Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Should big bear be banned?

99.999999% of posters say yes

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I just don't understand how he's not on post review or had his thread starting abilities disabled/limited.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

i would say just a time out to start with

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    i would say just a time out to start with
    He's been put on time out and warned by Shari. Still creates random threads. He's not the worst poster I've seen on here, but some of the random sh** he asks/tries to discuss does make me face palm and wonder what the point was creating those threads.

To me, he's SBR's Andy Rooney who liked to rant about some of the most random stuff on 60 minutes.

Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 03-07-20 at 11:34 PM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Big Bear is the single reason this place is a ghost town right now.

SBR should be blazing right now with MLB starting up, good NBA games, NCAA tournaments getting in gear......

This place should be buzzing right now yet respected posters are running for the hills because of him and a couple others and yet the moderators really don't be too concerned.

I'm seriously thinking about not renewing my pro status.
    Why would I want to pay money to put up with his nonsense.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Auto Donk, and MadTiger

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Big bear posting on SBR.

Keeps him off the streets.

Prefer to have him here.

Than out in public molesting people with his questions.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

He's just horny

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Can someone create a poll for Big Bear to be banned please thanks in advance.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Big Bear is the single reason this place is a ghost town right now.

SBR should be blazing right now with MLB starting up, good NBA games, NCAA tournaments getting in gear......

This place should be buzzing right now yet respected posters are running for the hills because of him and a couple others and yet the moderators really don't be too concerned.

I'm seriously thinking about not renewing my pro status.
    Why would I want to pay money to put up with his nonsense.
    the real reason is because nobody has expendable income to gamble with

why chat on a sports gambling forum when you are too broke to wager?

one poster cannot deter people from posting if you don’t like my thread topics here is a bright idea, don’t click on them

get out of your head Stevie

go back to what you do 3 page write ups with a losing play or the occasional fart joke

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

one poster cannot deter people from posting if you don’t like my thread topics here is a bright idea, don’t click on them

go back to what you do 3 page write ups with a losing play or the occasional fart joke
    You clearly have no money to wager with, but you're still here creating 20+ threads every day.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

keep big bear in saloon

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Big Bear suffers from mental problems. He is not always here. He thinks that he is a big time gambler, when in fact, he NEVER puts down a penny because he does not have a penny. He is broke, and mentally disturbed. He should be put out of his misery, but seeing as that will not happen in the near future, he should be permanently banned from SBR.

stevenash

Bear?

Let me qualify this response by stating I'm responding with a clear head with no anger or hate.
    Anger is counter productive as it does not let you think straight and anger is also bad for ones health.
    It's bad for the nervous system and your blood pressure too, this is why I strive to eliminate all anger from my life.

Hate is counter productive too as it's also a form of anger.
    I concentrate hard not to be hateful and I pretty much succeed at being peaceful which doesn't mean I won't get down and dirty because if I have to I will but that's a last resort when all else fails.

I'm white, that's not my fault, I was born that way.
    I don't hate the black man because that's not his fault, he wasn't born that way.
    I don't judge by the color of ones skin, but the content of what is in ones heart.
    I'm not even sure if God wants me to judge (good or bad) at all.

Speaking of God, I'm Catholic, I choose to be.
    I believe in God, doesn't make me a good Catholic, but that's what I believe.
    I don't hate the Jewish because that's their faith of choice.
    The same with the Muslim or the Hindu.
    Don't hate them, I like the fact anybody can choose (within reason) what they believe in.

No Bear, I don't hate you, I believe somewhere outside of forum land you have a redeeming quality or two.
    But this is forum land for now and I'm responding to you in this here forum as a poster.

What I'm about to say we have discussed before but let's revisit shall we?

Remember I say this level headed and no hate.

The next time you write a three page post or thread with clarity let alone a three sentence post will be your first time.
    I've got the time to do that because I'm rehabbing a knee and a hip mainly because of the athletic (I was a catcher for many years) activities I participated for years in and other physical events.
    Also I have a passion for analytics and sports and writing too.
    I do this for my own reasons too.
    I post here to further my writing and analytical skills (it's what I do in real life) because I have a blog and entertaining thoughts of writing a book on sports analytics or the history of DFS.
    Some may think I'm a geek, and so do I, but it's my life and believe it or not analytics twenty years ago was consider geeky, now it's considered hip.

Now how can I be broke when I consistently post my plays with snapshots of my wagers.
    You can't (well you can) fudge those snapshots but if I did (and I don't) it'll be more than twenty or fifty dollars.
    Broke?
    I've been playing poker and wagering on events for years, I'm still comfortably in the game, still make every bill each month, still have a nice wife and still have a very nice roof over my head.
    Lastly I think an occasional good fart joke is amusing.
    It's always funny until it's about you though.

OK, on to you now.
    Yes Bear, one can deter you from posting here, I can't because I don't have moderator abilities, but they do.
    I think, and this is just my opinion that the moderators here allow you to because they pity you.
    But know this (and I say this without hate) and know this well, pity is not compassion.
    Like I said I think in real life you probably have a redeeming quality or two, but this isn't real life and I'm responding to you as a poster here.

YOU'RE ANNOYING.

You're beyond annoying.
    You clutter up these here boards with inane questions that you could google the answers for in less time it takes you to type it out here and post it.
    You don't think things out, if you did you wouldn't clutter up these here boards with the aforementioned inane questions.
    Research man, look into it.
    A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
    Do some homework too, your'e Atlanta Braves thread the other day had at least four glaring errors.
    What you post some may read. If it's full of false information you might be costing others money that don't know you.
    I can only speak for myself however since I listen to and read others responses I think I'm pretty much qualified to speak for others that we cringe at what you write.
    We really don't care if you don't know how or where to get laid.
    We're not here to help you with that, figure it out for yourself.

Lastly (I could go on) but twenty minutes is all I want to spend on this post because I want to do real life Sunday things and watch some sports tonight.

YOU HAVE NO SHAME.

You're shameless, if you had shame you would consider what others post about you.
    I didn't say care about what they say about you, I said consider.
    Last edited by stevenash; 03-08-20 at 11:44 AM.

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Who is BB?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool20 View Post
    Who is BB?
    No clue.
    You got me by the short hairs.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

I say DON'T ban him. We have freedom of speech in this country and many of us here on this forum swore an oath to defend that Bill of Rights. It's one of the core fundamental beliefs of our society.

People are complaining that he's annoying. He doesn't bother me at all. Having said that, even if he did, it couldn't be any worse than the banter floating around in the political threads in players talk. You guys ever read one of the political threads? Poster 1. "Fukk Trump" Poster 2. "Fukk crime" Poster 1. "Fukk you you racist pos" Poster 3. "My stocks are down this week" Poster 4. "Bernie better not get screwed by the establishment again" Jfc talk about bs threads and stupid shit. You lose 30IQ points just reading any political posts on this forum. Bear is the least of your worries compared to those idiots!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    I say DON'T ban him. We have freedom of speech in this country and many of us here on this forum swore an oath to defend that Bill of Rights. It's one of the core fundamental beliefs of our society.

People are complaining that he's annoying. He doesn't bother me at all. Having said that, even if he did, it couldn't be any worse than the banter floating around in the political threads in players talk. You guys ever read one of the political threads? Poster 1. "Fukk Trump" Poster 2. "Fukk crime" Poster 1. "Fukk you you racist pos" Poster 3. "My stocks are down this week" Poster 4. "Bernie better not get screwed by the establishment again" Jfc talk about bs threads and stupid shit. You lose 30IQ points just reading any political posts on this forum. Bear is the least of your worries compared to those idiots!
    You do make some points here

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1967

I stay away cause of big bear. Get pm monthly from guy threatening to take my points, and expose me to other posters

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Bear?

Let me qualify this response by stating I'm responding with a clear head with no anger or hate.
    Anger is counter productive as it does not let you think straight and anger is also bad for ones health.
    It's bad for the nervous system and your blood pressure too, this is why I strive to eliminate all anger from my life.

I concentrate hard not to be hateful and I pretty much succeed at being peaceful which doesn't mean I won't get down and dirty because if I have to I will but that's a last resort when all else fails.

I don't hate the black man because that's not his fault, he wasn't born that way.
    I don't judge by the color of ones skin, but the content of what is in ones heart.

Don't hate them, I like the fact anybody can choose (within reason) what they believe in.

No Bear, I don't hate you, I believe somewhere outside of forum land you have a redeeming quality or two.
    But this is forum land for now and I'm responding to you in this here forum as a poster.

The next time you write a three page post or thread with clarity let alone a three sentence post will be your first time.
    I've got the time to do that because I'm rehabbing a knee and a hip mainly because of the athletic (I was a catcher for many years) activities I participated for years in and other physical events.
    I post here to further my writing and analytical skills (it's what I do in real life) because I have a blog and entertaining thoughts of writing a book on sports analytics or the history of DFS.
    Some may think I'm a geek, and so do I, but it's my life and believe it or not analytics twenty years ago was consider geeky, now it's considered hip.

Now how can I be broke when I consistently post my plays with snapshots of my wagers.
    You can't (well you can) fudge those snapshots but if I did (and I don't) it'll be more than twenty or fifty dollars.
    Broke?
    I've been playing poker and wagering on events for years, I'm still comfortably in the game, still make every bill each month, still have a nice wife and still have a very nice roof over my head.

OK, on to you now.
    Yes Bear, one can deter you from posting here, I can't because I don't have moderator abilities, but they do.
    I think, and this is just my opinion that the moderators here allow you to because they pity you.
    But know this (and I say this without hate) and know this well, pity is not compassion.
    Like I said I think in real life you probably have a redeeming quality or two, but this isn't real life and I'm responding to you as a poster here.

YOU'RE ANNOYING.

You're beyond annoying.
    You clutter up these here boards with inane questions that you could google the answers for in less time it takes you to type it out here and post it.
    You don't think things out, if you did you wouldn't clutter up these here boards with the aforementioned inane questions.
    Do some homework too, your'e Atlanta Braves thread the other day had at least four glaring errors.
    What you post some may read. If it's full of false information you might be costing others money that don't know you.
    I can only speak for myself however since I listen to and read others responses I think I'm pretty much qualified to speak for others that we cringe at what you write.

Lastly (I could go on) but twenty minutes is all I want to spend on this post because I want to do real life Sunday things and watch some sports tonight.

YOU HAVE NO SHAME.

You're shameless, if you had shame you would consider what others post about you.
    You make a few MORE points here.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    You make a few MORE points here.
    Brevity was never on of my fortes.

I also have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve.
    I also have a tendency to lose my shirt too.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

I love you Stevenash!!!! In the totally heterosexual way of course.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    I love you Stevenash!!!! In the totally heterosexual way of course.
    Back at 'ya slick.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Political left: The world becomes a better place by stripping people like big bear of rights and freedom.

Political right: The world becomes a better place by granting people like big bear rights and freedom.

If you pay attention, eventually you notice those influenced by leftism are always trying to get other people banned, censored and otherwise deprived of rights and freedom.

While those influenced by the right, do the opposite.
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave Sanity Check 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

this man is just funny as fukk
    and accurate

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

doesn't bother me. as long as nothing is abusive or confrontational for tough guy internet fights, i think keeping the board with topics is better than a slow board with no traffic.

if you don't like the thread, don't post in it.

edit: if the posts are just to bullshit, then we need to do something. seeing more and more and just seems like waste of space.
    Last edited by pologq; 03-09-20 at 06:54 AM. Reason: realizing these threads are silly now

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I’d love to see how you guys deal with people you don’t like in the real world. Since a poster on a chat forum that you can block, or just scroll past, bugs y’all that much.
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave Cuse0323 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Bear?

Broke?

OK, on to you now.

YOU'RE ANNOYING.

You're beyond annoying.

YOU HAVE NO SHAME.

you have way too much time on your hands suhn

go try and get laid

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

yes, he should be banned..... three months or more ago.....

unlike red wine, he has not become better with more time, only worse.... he's like two-day old chicken sitting out on a corona-virus filled cruise ship buffet bar accidentally left out by dying, virus-infected staff........

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Big bear posting on SBR.

Keeps him off the streets.

Prefer to have him here.

Than out in public molesting people with his questions.
    good point, no doubt, but at least out in public he could acquire corona virus, possibly ending his annoyance of people in both venues.....

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    good point, no doubt, but at least out in public he could acquire corona virus, possibly ending his annoyance of people in both venues.....
    penetrate you

if I ever see you I will beat the shit out of you

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

penetrate you

if I ever see you I will beat the shit out of you
    auto donk would piss all over u

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Political left: The world becomes a better place by stripping people like big bear of rights and freedom.

Political right: The world becomes a better place by granting people like big bear rights and freedom.

If you pay attention, eventually you notice those influenced by leftism are always trying to get other people banned, censored and otherwise deprived of rights and freedom.

While those influenced by the right, do the opposite.
    No.

stevenash

you have way too much time on your hands suhn

go try and get laid
    Yes I do, when not a physical rehab I spend my time writing.
    I've told you that a million times.

Try and get laid?
    I'm married, I get laid pretty much when I want to.

You need to come up with new comebacks.
    Come to think about it I need to cut back on feeding the trolling Bear.

See, I admit I have a few flaws, why can't you?

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I’d love to see how you guys deal with people you don’t like in the real world. Since a poster on a chat forum that you can block, or just scroll past, bugs y’all that much.
    Cuse, you are a cross between George Carlin and Mitch Hedberg

both funny/smart fukkers

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    Cuse, you are a cross between George Carlin and Mitch Hedberg

both funny/smart fukkers

Hedberg.
    Quite possibly the most under appreciated and most underrated comic ever.
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave stevenash 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

12 Last