Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    If sbr wants to create heads up tables then that's fine. There were no other hold em games going. I didn't break any rules. The issue wasn't that I inserted myself where I was unwanted, it was mainly Orange didn't like how much I sat with, so the whole "it was a heads up match and you were interrupting" is nonsense. Later Orange was sitting alone with his 11k stack and refused to play me when I bought in for 400. Still refused at 799. I increased to the max of 2000 and he sat back in (and I left). It's all about bitching about buy in size, not interrupting a heads up match. If you always do things according to what other people want you to do (especially in poker) then good luck, you'll need it.
    Buy-in size is a separate issue, and not one I consider particularly important...although there's no such thing as 'bullying' short stacks; the whole point of playing short is that you're not deep enough for anyone to bully you, and you get equity when bigger stacks make moves on each other. The issue of trying to insert yourself into a game where you're not wanted remains meaningful...not doing what your opponent wants within a game isn't the same as interrupting them when they wish to play somebody else, regardless of whether software allows you to do so or not.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Buy-in size is a separate issue, and not one I consider particularly important...although there's no such thing as 'bullying' short stacks; the whole point of playing short is that you're not deep enough for anyone to bully you, and you get equity when bigger stacks make moves on each other. The issue of trying to insert yourself into a game where you're not wanted remains meaningful...not doing what your opponent wants within a game isn't the same as interrupting them when they wish to play somebody else, regardless of whether software allows you to do so or not.
    Ur a smart guy 3d, but it seems you r willfully ignoring the important point. It wasn't that they didn't want me there, it's that mostly Orange (and to an extent Rudy when Orange bitched about it) wanted me to buy in for more. You keep repeating a narrative of them wanting heads up privacy that is non existent. I mean, that's the title of this thread, "if u complain about what people buy in for" not "if u complain about people jumping in a heads up game"
    Last edited by dlowilly; 06-25-17 at 03:49 PM.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Ur a smart guy 3d, but it seems you r willfully ignoring the important point. It wasn't that they didn't want me there, it's that mostly Orange (and to an extent Rudy when Orange bitched about it) wanted me to buy in for more. You keep repeating a narrative of them wanting heads up privacy that is non existent. I mean, that's the title of this thread, "if u complain about what people buy in for" not "if u complain about people jumping in a heads up game"
    I'll give you that; not being there, I can't really say what the mixture of motivations was. BigO certainly doesn't like shortstacks in general as a standalone issue. I think there's still something to be said for respecting the wishes of guys who don't want to play with you, regardless of what their specific reasons may be. I don't know the exact details and I'm not overly concerned, fairly minor breach of etiquette at worst in my opinion...just my two cents from the perspective of the few times I've been in a similar situation over the years.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    I think there's still something to be said for respecting the wishes of guys who don't want to play with you, regardless of what their specific reasons may be.
    What about the jackasses who interrupt my flipping game?

Funny how you don't consider that wrong, you can't have it both ways Tripe.

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    What about the jackasses who interrupt my flipping game?

Funny how you don't consider that wrong, you can't have it both ways Tripe.
    That would be a bit rude as well, although there are several factors that make it less so:

-you're trying to flip to circumvent the spirit of poker rollover given by SBR. Even though they tolerate it, it's pretty blatantly not the goal of rollovers and keeps the poker tables dead.

-you're the forums biggest stiff, who has gone back on his word to the tune of a bigger amount than anyone in SBR history. As far as on-forum behavior goes, stiffs like you don't deserve any of the respect afforded decent members of the community

-last but certainly not least, you're a very unlikable guy, mainly to your blatant hypocrisy, superior attitude (especially without any basis for it) and all-around idiocy.

You've essentially got "Kick Me" tattooed on your back, but you're not smart enough to be able to read it and are trying to pretend it says "World's Biggest Badass" or something...no wonder otherwise courteous people feel the desire to kick ya, especially when all it takes is pointing out reality

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26319

They should create heads up tables, that will solve many problems argued in this topic.
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave Enkhbat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

First 12