Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

I wouldn't buy a scale just to check the stuff, personally. A decent Ohaus triple beam with accuracy to .1 grams has to be at least $200 now . A jeweler would probably weigh your 10 pieces for a $10 fee ( total) on a scale that is way way better than my old ohaus 3 beamer from the 80's. I just used it to weigh pot mainly , when I dealt as like 7.1 grams is a quarter ounce of weed. It wasn't accurate enough to cut out cocaine to quarter grams, but better than eyeballing it ! I didn't do much cocaine sales.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I wouldn't buy a scale just to check the stuff, personally. A decent Ohaus triple beam with accuracy to .1 grams has to be at least $200 now . A jeweler would probably weigh your 10 pieces for a $10 fee ( total) on a scale that is way way better than my old ohaus 3 beamer from the 80's. I just used it to weigh pot mainly , when I dealt as like 7.1 grams is a quarter ounce of weed. It wasn't accurate enough to cut out cocaine to quarter grams, but better than eyeballing it ! I didn't do much cocaine sales.
    Doug....Are you going to the Bash in August. I think we'll get along

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

yes, don't go buy some sick scale for a few hundred to weigh this stuff up. A gun shop, coin dealer, jeweler, etc should have a triple beam accurate to .1 grams and do it for you, or let you use it yourself. that'
    s real old school with the old ohaus 3 beam scaleweighing 10 pieces isn't a crazy request. You can get it done for free, record ( observe) the data as it is done at various places where you offer to sell the 10 items.

I quit this post, sorry for it not making sense reading.... I've been drinking.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Professional precious metals dealers weigh gold in DWT (Pennyweight) only, 20 DWT = 1 troy ounce, 1 gram = .643 DWT.

When you're ready to sell your gold pieces, let me know and I will give you the highest quote you should be getting that day. Avoid jewelry shops because they are the biggest crooks and cheapest bastards known to men.

pepper60000
    pepper60000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sell it through a broker if you have to. If you have actual gold then I guess a dealer is the best bet.
    Next time buy gold bullion certs. Same thing as gold but electronic form.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33110

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I've heard good things about this place....

http://midwestrefineries.com/

but have not used them personally. I have a local coin dealer that I use for stuff like this, I've known him for years and he pays honest prices.
    I used this place last year and they were great

gofer5
    gofer5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pawn Shops = ripoff I avoid them like the plague.

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    Professional precious metals dealers weigh gold in DWT (Pennyweight) only, 20 DWT = 1 troy ounce, 1 gram = .643 DWT.

When you're ready to sell your gold pieces, let me know and I will give you the highest quote you should be getting that day. Avoid jewelry shops because they are the biggest crooks and cheapest bastards known to men.

Pronk is right on, with gold at $1349, our shop would offer $43.50/DWT...from what my customers tell us, we are one of the higher payout shops.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Cant sell JJ, he's priceless.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Like anything else when it comes to selling ,do your due diligence or get screwed.

First 12