TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Barzola vs Aguilar

Barzola is a grinding style fighter who is constantly pushing forward and crashing distance looking for the TD. He's had success in his UFC fights so far and trains at ATT where he's still growing his game. The top control and sub game
    is very poor but he will look to take you right back down. He's hittable due to how he closes distance so aggressively but his chin is decent at least. The issue in this fight is Aguilar is a very dangerous striker with good power in his hands and also has the ability to scramble back up when taken down. Barzola shouldn't have to work super hard for the TD but keeping Aguilar down will be tough and he'll be exposed a lot to Aguilar's power on the way in. Barzola's wrestling is probably better than anyone Aguilar's faced including Damon Jackson who was able to have success before gassing/KO'd. He'll have to be on his toes though as Aguilar moves well and has a stinging jab as well. In the end, Barzola should be able to survive and get the TD's and barring a big punch that finishes him or a controversial decision, Barzola should get the win if he sticks to the wrestling/grinding approach.

Pearson vs Green

Green has a big edge in the wrestling/grappling department but his top control is a glaring weakness and Pearson has plenty of experience dealing with wrestlers and has the escapes to get back up decently easily here.
    While the wrestling shouldn't beat him completely, he'll be giving up 4 inches of reach to Green and 5 years in age to a much less shop worn opponent. Pearson's striking may be predictable as he hasn't really added layers but he can be somewhat competitive on the feet here and make it much closer than the line indicates. Green's lack of power should keep Pearson in this fight and make this a 3 round fight without much possibility of a finish. Green's lack of volume and tendency to want to counter strike and stay away from the fight is something that a veteran like Pearson could take advantage of and turn the crowd/judges against Green. Lot of conspiracy angles here but I think this is a definite pass outside of a flier on Pearson by DEC if the line is right

TPowell

Nzechukwu vs Craig

Kennedy is everything you want as a template for a UFC level LHW as he has great length and size and also has great athletic ability and youth. He's at one of the best gyms in the world at Fortis and is still growing leaps and bounds.
    He tends to want to use that reach he has to keep fighters at bay with the jab and to also throw head kicks. He has been the distance twice including on DWCS, so he may not have that adrenaline dump that some UFC debutants have. With Paul Craig, he knows he has to get fights to the mat to win against most everyone in the division. The issue is he has a lot of holes like his striking defense and his ability to control guys once he gets the TD. He's pretty easily reversed and tends to do his best work submission wise from the bottom. I think Craig has to keep this fight in the clinch and on the mat to have a legitimate shot. Maybe the way Craig likes to gamble for subs on the mat will work here against an opponent who is a little green, but I think Fortis can probably prepare him for anything Craig has skill wise.

Johnson vs Emmett

After all of the facial breaks/injuries that Emmett suffered against Stephens, it'll be interesting to see if his style changes any going forward. He has big power in his hands but he tends to wind up on them which hurts his strike defense.
    He was considered to be a durable guy before the Stephens KO but its hard to say that now after all of the damage suffered. He's a very strong, quick, and athletic FW but he should be at a technically disadvantage against a guy like Johnson. Johnson is a massive FW but seems to be slowing down physically and his TDD isn't the same as it once was. If Emmett uses that strength to get Johnson down, he may be able to make this fight very close on the cards, assuming we don't see a finish. I think Emmett will have a tough time holding him down though and I think its safe to say he'll be a little gunshy on the feet and this fight may turn into technique vs technique instead of Emmett looking for that big punch and exposing himself like he tends to. Both guys have power here but I think this fight hits the scorecards and Johnson should be the busier and better technical striker.

TPowell

My confidence in this card is mostly in fights going the distance as there are a lot of guys that SHOULD win that I can't lay prices with like Holland and Kennedy. I actually bought out of a 2.5 unit play on KK at -135 by betting the other side after listening to her some talking about how much she admires Waterson and how she wants to be a mom as well and time is running out (paraphrasing). She said she would NOT be a fighter and a mom though.

TPowell

Wow one of the totals I liked and played was the Holland one. FGTD is now +145 and starts R3 is -120. I also hit Holland by DEC very early and it has dropped over 2 dollars since

1 unit on starts R3 at +128
    0.5 units on FGTD at +215
    0.5 units on Holland by DEC at +430
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave TPowell 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Added Kenney at +250 so now I have him and Craig +175.
    This Kenney dude isnt bad. Crisp striking, i think Borg need to grapple and grind, and he may be superior in those aspect and steal the fight, but with the lay off and all that, kenney has been super active, the complete opposite mindset, i take a little stab at Kenney and hope that Borg doesnt feel himself after the lay off and get outstruck!

TPowell

Here's a good breakdown from a pretty knowledgeable guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8SMIaCwgGw

TPowell

I put a unit on Kenney just now at +235. The layoff from Borg and all of the personal things/injuries is a negative and I think he struggles when guys know how to wrestle in general. It doesn't take much to wrestle Smolka, Herrera (cut), Kelades (cut), and Howell (cut). I worry about what type of shape Kenney is in fighting a week ago, but I think he can win this fight on the feet. People talk about how good Borg's striking was against Formiga but he can't beat clearly at distance. He landed some shots in the clinch and looked decent but I think Kenney is comparable on the feet and a better wrestler even if his BJJ isn't near as good

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I put a unit on Kenney just now at +235. The layoff from Borg and all of the personal things/injuries is a negative and I think he struggles when guys know how to wrestle in general. It doesn't take much to wrestle Smolka, Herrera (cut), Kelades (cut), and Howell (cut). I worry about what type of shape Kenney is in fighting a week ago, but I think he can win this fight on the feet. People talk about how good Borg's striking was against Formiga but he can't beat clearly at distance. He landed some shots in the clinch and looked decent but I think Kenney is comparable on the feet and a better wrestler even if his BJJ isn't near as good
    Borg is faster I think, but Kenney is more powerful and more imposing. Kenney is an excellent grappler and I think he can stuff Borg and potentially even reverse some of his TD attempts, AS LONG as he’s fresh. That’s the key. He can’t gas cause Borg is too fast.

Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

My confidence in this card is mostly in fights going the distance as there are a lot of guys that SHOULD win that I can't lay prices with like Holland and Kennedy. I actually bought out of a 2.5 unit play on KK at -135 by betting the other side after listening to her some talking about how much she admires Waterson and how she wants to be a mom as well and time is running out (paraphrasing). She said she would NOT be a fighter and a mom though.
    You bought out of a play because KK said some day she wants to be a mom? That's interesting.

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

Respect the write ups T lot of good info.I have to agree with Enfuego here on his point though.

There are other reasons to not like the play, but most of the fighters on the card said similar things about admiration and respect. Go back and listen to past KK interviews as well, she is consistent in showing admiration, its engrained in her.

The fact that she wants to be a mom isn't crazy either, she was asked a question and answered it. Mackenzie Dern talked about being the first mom to hold the belt, doesn't mean I won't bet her is the match up makes sense. I see where you are coming from, but its just noise to me, and holds very little water when the cage door closes.

Enfuego
    Enfuego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2459

Quote Originally Posted by HurlSweatPants View Post
    Respect the write ups T lot of good info.I have to agree with Enfuego here on his point though.

There are other reasons to not like the play, but most of the fighters on the card said similar things about admiration and respect. Go back and listen to past KK interviews as well, she is consistent in showing admiration, its engrained in her.

The fact that she wants to be a mom isn't crazy either, she was asked a question and answered it. Mackenzie Dern talked about being the first mom to hold the belt, doesn't mean I won't bet her is the match up makes sense. I see where you are coming from, but its just noise to me, and holds very little water when the cage door closes.
    Can you imagine what Dern will look like after she has a baby given her weight issues in the past? Wow.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I think Kowalkiewicz needs Waterson to stand in front of her. Kowalkiewicz wins when people stand and trade and are close enough for her to use clinch work. I kind of feel that Waterson can move and fight going backwards in this one and maybe steal a decision.

HurlSweatPants
    HurlSweatPants's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3367

They will have to make a new weight class

Sure Dana would do it for her, but talk about 165 and he loses his mind. Don't get me started.

TPowell

I'm out if you are mentioning retirement at all with my money. Just my thing

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Shagdogy View Post
    Borg is faster I think, but Kenney is more powerful and more imposing. Kenney is an excellent grappler and I think he can stuff Borg and potentially even reverse some of his TD attempts, AS LONG as he’s fresh. That’s the key. He can’t gas cause Borg is too fast.
    Borg is fast but he's so inactive on the feet that it doesn't matter

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

There's one thing that should be mentioned about Ray Borg.

Awhile ago when the Cowboy versus Steve Perry drama happened, Lando Vannata, Ray Borg and a few other jacksonwink guys left JW to train with Cowboy @ BMF ranch. For anyone who follows Cowboy's youtube channel you can see he recently posted clips where some of those former jacksonwink names I mentioned are training in Cowboy's gym.

Ray Borg could be looking better in this fight than he has in the past. Or he could be worse depending on what you think on the jacksonwink versus bad BMF ranch feud.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 03-30-19 at 05:19 AM.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    There's one thing that should be mentioned about Ray Borg.

Awhile ago when the Cowboy versus Steve Perry drama happened, Lando Vannata, Ray Borg and a few other jacksonwink guys left JW to train with Cowboy @ BMF ranch. For anyone who follows Cowboy's youtube channel you can see he recently posted clips where some of those former jacksonwink names I mentioned are training in Cowboy's gym.

Ray Borg could be looking better in this fight than he has in the past. Or he could be worse depending on what you think on the jacksonwink versus bad BMF ranch feud.

All things considered I would take that as a negative

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

MMA Pros Pick

Shagdogy

Just updating where I’m at...
    Hermansson -120, 3u
    Kenney +250, 2u
    Craig +175, 1.29u

Barzola/Holland parlay +177, 1.13u
    Yusuff/Johnson parlay +225, 1u
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave Shagdogy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Cant wait---LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Does Justin Gaethje look more beat up and unhealthy than normal?

TPowell

Not much talk for a card that will kick off in about 4 hours. Not sure how much I'll get to catch but hopefully at least the last few fights. I'll rewatch later

PaperTrail07

still 8:50 am for the W coasters-Hugo is WESTSIDE I believe lol.....im up and at em….
    Not much talk for a card that will kick off in about 4 hours. Not sure how much I'll get to catch but hopefully at least the last few fights. I'll rewatch later

bjpenn85

Pretty good card, i like most of the fights. No hugo bets today? Id hoped he would swing by.

PaperTrail07

If he does not post his picks....I may call someone to check on him.....like me he does not miss a card LOL>....Have Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Pretty good card, i like most of the fights. No hugo bets today? Id hoped he would swing by.

bjpenn85

Nice

Teem
    Teem's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Taking KK, JH, Holland, and Perez. Good luck boys!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

chalky but gaethje/barboza fight not going the distance seems like stealing...anything is possible in sports obviously but I see very little chance of this not coming through.

straight bets on gaethje and Mazo tonight

PaperTrail07

I mean now that you mention it.....5 rounds.....somebody folds....
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    chalky but gaethje/barboza fight not going the distance seems like stealing...anything is possible in sports obviously but I see very little chance of this not coming through.

straight bets on gaethje and Mazo tonight

PaperTrail07

solid....he may just starch GM3...elbows TKO while GM3 takedown? lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by Teem View Post
    Taking KK, JH, Holland, and Perez. Good luck boys!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    I mean now that you mention it.....5 rounds.....somebody folds....
    I mean I'm not going out on a limb here but I'd be gobsmacked if this one went the distance...

Shagdogy

Took a quick look at Mazo and was didn't like what I saw at all. Got excited for a second thinking Moroz could be an okay dog play with her UFC experience. Pulled up Hill/Moroz fight to refresh my memory and was like ewwwww no. Both these girls kinda stink. Mazo has the more promise I guess. No bet.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

UFC on ESPN 2: Gaethje vs. Barboza Picks:
    Alex Perez Round 1 Submission (Anaconda Choke)
    Sabina Mazo Unanimous Decision (30-27 x2, 29-28)
    Ray Borg Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Kevin Holland Round 1 Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)
    Enrique Barzola Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
    Desmond Green Unanimous Decision (30-27 x2, 29-28)
    Marina Rodriguez Unanimous Decision (30-27 x3)
    Sodiq Yusuff Round 1 TKO (Punches)
    Kennedy Nzechukwu Round 1 TKO (Punches)
    Karolina Kowalkiewicz Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28 x2)
    Josh Emmett Unanimous Decision (29-28 x3)
    Jack Hermansson Round 2 TKO (Punches)
    Justin Gaethje Round 2 TKO (Punches)

Hugo de Naranja

UFC on ESPN 2: Gaethje vs. Barboza

ESPN+ Prelims:

Fight #1: A. Perez vs. De La Rosa
    A. Perez Submission (+365) .5u

Fight #2: Mazo (DEBUT) vs. Moroz
    Parlays

Fight #3: Borg vs. Kenney (DEBUT)
    Kenney (+215) 1u

ESPN Prelims:

Fight #4: Holland vs. Meerschaert
    Parlays

Fight #5: Barzola vs. K. Aguilar
    Barzola Submission (+1450) .25u

Fight #6: Green vs. Pearson
    No Bet

Fight #7: M. Rodriguez vs. J. Aguilar
    No Bet

Main Card:

Fight #8: Yusuff vs. S. Moraes
    Yusuff (-175) 1.75u to win 1u

Fight #9: Nzechukwu (DEBUT) vs. Craig
    Nzechukwu (-215) 1u to win .47u

Fight #10: Kowalkiewicz vs. Waterson
    Kowalkiewicz (-175) 1.75u to win 1u

Fight #11: Emmett vs. M. Johnson
    No Bet

Fight #12: Hermansson vs. Branch
    No Bet

Fight #13: Gaethje vs. Barboza
    No Bet

Straight Parlays:
    A. Perez/Holland (-101) 1.01u to win 1u
    Mazo/Nzechukwu (+130) 1u

Prop Parlays:
    A. Perez -3.5/Holland (+135) 1u

Full Card Props:
    None

Multi-Event Parlays:

Kowalkiewicz/Pantoja (+108) 1u
    Points Awarded:

spurginobili gave Hugo de Naranja 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

Pretty small card for me but will definitely be adding some bets throughout the night. Let's get it gents.

First 123456 ... Last