dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Can someone tell me more about the BARBARY SLAVE TRADE?

I guess I'm confused from all these protests over systemic mistreatment, racism, and white privilege by those of European heritage. I'm assuming it's fiction or else we would have heard more about it, right?

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

A lot of white slaves captured there.

Jefferson went to war over it, itself being referenced in the Marines anthem.

Basically German/ Austrian colonies in Africa sold slaves to distributors to bring to the EUROPEAN COLONIES of North America and West Indies.

Those distributors themselves were then kidnapped and forced into white slavery aboard pirate ships.

The slaves sold off in the caribbean or SE USA, thou importation of slaves was not profitable by the early 19th century.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

A good read: Jefferson and the Barbary Coast Pirates.
    A factual story about how the new nation of the USA fought pirates to ensure economic survival.
    No slavery references though.
    Brave Americans fighting for their country for the first time after the revolution.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

shiver me fukkin' timbers.........

I demand 31 trillion in repar-fukkin-ations.........
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jackbo

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    A lot of white slaves captured there.

Jefferson went to war over it, itself being referenced in the Marines anthem.

Basically German/ Austrian colonies in Africa sold slaves to distributors to bring to the EUROPEAN COLONIES of North America and West Indies.

Those distributors themselves were then kidnapped and forced into white slavery aboard pirate ships.

The slaves sold off in the caribbean or SE USA, thou importation of slaves was not profitable by the early 19th century.
    I wonder what the market brought for whites vs blacks?

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    I wonder what the market brought for whites vs blacks?
    No market

Whites were forced labor aboard pirate ships.

Don't work = bullet in the head/ tossed overboard. No pussy, shitty food, stinky conditions and 0 hope.

BrickJames
    Action

No market

Whites were forced labor aboard pirate ships.

Don't work = bullet in the head/ tossed overboard. No pussy, shitty food, stinky conditions and 0 hope.
    Sounds like they should be paying us reparations!

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Sounds like they should be paying us reparations!
    LOL

Used to trade sex for rents in my apartment complex in Arcadia. Had a couple cute black gals in there.

One was helping her daughter with civics / social studies and it was about Jefferson and the Louisiana Purchase and his presidency.

Being a political science major I couldn't help but dive into the complicated history of Jefferson's Presidency....trying to get congress to agree to pay for land they'd just rather take, or to get congress to declare war on the pirates for stealing our exports to Europe.

The young daughter asked if the boats that brought the stuff we made just came back empty....that was probably the most uncomfortable anyone in that room will ever have been, yet real teaching moment.

To explain to a 11 year the history there was difficult, however, not even the mother knew there was white slavery, kidnapping, pirating nor the meaning of "the shores of Tripoli", etc or any of that history. That is why we don't tear down statues, rename bases, change fight songs, edit art or alter written historical perspective.

That young daughter has a true basis for understanding the history of slavery, poverty, war and law in Colonial America and what the right to self determination actually means. Today, she's a sophomore straight A student AND LOVES history! She did BLM or a 24 hour news cycle, she wasn't coerced or misguided or brainwashed....she was simply given a 30 minute, real simple, lecture and shown pictures of Jefferson, the fight song, where N Africa is and references to pirates and kidnapping. The daughter doesn't view herself as a victim, even thou she is in a very poor family situation. I still help her w topics now and again because she loves going up against the HS teachers revisionist history point of view.

The mom still looks great, but fukks for help w rent. What a difference understanding history can make in ones life....we learn history in many different ways, not everyone can read it, some must see it, feel it, or experience it.

Leave the statues, parks, bases, towns and flags alone. Once we all see that we all sacrificed to build and settle and cultivate this country without ancestors sacrifice the sooner we'll all be getting along again.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave MinnesotaFats 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dlowilly

LOL

Used to trade sex for rents in my apartment complex in Arcadia. Had a couple cute black gals in there.

One was helping her daughter with civics / social studies and it was about Jefferson and the Louisiana Purchase and his presidency.

Being a political science major I couldn't help but dive into the complicated history of Jefferson's Presidency....trying to get congress to agree to pay for land they'd just rather take, or to get congress to declare war on the pirates for stealing our exports to Europe.

The young daughter asked if the boats that brought the stuff we made just came back empty....that was probably the most uncomfortable anyone in that room will ever have been, yet real teaching moment.

To explain to a 11 year the history there was difficult, however, not even the mother knew there was white slavery, kidnapping, pirating nor the meaning of "the shores of Tripoli", etc or any of that history. That is why we don't tear down statues, rename bases, change fight songs, edit art or alter written historical perspective.

That young daughter has a true basis for understanding the history of slavery, poverty, war and law in Colonial America and what the right to self determination actually means. Today, she's a sophomore straight A student AND LOVES history! She did BLM or a 24 hour news cycle, she wasn't coerced or misguided or brainwashed....she was simply given a 30 minute, real simple, lecture and shown pictures of Jefferson, the fight song, where N Africa is and references to pirates and kidnapping. The daughter doesn't view herself as a victim, even thou she is in a very poor family situation. I still help her w topics now and again because she loves going up against the HS teachers revisionist history point of view.

The mom still looks great, but fukks for help w rent. What a difference understanding history can make in ones life....we learn history in many different ways, not everyone can read it, some must see it, feel it, or experience it.

Leave the statues, parks, bases, towns and flags alone. Once we all see that we all sacrificed to build and settle and cultivate this country without ancestors sacrifice the sooner we'll all be getting along again.
    Great post

I probably would have separated the bold into separate paragraphs though...

BrickJames
    Action

LOL

Good story fatty, well written.

I once went into a strip club with a guy about 5 years my senior, we laughed giggled and sucked on titties, finally this young hot half black chick approached me and ask if I knew the guy I had shown up with. I told her I did.

She told me the he used to bang her mom 10 years ago when she was like 9!

We all laughed about it all night.

BrickJames
    Action

No point to the story, just thought it was funny.

Your story reminded me of that story.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave BrickJames 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Still waiting for my retro check for white slavery.

dlowilly

The US fought to end the Barbary slave trade of European whites and the slave trade of Africans in North America. Just one of the reasons we are the greatest nation on Earth, but instead of acknowledging that blacks and their sniveling politician masters deal in revisionism and lies to vilify our great nation.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Pittsburgh really needs to change the name of their baseball team. It's downright offensive. We really need to be burning down the Long John Silver restaurants too.