dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Mayweather's best strategy to make money

Attention: I am NOT saying Mayweather should take a dive

A lot of people have been saying Mayweather might take a dive or carry CM awhile to make the match seem competitive and he could then do a rematch for some more money.

I would say the best thing he could do is completely embarrass CM, I mean rag doll his head for the whole first round like Silva did to Overeem when he KOd him. If he does this he preserves his legacy, but he also poses the question, maybe he could beat CM in the octagon. So then they can come back with a rematch with MMA rules and there would be a lot of interest. The way I figure it even if Mayweather makes 400 million this fight he's still fighting for free. He owes 200 mill in back taxes and would still owe 200 more mill for 2017 taxes.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 07-11-17 at 09:27 PM.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    A lot of people have been saying Mayweather might take a dive or carry CM awhile to make the match seem competitive and he could then do a rematch for some more money.

I would say the best thing he could do is completely embarrass CM, I mean rag doll his head for the whole first round like Silva did to Overeem when he KOd him. If he does this he preserves his legacy, but he also poses the question, maybe he could beat CM in the octagon. So then they can come back with a rematch with MMA rules and there would be a lot of interest. The way I figure it even if Mayweather makes 400 million this fight he's still fighting for free. He owes 200 mill in back taxes and would still owe 200 more mill for 2017 taxes.
    I'm pretty sure Mayweather don't want to die, he likes to gamble.
    I hope your not serious.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Willy, at this point in Mayweather's career he isn't going to fight unless he knows he will win. No fukin chance the guy is going to take a dive, he didn't work his whole life to be undefeated to lose to a UFC chump. There is about as good of a chance for Mayweather to dive as McGregor to actually win this fight, which is about 0%

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Willy, at this point in Mayweather's career he isn't going to fight unless he knows he will win. No fukin chance the guy is going to take a dive, he didn't work his whole life to be undefeated to lose to a UFC chump. There is about as good of a chance for Mayweather to dive as McGregor to actually win this fight, which is about 0%
    I know, I'm saying he won't take a dive. He should try to obliterate CM this fight to set up another 400 mill fight in the octagon

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No

Mayweather has to throw fight

unde0087
    Did we win?

You won't see Mayweather in an Octagon. He is a boxer and he knows Connor has almost no chance to beat him at his game but also knows the roles are reversed in a cage fight. He is way too proud to even put himself in a position to lose. That is why he ducked Manny for the longest time until Pacman was at the end of his career.
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave unde0087 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dlowilly

I know he doesn't want to get in the octagon. He is in a bad place though. Like I said, he isn' making any money this fight. 200 mill go to taxes for 2015, 200 mill go to 2017 taxes. The only way people would be interested in a rematch is if it's in the octagon. He likes winning but he really likes the money lifestyle

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Mayweather built his career on a "house of cards" once he loses, the demand to see him fight goes away. Vast majority of his viewers want to see someone beat him.

dlowilly

I really don't think you guys are reading past the first sentence

unde0087
    Did we win?

I know he doesn't want to get in the octagon. He is in a bad place though. Like I said, he isn' making any money this fight. 200 mill go to taxes for 2015, 200 mill go to 2017 taxes. The only way people would be interested in a rematch is if it's in the octagon. He likes winning but he really likes the money lifestyle
    Why does he need to fight Connor again? There is always going to be someone else he can fight and the money will still be there even if the fight is another shitty one. I still can't believe people watch this shit to be honest. They have hyped every fight in the last few years and it is always so bad but then the next one comes along and you have people talking about it like it was a Tyson fight. Still he gets hundreds of millions of dollars to dance around the ring.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I think he should put it all on himself in a 1st round KO. Knock him out, pay the taxes, and go down as one of the best. The tax thing is probably overblown like when everyone thought 50 Cent was broke.

He could easily KO him if he wants to.

dlowilly

Why does he need to fight Connor again? There is always going to be someone else he can fight and the money will still be there even if the fight is another shitty one. I still can't believe people watch this shit to be honest. They have hyped every fight in the last few years and it is always so bad but then the next one comes along and you have people talking about it like it was a Tyson fight. Still he gets hundreds of millions of dollars to dance around the ring.
    Disagree that he can still get paid these big paydays he wants with traditional boxing matchups. He kind of burned that bridge with the Pacqiauo fight. Plus he's 40. He can only make the big money with circus attractions from now on.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Disagree that he can still get paid these big paydays he wants with traditional boxing matchups. He kind of burned that bridge with the Pacqiauo fight. Plus he's 40. He can only make the big money with circus attractions from now on.
    Well of course he isn't going to get what he is for this fight but still, he is going to make millions of dollars no matter who he fights.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

hes never worked , been gave everything in his life ...pos

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Why the fk are we talking about this guy's taxes and how much he "owes". Because you read it on the Internet???
    Fk his taxes, he wants to make as much money as possible.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Could be a ploy to motivate that type thinking, lure some bets on ole boy. Prob doesnt have a tax problem in reality.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

The line though tripping me out. If something's fish line movement should tell story.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pound MAc

It is rigged

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pound MAc

It is rigged
    Starting to agree coach. If I knew 100% this was on the up and up, I'd prob go all in on Mayweather. Just can't get myself to believe it is.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

Mayweather owes 22 million, not 200 million.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

I have been hearing that if Mayweather takes a dive it sets up an even bigger fight. I have heard this for ten years now on this site and the meatheads are back again. Conor is in a no win situation with the meatheads. If he gives a good showing it is because Mayweather let him. If he gets steamrolled the meatheads will say they knew it. If Conor somehow catches him and knocks him out and Mayweather eyes roll to the back of his head, it will be because he took a dive. Listen couch commanders why not just enjoy the fight and if you wanna state that u won't pay or watch the fight, nobody cares.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

I would say the best thing he could do is completely embarrass CM, I mean rag doll his head for the whole first round like Silva did to Overeem when he KOd him. If he does this he preserves his legacy, but he also poses the question, maybe he could beat CM in the octagon.
    There's no way Floyd beats Conor in anything MMA.

Floyd would need to train MMA for years before he had anything resembling a chance.

CM Punk has a better chance of beating Conor in MMA than Floyd does.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11818

No way he takes a dive. Hes going for marcianos(49-0) record.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    hes never worked , been gave everything in his life ...pos
    So all of the hours spent killing himself in the gym isn't work? He is a professional boxer. Long hours in the gym training are what you do to be the greatest.

You are a dumbass.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    There's no way Floyd beats Conor in anything MMA.

Floyd would need to train MMA for years before he had anything resembling a chance.

CM Punk has a better chance of beating Conor in MMA than Floyd does.
    Yeah I agree, but if he lit CM up in the first minute of round one and put him to sleep, there would be a lot of interest in a rematch in the octagon is what Im saying

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Yeah I agree, but if he lit CM up in the first minute of round one and put him to sleep, there would be a lot of interest in a rematch in the octagon is what Im saying
    I think Floyd cares more about his undefeated record & his boxing legacy than he does money.

Chael Sonnen coming out of nowhere to dominate Anderson Silva for 5 rounds setup the rematch to be huge. If Conor did something similar there could be a lot of buzz for a 2nd fight.

Floyd always works extremely hard to defend his record and legacy. He avoided Manny Pacquiao until he was confident he could beat him. He stacks a ridiculous number of stipulations on all of his fights to guarantee he wins. Winning seems to be everything to him.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Could be a ploy to motivate that type thinking, lure some bets on ole boy. Prob doesnt have a tax problem in reality.
    He is for sure trying to get a better price for himself as well as sell the PPV- whether the tax thingy is a ruse or not who knows, but I wouldn't put it past him.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    I think Floyd cares more about his undefeated record & his boxing legacy than he does money.

Chael Sonnen coming out of nowhere to dominate Anderson Silva for 5 rounds setup the rematch to be huge. If Conor did something similar there could be a lot of buzz for a 2nd fight.

Floyd always works extremely hard to defend his record and legacy. He avoided Manny Pacquiao until he was confident he could beat him. He stacks a ridiculous number of stipulations on all of his fights to guarantee he wins. Winning seems to be everything to him.
    I understand that but an MMA match wouldn't affect his boxing record

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    He is for sure trying to get a better price for himself as well as sell the PPV- whether the tax thingy is a ruse or not who knows, but I wouldn't put it past him.
    You guys are giving him way too much credit.

He paid 16% APR on a loan for a 500k car then stopped making payments on it, got it repossessed, and got his ass sued. Plus it takes him 30 minutes to read Cat in the Hat

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

You guys are giving him way too much credit.

He paid 16% APR on a loan for a 500k car then stopped making payments on it, got it repossessed, and got his ass sued. Plus it takes him 30 minutes to read Cat in the Hat
    I don't think he's particularly smart or crafty, but who knows what kind of schemes these guys cook up behind closed doors.

He was at Staples Center yesterday bitching about the 7-1 odds saying that CM had a better chance than that. That to me says sell PPV and get a better price on myself, both of which will help make him more money.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Attention: I am NOT saying Mayweather should take a dive

Brilliant post. I would pay for that - basically to see Mayweather get the crap beat out of him. He would easily be a +300 dog with pure MMA rules.

As great of an idea as it is I think Floyd has a couple of semi real fights left after winning this one 12 rounds to 0 in a snoozer.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

I don't think it's ever been more obvious that Mayweather will lose this fight. He needs cash, plain and simple. Unless his strategy is to bet on himself and simply outlast McGregor for the win then his best move will be to take a dive. There's no way that I'd lay a penny on Mayweather.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3038

Why the fukk do you think he owes $200 million for '15 and '17?

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    Why the fukk do you think he owes $200 million for '15 and '17?
    If he makes 400 mill on this fight he'll owe 200 mill in taxes for the year. Paying what you owe from previous years doesn't reduce your tax liability for the current year.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3038

I read he owes $22 million from '15, not $200. Where did you get the numbers?

12 Last