ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Joe Montana Says His Family Used Rick Singer’s College Consulting Company

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS13) – NFL legend Joe Montana is saying his family used the consulting services from the man at the center of the college admissions scandal, but nothing more.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019...sions-scandal/

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13336

jail time imo

flipacoin9698
    flipacoin9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

He would not fee compelled to make any statement if he did not think there was something.... very strange.

So basically this guy Singer carves out a niche in this consulting business... then discovers he wields more a bunch of power and greed takes over from there.

flipacoin9698

this scam reminds me of Bernie Madoff... mostly took down the elite and famous people. Fukemall

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

phil mickelson too.

i think the guy runs a pretty legit, affordable standard college placement advice company with many subscribers. and then tries on certain people for the shady athletic and SAT cheat angles.

i see IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida is roped into this too

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by flipacoin9698 View Post
    this scam reminds me of Bernie Madoff... mostly took down the elite and famous people. Fukemall
    except, the people who ultimately got harmed most by this scheme were in cahoots with singer.... not sure exactly who was in cahoots - implicitly often - with madoff, but certainly not 99.99% of his investors

the victims in these cases are the millions of parents/kids who do/did it the honest way.

flipacoin9698

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    except, the people who ultimately got harmed most by this scheme were in cahoots with singer.... not sure exactly who was in cahoots - implicitly often - with madoff, but certainly not 99.99% of his investors

the victims in these cases are the millions of parents/kids who do/did it the honest way.
    Agreed - there are differences... but more similarities. The "clients" of Madoff were all well connected rich folks, and they thought they found a crack in the system and they were all too happy to take advantage. They were disillusioned by greed and beating the system. In the end many of his clients left holding the bag were described as victims, but I don't think that is the best description.

gojetsgomoxies

flipacoin,

good comments

Madoff is interesting. i agree that some of his many investors probably had some idea he wasn't writing calls to generate income. more like he was front-running his brokerage clients or engaging in insider trading. and of course shockingly it was even worse than that.

some of madoff's key large investors and fund-of-fund brokers surely knew something was not right. gave one of his major backers 50% guaranteed annualized return when he was running short of cash at one point. surely that investor knew something wasn't right.

one incredible think about the madoff recovery is that widow of one of his key investors gave back $7B. i question how many people would do that, especially when it wasn't the perpetrator himself.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Sounds legit. Guy probably had to have a legit business as well. Joe wouldn’t cheat the system. Smart kids.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3593

Quote Originally Posted by ericc View Post
    SAN FRANCISCO (CBS13) – NFL legend Joe Montana is saying his family used the consulting services from the man at the center of the college admissions scandal, but nothing more.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019...sions-scandal/

Joe was probably part of one of the Skull and crossbone secret fraternities. No doubt.