JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11999

Old timers I'm think about this ride.. How cool would this be to cruise?

Bet 20 gees on your best bet for the month when you really like a play. If it's ment to be it's ment to be I SAY!! You are then doubled up and walk away with this.. Hmmm?

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...802836886.html

If it were fuel injected and completely a reliable engine otherwise I'd be in without doubling up. I'm looking for a vintage ride to cruise like this now. I just love this car.. THOUGHTS?

I think a good reward for gambling is to let it ride on a restored vintage car you like, if you win you get it, if you lose you ride the same old crap bucket.

Feel free to Saloon MODS but I did mention gambling ..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-12-19 at 10:26 PM.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Jibs, I know a guy that collects vintage Buicks. All cherry. What's good about these old cars is they go up in value.

I hope you hit, lol.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave RangeFinder 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Vintage cars are for real hamburgers that’s basically all there is to say

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Get some English sports cars

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2xh158wz4/

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20589

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Bet 20 gees on your best bet for the month when you really like a play. If it's ment to be it's ment to be I SAY!! You are then doubled up and walk away with this.. Hmmm?

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...802836886.html

If it were fuel injected and completely a reliable engine otherwise I'd be in without doubling up. I'm looking for a vintage ride to cruise like this now. I just love this car.. THOUGHTS?

I think a good reward for gambling is to let it ride on a restored vintage car you like, if you win you get it, if you lose you ride the same old crap bucket.

Feel free to Saloon MODS but I did mention gambling ..
    Can they take a classic car and a modern car and just switch the bodies? Then I'd have the best of both worlds. I know it wouldn't be easy, but there has to be some knuckle buster out there that can do it, or is already doing it.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9318

I love it, but not 54k love it.

It seems in the middle. Not original and not fully modified.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10982

Jibster
    Is Jay Leno down the street from your pad?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Yup my thoughts exactly Opti.

I'm a car buff and I know modifications. I had a Nitro run Lexus SC400 that I put probably 50 Grand into total, I ended up selling it for about 5 grand in the end. Complete waste of money now that I look back.. Oh but did I have fun in that sleeper.. YES I DID!!

It's gotta be a special machine for that kind of money as far as vintage rides go.. I'm done wrenching in the garage when looking for vintage reliability rides.. That's a very hard combination to find these days!!!!

I know.. My hands don't get greasy any more.. No more knuckle bleeding when your wrench slips and your knuckles hit medal.. Been there done that..

Just keeping it real.. Sharing.. This was me years ago on a empty bottle.. Just google Jibby Lexus I'm there. Many forums alot of history. This is just one silly link I found 13 year ago so many more. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/index.php?threads/jibbys-dyno-results.5542/

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-13-19 at 12:23 AM.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Feel the same.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Yup my thoughts exactly Opti. I'm a car buff and I know modifications. I had a Nitro run Lexus SC400 that I put probably 50 Grand into total, I ended up selling it for about 5 grand in the end. Complete waste of money now that I look back.. Oh but did I have fun in that sleeper.. YES I DID!!

It's gotta be a special machine for that kind of money as far as vintage rides go.. I'm done wrenching in the garage when looking for vintage reliability rides.. That's a very hard combination to find these day!!!!

I know.. My hands don't get greasy any more.. No more knuckle bleeding when your wrench slips and your knuckles hit medal.. Been there done that..

Just keeping it real.. Sharing.. This was me years ago on a empty bottle.. Just google Jibby Lexus I'm there. Many forums alot of history. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/index...-results.5542/
    That sounds fun! No pics in that thread though, post some here?

My best car ever was a 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT coupe (the Mad Max car) with a 351 in it. Spent 100s of hours working on it with mates. That was our entertainment most weekends. I wish I had had 50k to spend on it at the time as I would still have it now and they go for 200k+ these days. I sold it for $3500 in about 1986

Agree that a nice old classy cruiser that has already had all the work done would suit me these days

One of the huge Caddies, or a thing we had down here called a Dodge Phoenix, or that car in the opening credits of Entourage. A 1970's "phuk the oil crisis" American land boat!

Here is a dead ringer for my XB coupe, but a friggen replica, they still want 120k for https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-5846212/?Cr=1
    Last edited by Optional; 02-13-19 at 12:31 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

That sounds fun! No pics in that thread though, post some here?

My best car ever was a 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT coupe (the Mad Max car) with a 351 in it. Spent 100s of hours working on it with mates. That was our entertainment most weekends. I wish I had had 50k to spend on it at the time as I would still have it now and they go for 200k+ these days. I sold it for $3500 in about 1986

Agree that a nice old classy cruiser that has already had all the work done would suit me these days

One of the huge Caddies, or a thing we had down here called a Dodge Phoenix, or that car in the opening credits of Entourage. A 1970's "phuk the oil crisis" American land boat!

Here is a dead ringer for my XB coupe, but a friggen replica, they still want 120k for https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...-5846212/?Cr=1
    I'm familiar with the Cleveland 351 ford motor OPTI. . In came in the early Mustangs here in America...

Had a best friend in high school with one growing up, It was a classic and valuable today, but just an old car back in 1986 when I was introduced to it in high school. I liked it and it was kept up. It was my friends dads car that he passed down him.. A 1970 Mustang.. I cruised in this car alot back in the day below.

Looked like this below, Heavy and slow but cool in today's standard and a gas gussler back then. This had that 351 Cleveland carb motor in it.

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-13-19 at 03:38 AM.

Optional

We had the Cleveland 351 or the Windsor 302 down here. Or a straight six 250.

All 3 engines were most of the reason I was a Ford man for life.

Nothing sounds as good to me as a 351 with a huge carb on it

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

69 Chevelle with a 396. Wrecked it and sold it cheap back in the 80's. Don't even want to know what it's worth now. Not after selling it for $700. It needed a hood, grill, headlights, and windshield but still, I gave the guy the deal of the century.