JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

"Nessan Dorma".. A true tribute to Aretha Franklin. Who souds the best?

Don't saloon just yet..

Listen people... Aretha hits it about half way thru this vid below..Michael Bolton gets it done but misses the high notes IMO.. Check.. 10 minutes of your life won't kill you with this vid I promise if you like great voices and passionate music....

I got home now and found this video gem on youtube by chance.. Thought to share.. Italian flavor which hits home to me. Saw Aretha funeral on the news all day and thought to start this thread. It's a gem and Aretha is solid!!!

Do yourself a favor though and put in ear plugs or hook up headphones and really listen to the voices!!!!

WHO SOUNDS THE BEST?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-01-18 at 01:56 AM.

MMXVII
    MMXVII's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

Come on man. Pavarotti.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave MMXVII 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by MMXVII View Post
    Come on man. Pavarotti.

~~~~~
    No offense to The Queen of Soul and The Prince of Schlock, But it's
    Amateurs meet the Pro.

Mic drop.
    Thread over.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Sara Brighton at the 1:40 minute catches my ear regardless of the crap back ground music going out on her in the end. 8:35 mark David Phelps caught my attention too..

Asian dude Park is solid too. Aretha also at the end of her skit with those high notes.... VOICES!!! It's a gift in life...

I grew up on Pavarotti and could be bias as he gets my vote but Aretha does get after it at the end of her skit.. Aretha had a gift for sure..

Pavarotti died a few years ago.. He made 71. Could certainly carry a note... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciano_Pavarotti
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-01-18 at 03:43 AM.