Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Would You Consider Yourself A Handyman?

Why or why not?

How do you become one? By teaching yourself? I’m talking about the basics.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Why or why not?

How do you become one? By teaching yourself? I’m talking about the basics.
    YouTube bruh stay woke.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    YouTube bruh stay woke.
    Who to follow?

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Who to follow?
    Everybody.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Wanna become handy in life. How to on youtube videos, type it in!! Just that simple.

Watch and learn and you can fix anything mechanical in life. From Cars, computers to washing machines you name it.. Home improvements also..

Youtube fix it videos are a gem!!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Yes. I grew up watching bob vila.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Yes. I grew up watching bob vila.
    And you still struggle hammering a nail through wood.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2146

I might consider this...

Saloon this shit!!!

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

I think most of this is trying to apply yourself and you learn more little tricks as you keep fixing things. I can fix anything and I like to build things too. I built a bunch of wooden trellises last summer. I built a dirt/soil sifter on Sunday. I think once you start doing things, it should come natural. Most people have this in them, but they don't give themselves a chance. I wrench on my bimmer all the time. Replaced radiator few summers ago. Working on window regulator right now. I guess my advice is.........don't rush, take your time, think things out, and give yourself a chance. The worse thing you can do usually is not be able to fix it and you call someone.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I think most of this is trying to apply yourself and you learn more little tricks as you keep fixing things. I can fix anything and I like to build things too. I built a bunch of wooden trellises last summer. I built a dirt/soil sifter on Sunday. I think once you start doing things, it should come natural. Most people have this in them, but they don't give themselves a chance. I wrench on my bimmer all the time. Replaced radiator few summers ago. Working on window regulator right now. I guess my advice is.........don't rush, take your time, think things out, and give yourself a chance. The worse thing you can do usually is not be able to fix it and you call someone.
    And saloon this.......common man.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i can replace a lightbulb so watch out

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

I own a full gamut of tools but I am a bit of a hack when it comes to using them. I'm lucky I haven't sawed a finger off yet.

BeatTheJerk

Seaweed I think you would be naturally gifted at fixing a freezer.
    Last edited by BeatTheJerk; 04-27-21 at 09:33 AM.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

The first house I owned was 113 years old. Within the first 5 years I was pretty handy after fixing plumbing, electric and a whole plethora of other things.

Youtube videos are very helpful.

These days I just pay the pros for hard or complicated stuff. That stuff can turn into a week long nightmare really quick if you don't know what you're doing.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Not to sound elitist, but my time is too valuable to waste on most of that crap. I pay professionals when needed. I can afford it. Plus, I just get frustrated and aggravated too easily. Not worth it. Life's too short. Gotta know when to delegate. Same for snow plow, landscaping, etc. I have better uses for my time (not that posting at SBR is one of them).

BeatTheJerk

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Not to sound elitist, but my time is too valuable to waste on most of that crap. I pay professionals when needed. I can afford it. Plus, I just get frustrated and aggravated too easily. Not worth it. Life's too short. Gotta know when to delegate. Same for snow plow, landscaping, etc. I have better uses for my time (not that posting at SBR is one of them).

pologq

same with the aggravation and frustration. little patience here when it comes to things not flowing smoothly.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I’m sort of the same but I like to take a hack at things where I can. I’ve had too many things ****** up by other people. Recently had my car for a diagnosis because some things weren’t getting power and they said I needed to replace the computer and it was going to cost a few k. I did a quick Google and read it’s really rare for a computer to go in my car and it was probably a relay fuse. I took the car back and it was just a fuse. Cost me less than $3 and 5 minutes to fix.

How much you want to bet they would have replaced the computer. Then realized they were wrong and replaced the fuse. And never tell me and still charge me 3k.

These guys aren’t scholars in these industries. It’s a little too much to call them “professionals”. Most of them do this shit because they couldn’t hack it and get an office job.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 886

Totally agree.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    I’m sort of the same but I like to take a hack at things where I can. I’ve had too many things ****** up by other people. Recently had my car for a diagnosis because some things weren’t getting power and they said I needed to replace the computer and it was going to cost a few k. I did a quick Google and read it’s really rare for a computer to go in my car and it was probably a relay fuse. I took the car back and it was just a fuse. Cost me less than $3 and 5 minutes to fix.

How much you want to bet they would have replaced the computer. Then realized they were wrong and replaced the fuse. And never tell me and still charge me 3k.

These guys aren’t scholars in these industries. It’s a little too much to call them “professionals”. Most of them do this shit because they couldn’t hack it and get an office job.

Great post dude. You are sooooo right. My bimmer's cruise control and traction stopped working. I took it to a dealership. They checked it out and told me I would need a new DSC module. The module is like 5k. I looked into this more. It was a freaking wheel sensor (2 of them) that were bad. I changed the wheel/speed sensors and it was all back to normal. Do you believe it? 100 bucks compared to 5k, and this is a dealership mechanic. WTF man?

I saved lots of money there. Even though I didn't lose money, I was freaking pissed off. Did they or did they not know it was the sensors? Either way, I was angry.

This is a reason to check twice, or check things 100 times before spending money to fix something. People also want to make money off of people in a situation like that. So, they will just tell them that figuring they will pay. I lost my trust with that dealer after that. Just rather fix everything on my own now.

Like you've probably heard before, EVERYTHING IS A RACKET. MECHANIC SHOPS ARE NO DIFFERENT.
    Last edited by hehfest; 04-27-21 at 03:54 PM.

HockeyRocks
    HockeyRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6014

Don't buy cheap shyte, then no fixing needed. And don't buy Warranties

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6225

Lol remember those old blue movies when the handy man always use to get the hot slutty lady

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    It's starts with MADE IN CHINA!! Cheap garbage.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRocks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

It's starts with MADE IN CHINA!! Cheap garbage.
    Yep... even the good sh#$ is cheap. To say buy the best and you'll never have to fix it.... very ignorant.

Seaweed
    Update your status

I love landscaping

Take pride in it

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Great post dude. You are sooooo right. My bimmer's cruise control and traction stopped working. I took it to a dealership. They checked it out and told me I would need a new DSC module. The module is like 5k. I looked into this more. It was a freaking wheel sensor (2 of them) that were bad. I changed the wheel/speed sensors and it was all back to normal. Do you believe it? 100 bucks compared to 5k, and this is a dealership mechanic. WTF man?

I saved lots of money there. Even though I didn't lose money, I was freaking pissed off. Did they or did they not know it was the sensors? Either way, I was angry.

This is a reason to check twice, or check things 100 times before spending money to fix something. People also want to make money off of people in a situation like that. So, they will just tell them that figuring they will pay. I lost my trust with that dealer after that. Just rather fix everything on my own now.

Like you've probably heard before, EVERYTHING IS A RACKET. MECHANIC SHOPS ARE NO DIFFERENT.
    Nice catch. I actually had the same issue and replaced the speed sensors. Never done it before but wasn’t that hard of a job. They went bad after a mechanic was in there replacing my axle. It looked like he didn’t put the wires back in the clips after taking it apart to replace the axle because the issue started almost immediately after and it looked like they had been beating against my tire and they weren’t in the clips. The best part ... he put the wrong sized axle in and I had to re do that job myself also. It’s crazy how much people pay for mechanics mistakes. You basically pay them and they do something wrong or break something else and then have to pay them again to repair their own mistake. It really is a racket. It’s good to be educated about your car so you don’t get hosed as much.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Nice catch. I actually had the same issue and replaced the speed sensors. Never done it before but wasn’t that hard of a job. They went bad after a mechanic was in there replacing my axle. It looked like he didn’t put the wires back in the clips after taking it apart to replace the axle because the issue started almost immediately after and it looked like they had been beating against my tire and they weren’t in the clips. The best part ... he put the wrong sized axle in and I had to re do that job myself also. It’s crazy how much people pay for mechanics mistakes. You basically pay them and they do something wrong or break something else and then have to pay them again to repair their own mistake. It really is a racket. It’s good to be educated about your car so you don’t get hosed as much.
    Pharaoh, couple things pal.

1. Why haven't you answered my question in the kill yourself thread yet?

2. Why haven't you joined the MLB crack the bat contest yet I think there's still time we still got like 5 months left.

That is all.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Here you go Weed listen to the above song by the Boss: "Jack of all Trades"

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

couple hos on line that needed some d behind their husband's back used that excuse to have me around.....

worked well enough til he came home at noon and my 645 was parked on his driveway, no tool belt, and no work being done, only him expressing disbelief and being too much of a pussy to even try and beat my ass.....

the other one, I actually had to fix her f'n dryer after she started melting down when I attempted to pull the ol "hit n run" and started to bounce after pumping her full of hate paste..... started saying shit like "he'll know, he'll suspect it if it doesn't get done", etc. etc.,....

next thing you know I'm standing in line at Home Depot smelling like her rather pungent pussy asking some guy what f'n dryer drum belt I need.... at least she blew me for a second nut after I fixed the f'n thing.....
    Points Awarded:

pologq gave Auto Donk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    couple hos on line that needed some d behind their husband's back used that excuse to have me around.....

worked well enough til he came home at noon and my 645 was parked on his driveway, no tool belt, and no work being done, only him expressing disbelief and being too much of a pussy to even try and beat my ass.....

the other one, I actually had to fix her f'n dryer after she started melting down when I attempted to pull the ol "hit n run" and started to bounce after pumping her full of hate paste..... started saying shit like "he'll know, he'll suspect it if it doesn't get done", etc. etc.,....

next thing you know I'm standing in line at Home Depot smelling like her rather pungent pussy asking some guy what f'n dryer drum belt I need.... at least she blew me for a second nut after I fixed the f'n thing.....
    this is classic....hate paste......the alliteration with "pungent pussy"