Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

never even saw Dick ! Can you link a Youtube video ?

Maverick11
    Maverick11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1109

Sad to see Dick Clark....He is trying though....gotta give him credit for trying. Hope everyone has a prosporous new year

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    man i hate that dick clarke mother rooster_eater. he bought all the rights to TV broadcasting paintball and then intentionally sat on them rather than invest money into it...WTF is up with that...for like 5 years paintball couldn't even think about being on TV as he owned the pro league rights to broadcast...

they tried to film the shit and ****** it all up...had no concept of what was going on the field. It was terrible. set the sport back a decade at least.
    I don't know how Dick Clark relates to paintball, but I suspect he isn't a saint. I know nothing about paintball pro broadcasting rights....but I'll take a guy seriously when he has close to 5,000 posts.

To me DC is a virtual nobody.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

DC should host it as long as he is able, no question.

Quote Originally Posted by purecarnagge View Post
    man i hate that dick clarke mother rooster_eater. he bought all the rights to TV broadcasting paintball and then intentionally sat on them rather than invest money into it...WTF is up with that...for like 5 years paintball couldn't even think about being on TV as he owned the pro league rights to broadcast...they tried to film the shit and ****** it all up...had no concept of what was going on the field. It was terrible. set the sport back a decade at least.
    Televised Pro Paintball ?!? WTF is that, all the psychos who cant enlist due to mental instability?

If I were a police chief and heard a bunch of "professional paintballers" were around I would doublecheck all the outstanding unsolved serial murders against that bunch

GELATINOUS CUBE
    SBR's 94.4% handicapper
    GELATINOUS CUBE's Avatar Become A Pro!

I take it he's gotten old.

It happens to some people...

exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

Clark is well known in the LA area for not doing ANYTHING unless he's paid. I have some relatives who danced regularly on AB in the 60's, and Clark knows them by name, so their kids thought it might be cool to have a birthday card signed by him. The response? For $500, Mr Clark would be delighted to send an autographed card

Doug

The guy sounds like an 80 year old Simon Cowell to me.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by exstatman View Post
    Clark is well known in the LA area for not doing ANYTHING unless he's paid. I have some relatives who danced regularly on AB in the 60's, and Clark knows them by name, so their kids thought it might be cool to have a birthday card signed by him. The response? For $500, Mr Clark would be delighted to send an autographed card
    My boss at the time invited him to his 25th wedding anniversary party because he used to be quite the big-time agent and they've done business together for years. Dick wanted my boss to send a car to his house to get him and sent a list of 'requirements' in order for him to attend. Oh and he also sent a schedule of how and when he wanted his entrance and exit to go.

My boss was so pissed off he had one of our assistants personally hand deliver Dick a bus schedule and 4 rolls of pennies for bus fare.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

George Allen gets bucket of Gatorade dumped on him after coaching game in cold weather and dies a few weeks later.Dick Clark attends big apple dropping at Times Square on New Years eve and 1 snow flake drops on him and he would die a few weeks later.I have a hunch though that no matter how god awful his condition is,the home he's at had to give him happy juice for the last few weeks to make him forget new years was almost here.They probably had to put him in a straight jacket yesterday.

Then his face would have froze from having smeared Gerber Blueberry Cobbler all over it.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 01-01-11 at 06:56 AM.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

if you can find a way to get into a death pool. take dick clark. i have never seen anything on tv as bad as the decision to put him on his new years eve show. it was worse than the lebron decison show by far. that executive shirt should be fired for exposing this Legends condition on national tv.

Bulldog-53
    Bulldog-53's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dick Clark. Legend.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Was that the real Dick Clark, or a robot?

First 12