more impact on games. Duncan always blessed with greatest teams. KD still has 3 years left of pure dominance and won't be surprised if he wins another championship and finals MVP. He is unguardable and super efficient and plays good D too.

Giannis reminds me of the old school breed of guys. Magic Larry Jordan Shaq Kobe. He just has this desire inside to improve everyday and he doesn't want to be your friend.
    Kd is def one the best and smoothest scorers this league has seen, he still a stick figure tho! I’m not so sure if he has more in him or not? He might never be the same after the injury, I was incredibly disappointed he not playing in the bubble, he has had way more than enough time to be fully recovered! I don’t get it at all and I’m knocking him for it! Maybe cause I took small shot on a Nets future few months ago thinking if he played those insane odds would plummet! Instead that ticket is toilet paper as none the Nets are playin! I’m not sure if that team ever work? They better find the right coach and hope KD returns as what he was!

We see on Giannis, like I said if he consistently lives in gym and improves his jumper then yes. What made those others great wasnt just the killer instinct on the court but the fact it carried over to the gym as they relentlessly worked on their games!!

Dunno why the hell you put shaq in that group? Shaq had no desire to work and improve his game! That why him and Kobe didn’t get along! Drove kobe nuts shaq would rather go to club or make a rap video than be in gym learning to shoot free throws!! Shaq was just blessed with the most physically dominating body in history, he didn’t put in the kind of work kobe and mj did of the court.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47533

Might be a good low cost investment to buy a few Bol Bol rookie cards

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Might be a good low cost investment to buy a few Bol Bol rookie cards
    I got a couple of em from packs that I opened!
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave sosawestbrook 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    I got a couple of em from packs that I opened!
    I'm just getting back in the game after a 20-25 year hiatus. There are so many sets and variants these days, I don't really even know where to begin. I've been buying some stuff with low POP reports(population or how many are in existence).

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

That's hilarious you say that.....my buddy got a Mahomes Card for 1400 and its worth 10K now......that said I went though my collection and found out they are worth more than I thought......have 10 Shaq Rookies...2 Magic Johnson Cards...2 Frank Thomas Rookies ..Walter Payton...and Dan marino Rookies Signed....Ken Grif Sr...Ozzzie....Guess I loved Fred McGriff at one point lol who knew....pages of him and don mattingly...gary Sheffield lol....bionic bo Jackson lol.....was a good throwback........
    I'm just getting back in the game after a 20-25 year hiatus. There are so many sets and variants these days, I don't really even know where to begin. I've been buying some stuff with low POP reports(population or how many are in existence).
    Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave PaperTrail07 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sosawestbrook

I just got in a couple of months ago as well. its been super fun learning the game & trying to find angles. it feels like a combo of the stock market + sports betting which is probably why I'm so intrigued by it. been buying some packs for fun but mostly just individual player cards, both raw & PSA graded.

this channel on YouTube called Slabstox has some really good information on the market & what to look for. they cover all the sports too. here is one of their videos if you want to check them out:

Points Awarded:

JAKEPEAVY21 gave sosawestbrook 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    That's hilarious you say that.....my buddy got a Mahomes Card for 1400 and its worth 10K now......that said I went though my collection and found out they are worth more than I thought......have 10 Shaq Rookies...2 Magic Johnson Cards...2 Frank Thomas Rookies ..Walter Payton...and Dan marino Rookies Signed....Ken Grif Sr...Ozzzie....Guess I loved Fred McGriff at one point lol who knew....pages of him and don mattingly...gary Sheffield lol....bionic bo Jackson lol.....was a good throwback........
    nice. I wish I still had some of my old cards. I use to have a dozen or so LeBron Topps rookie cards. they used to sell em by the piece at this vending machine inside a local grocery store. $1 a pop.

JAKEPEAVY21

Most of my old cards got stolen ~25 years ago. The only good cards I have left from back in the day are an Elway and Favre rookies.

The past few weeks, i've really caught the bug and have dropped almost $2500 on some Doncic, Tatis Jr, Acuna Jr and Soto PSA 10 rookies. I need to calm down, it is very easy to drop a lot of coin on cards. When i was younger, i did not have the funds to buy what I wanted.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    I just got in a couple of months ago as well. its been super fun learning the game & trying to find angles. it feels like a combo of the stock market + sports betting which is probably why I'm so intrigued by it. been buying some packs for fun but mostly just individual player cards, both raw & PSA graded.

this channel on YouTube called Slabstox has some really good information on the market & what to look for. they cover all the sports too. here is one of their videos if you want to check them out:

I actually watched a video from that channel yesterday but it was a different dude with glasses.

I've only been buying PSA 10 gem mint cards but did buy one Doncic raw card on ebay for like $16. I would not spend a whole lot on raw cards, just my opinion.

PaperTrail07

OUCH......yeah I found an Elway yesterday.........same my parents back in the day mostly got me donruss and topps LOL.....agree Ive started looking into selling a few to buy some others ect....atleast google is around so you don't have to buy a "current Value" book anymore LOL.
    Most of my old cards got stolen ~25 years ago. The only good cards I have left from back in the day are an Elway and Favre rookies.

The past few weeks, i've really caught the bug and have dropped almost $2500 on some Doncic, Tatis Jr, Acuna Jr and Soto PSA 10 rookies. I need to calm down, it is very easy to drop a lot of coin on cards. When i was younger, i did not have the funds to buy what I wanted.

PaperTrail07

9-10 for sure--otherwise it wont resell
    I actually watched a video from that channel yesterday but it was a different dude with glasses.

I've only been buying PSA 10 gem mint cards but did buy one Doncic raw card on ebay for like $16. I would not spend a whole lot on raw cards, just my opinion.

JAKEPEAVY21

OUCH......yeah I found an Elway yesterday.........same my parents back in the day mostly got me donruss and topps LOL.....agree Ive started looking into selling a few to buy some others ect....atleast google is around so you don't have to buy a "current Value" book anymore LOL.
    I've been binge watching some videos on Youtube the past few weeks and trying to bone up on things again. I told myself i was going to calm down a few days ago but dropped another $1200 or so yesterday lol. I figure I'm invested in bitcoin/crypto and the stock market, why not diversify my portfolio and throw a few thousand at some PSA graded cards?

sosawestbrook

facts. Im getting raw cards for the personal collection. mostly under the radar prospects for dirt cheap. figure its low risk high reward.

12 Last