dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

do you remember Madras

Shirts and shorts and other clothing? If you do you are getting up there? lol. In 1969 10th grade mom bought me a madras shirt directly from India the cost $5. very bright plaid shirt made with extremely soft cotton, 100% cotton. however, the dye was vegetable die and every time you washed it the shirt faded ever so slightly. actually it was a total mess up for manufacturing because big clothing firms purchased 10,000 of yards of this material and it faded.

well, the bottom line on this story is the kids who bought these clothes were happy. they didn't fade ugly they faded beautifully into soft pastel colors and eventually after maybe 30 or so washes your shirt was almost white. it had just tinges of slight coloring and if you owned one you were one of the "cool" kids.

they were made for hot weather because they were so comfortable and I can't explain properly how soft that material was. I owned that shirt into college.

well Madras is back, producing shirts of 100% cotton in India and selling for $100 or more, I just bought three. I was expecting they would fade but I don't think that is the case. Oh well.

did you own one or two? the girls wore madras plaid skirts.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

my favorite goin' out shirt back in the 80's was a polo madris shirt........... good threads always gave you the confidence to score some good trim......

here's another, tho not that polo, that was a staple of my trimhunting repertoire:

apparently, it worked pretty well for deer hunting as well.....

and was good for the cotton harvest, as well: