After I watched an old cartoon movie called Fritz the Cat on Amazon Prime, I got some new suggestions. I already watch a lot of comedy - old and new - but since I rarely ever subscribed to Showtime(maybe once in past 10 years for a trial) I guess i haven't ever watched this old series before - or at least I don't remember.

On Prime search for Comedy Dynamics Full Frontal Comedy. You have to put the comedy dynamics in there somewhere, or at least scroll to in results to find that one - it's the only one included free with Prime. The other results will want you to rent or buy.

Says it's 2 seasons, 19 episodes. But 1st is only a few episodes, 2nd "season" has the rest of them.

It's a half hour, and various comics get introduced and perform about 5 minute sets.

Dom Irrera hosts, plus does little skits in between the comics performing.

I recommend season 2, episode 1 - Dom has this reoccurring skit where he's dressed in Roman era garb, and is called Domincus(?) the World's First Stand-up, and it'll say 200 AD.

But what's funny to me is a young Joe Rogan hanging out in background of the scene in a toga and with topless models. Rogan also performs at end on Season 2, episode 1.

It originally aired in 96-97, but not sure when it was originally filmed. I say that because Joe would've been doing NewsRadio and being on network tv and probably earning a decent paycheck - heck I remember years ago hearing him say on his podcast about how he was really into one of those first-person shooter games on computer(maybe Quake, or Doom) in his NewsRadio days, and how he had a T1 line custom ran to his home at the time out in the canyon, just so he could play online video games with his computer. So with that said - I just find it funny that he was able to do this Showtime Comedy Show with naked women, and NBC didn't care.
Obviously he should be allowed to do what he wanted. I've just heard all sorts of stories from celebs over the years about this or that restriction put on them by a network or a studio for insurance reasons or whatever.

OK, little off track.

Just check it out. Some of the material doesn't hold up, but some still is relevant today.

I will say it's funny, yet sorta nauseating, how many times over the years that comedians mention how much people are offended and how they can't joke about anything anymore. I've heard comedians in the 70's say it, the 80's, the 90's, the 00's, the teens, and even into the 20's I'll still hear comedians bring up how people are so "offended" and how they can't joke about this or that.
Apparently you can joke about ANYTHING, you just have to have an angle that makes it funny. There's a fine line to navigate between witty/funny or shock-humor/hacky.

I'm only 5 episodes in, but the reoccurring theme of jokes so far are - Clinton/Perot/Dole(must've been filmed during election season), Dong knobbin'(aka BJ), and midgets. Those 3 topics have been repeated by quite a few comics.