maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lazy and stupid Americans

This country is so pucked up. I need a front brake job for my car...took the car to the shop for a free estimate and the retards asked $800 for parts and labor.

Got the parts myself for $150 and put an add on Craigslist to find a guy to do the job for $50 cash...it takes less then an hour . What I got was a bunch of puckin idiots "willing to try to do it for $50", "not today", "maybe it will cost more"...UNREAL!

I will borrow an impact gun from a friend and do the job myself even if this will take me 4-5 hours cause I never did it before. 20% real unemployment and people act like you are an azzhole if you dare to suggest "only $50" for one hour job...including me driving to their place.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Lazy?? I would of done it myself In the first place

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Quote Originally Posted by maersksealand View Post
    This country is so pucked up. I need a front brake job for my car...took the car to the shop for a free estimate and the retards asked $800 for parts and labor.

Got the parts myself for $150 and put an add on Craigslist to find a guy to do the job for $50 cash...it takes less then an hour . What I got was a bunch of puckin idiots "willing to try to do it for $50", "not today", "maybe it will cost more"...UNREAL!

I will borrow an impact gun from a friend and do the job myself even if this will take me 4-5 hours cause I never did it before. 20% real unemployment and people act like you are an azzhole if you dare to suggest "only $50" for one hour job...including me driving to their place.
    Brakes are the BIGGEST RIPOFF in the car business.Do yourself a favor,pay someone 100 to do it right and video tape them doing it.Refer to the tape next time before hand and you got it.Also, do not know why the parts were 150.Brakes are usually about 50 bucks for 2 wheels.( a set of 4). Don't tell me they said you need new rotors also.That is a joke.Scam city.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I love how this Guy calls Americans lazy. Do it yourself. You come off as cheap, lazy and uneducated in this thread.

Sorry, that's not Americas fault.

Here's an idea....go to another country and ask someone to do you favors on the cheap. Fuk...guys like THIS are the problem with America.
    Last edited by WvGambler; 02-05-11 at 03:55 PM.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

whats with all the america bashing threads . this one and another one started by some guy i never heard of. wtf ??

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfman14 View Post
    whats with all the america bashing threads . this one and another one started by some guy i never heard of. wtf ??
    Whilst this maybe an american site its part of a larger global community and i wouldnt doubt if americans actually represented the minority % of accounts at SBR such is the reach of the internet...Gotta take the good with the bad wulfy...GL

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Move to North Korea you fuk...and see how much a brake job costs you there
    Points Awarded:

C-Gold gave Dirty Sanchez 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

It probably would cost most people $50 in gas just to drive over.

But seriously you don't want ANY bum of the street touching your brakes and most people shoulden't be doing them since they pretty much suck at majority of things in life.

Either way, mechanics will rip you off in every way if you don't know who to go to, who to deal with.

Was this just for the pads or rotors/pads/etc?

dizzy_7
    dizzy_7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Brakes are what is between you and a car crash... Dont cheap out on that shit!!!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i vote you dont fix the brakes at all.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: WvGambler

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

America is still the best thing going, learn to love it pal.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

You can probably google and find a repair manual for the car and do it your self

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    i vote you dont fix the brakes at all.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8489

In Kazakhstan's it would cost you one goat or 24 chickens or one night with your sister

maersksealand

great...I had it done for $60, the guy is a mechanic and did it after work, I paid him an extra $10 because it was cold. Not easy to find a good worker in US, everybody want to score a home run anytime you offer them a job... Well, for the losers refusing the job I have to say "enjoy your puckin' unemployment check and food stamps", glad I paid a guy who deserved it.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

$800 to replace the pads is way out of line.

maersksealand

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    You can probably google and find a repair manual for the car and do it your self

don't have the right tools, is cold. I change my oil and do other small repairs...but I was not in the mood to spend 1 hour just looking for the right tools.

maersksealand

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    $800 to replace the pads is way out of line.

no..they said rotors, calipers and pads and some other shiat not related to the brakes...saying something about liability....

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

I wouldnt drive to fast for the first week or so. You might not be able to stop when needed.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

gotta agree. Everyone whining that there arent any jobs yet the Mexicans come here and find 2 jobs each. Yeah I know Mexicans mostly work minimum wage $8 an hour jobs, but if you are on gov't handouts you should be happy to take $8 an hour

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

shut the puck up.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I'm not the best problem solver, but why wouldn't you check with an additional shop or two before resorting to Craigslist?

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

no..they said rotors, calipers and pads and some other shiat not related to the brakes...saying something about liability....
    Calipers too. You better cough up the cash. Cheap foreigners should go back to horse and buggies.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Just get a repair manual and learn to do it yourself! Brakes jobs are easy and there a tons of how videos out there! Stop talk'in shit about America, if you don't even know about a basic auto maintenance, you deserve to get ripped off. You can always drive down the road and find a shop that won't rip you off!

masr
    masr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5933

If he were back in the country he came from, he wouldnt even have a car

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12843

Breaks are easy, takes no more then 15 minutes a wheel, $800? What shop was this? And wtf were they throwing on there gold plated pads.

maersksealand

Quote Originally Posted by masr View Post
    If he were back in the country he came from, he wouldnt even have a car
    why I would have a car in a city where everything is in walking distance or I can take the bus? Let the puckin' idiots to pay exorbitant taxes and over $7 a gallon...I'm not that stupid.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Like car mechanics in Russia or Mexico don't try and rip people off.

I'm guessing their normal rate is probably $100.00, but they sniffed you out for the bitter ungrateful foreigner you are and decided to get some pay back. Karma's a bitch ain't it?

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

maersksealand,
    Get the brake job done by someone who has no clue what they are doing and then go drive your car down a really steep hill.

America most certainly has problems and its because there are too many people like you living here.

America will always be great, the problem is people like YOU.

craig4nr
    craig4nr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 202

"Americans are lazy. They won't do the work I am too lazy to do myself for a low price." Unbelievable.

craig4nr
    craig4nr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 202

why I would have a car in a city where everything is in walking distance or I can take the bus? Let the puckin' idiots to pay exorbitant taxes and over $7 a gallon...I'm not that stupid.
    Actually I agree with you here. That's what I do here. Live in a walkable city and take the bus/train. If I need to take a cab once in a great while, I still come out paying less than all my friends who spent hundreds on their cars every month.

maersksealand

Quote Originally Posted by craig4nr View Post
    Actually I agree with you here. That's what I do here. Live in a walkable city and take the bus/train. If I need to take a cab once in a great while, I still come out paying less than all my friends who spent hundreds on their cars every month.
    well...you need a car when you are obese and the nearest McDonald's is 2 miles away...American lifestyle baby!

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Grow a work ethic ad stop bitching. My fuel pump broke, you know what I did? I disconnected all fuel lines, removed the fuel tank, changed the fuel pump, then re-assembled. Didn't have the tools, but went to the local auto store and bought them for $35. Took 2 days, but I didn't blame American's for wanting to make some money for their work.

maersksealand

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post
    Grow a work ethic ad stop bitching. My fuel pump broke, you know what I did? I disconnected all fuel lines, removed the fuel tank, changed the fuel pump, then re-assembled. Didn't have the tools, but went to the local auto store and bought them for $35. Took 2 days, but I didn't blame American's for wanting to make some money for their work.
    I rather pay a fair price and have somebody else doing it.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

As a Latino I would've done it for a 12 pack...

12 Last