PromiseLand
    PromiseLand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Punk kids trying to intimidate/mock Native Americans at Indigenous People's March

Seeing this level of overt racism and disrespect makes my blood boil. Drummer showed amazing restraint.

Here's another vid- what the fukk is wrong with these kids?

https://twitter.com/lulu_says2/statu...52871674368001

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Blah. No context. I constantly see things where "natives" are protesting "stolen land" Blah, blah, blah. So, until I understand what he was doing and what was going on for "indigenous peoples march" I can't say much. And these people complaining have or right to complain about mob mentality when then the left uses this tactic constantly to shut people down

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I don't care for the kid's smugness at all, but he didn't actually do anything. It woudl be different if he were setting things on fire and smashing other people's property.

Kermit

I just noticed that this was a Catholic school counter-protesting? What exactly are they protesting?

PromiseLand

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I just noticed that this was a Catholic school counter-protesting? What exactly are they protesting?
    I think they were initially at a pro-life rally. It makes no sense to me why they were harassing these people. I think they were trying to provoke em and try to start some static. Fortunately things didn't escalate.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

Paleface better be careful. Injun might get ginned up on the fire water and do some scalpin'.

PromiseLand

True patriot:

"The elder is Nathan Phillips, an Omaha elder who is also a Vietnam Veteran and former director of the Native Youth Alliance. He is also a keeper of a sacred pipe and holds an annual ceremony honoring Native American veterans in the Arlington National Cemetery.

Phillips is also the subject of a previous racially-based incident when he was taunted and harassed by Eastern Michigan University students who were dressed stereo-typically as Native Americans. As reported in FOX 2 News, he was yelled at and hit by a thrown beer can.

In a previous interview with Phillips, he told Indian Country Today that returning from Vietnam was not easy as a veteran. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountryto...kK2uvT0L-JOig/

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

oh look, twitler youth.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Twitler......

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17053

Why was Loshak there?

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1488

Doesn't look like much of a march. I see like 3 indians and 50 college freshman acting like morons.

Kermit

Looks like more fake outrage.

The Indian guy actually walked up to the kid and started beating the drum in his face. That part was edited off of the video, which doesn't surprise me one bit.

https://twitter.com/KairuJ8/status/1086746384248692736
    Last edited by Kermit; 01-19-19 at 05:17 PM.

Kermit

Full video. Doesn't look quite as much of a big deal here.

PromiseLand

So what are the kids protesting?

PromiseLand

Here's a nice quote from one of these fine young lads: https://twitter.com/andrewkimmel/sta...25453853777920

"Land gets stolen. That's how it works. It's the way of the world."

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by PromiseLand View Post
    So what are the kids protesting?
    No idea.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Looks like more fake outrage.

The Indian guy actually walked up to the kid and started beating the drum in his face. That part was edited off of the video, which doesn't surprise me one bit.

https://twitter.com/KairuJ8/status/1086746384248692736
    WOW!

After this I'm siding with the kids. The way that drummer aggressively ran up to them.

What was he thinking?

Plus, all the teens were doing was defending themselves.

#Maga!

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

That kid needs smacked upside the face/head with an open hand

Hman

Full video. Doesn't look quite as much of a big deal here.

I stand corrected!

Shutup

Here's a nice quote from one of these fine young lads: https://twitter.com/andrewkimmel/sta...25453853777920

I told you that is what it was. So, some guy does some more feel guilty bullshit that he is on stolen land and you want him to say what to that?
    He should have said it was stolen way before whitey was here. So sick of minorities saying and doing anything they want and then trying to justify it with claiming it is for justice and equality or some garbage.
    BTW conquered not stolen. And made much more of it than they would have. Does that make it right,? Nope. Same thing they did. Are they going to demonize themselves? Thank you. Case stated

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

how much money will he get for this
    Last edited by cincinnatikid513; 01-19-19 at 09:01 PM.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    I stand corrected!
    After watching the video again, that kid that is getting the drum beat in his face is actually one of the more well behaved kids there. And now he is getting all kinds of death threats and shit.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit, and TheMoneyShot

Hman

After watching the video again, that kid that is getting the drum beat in his face is actually one of the more well behaved kids there. And now he is getting all kinds of death threats and shit.

I cannot believe the difference a few seconds cut out makes in the perception of it all.

You are right, it goes appearing as if the kid approached the man being disrespectful, to just the opposite.

CNN of course is showing only the edited clip and you should see the comments from those who haven't seen the unedited version.

Shutup

Will OP apologize or just demand he must be the victim regardless? Look at all those white Hitler youth, eh?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Was just getting ready to post this.

PromiseLand

I agree. The initial videos made it appear as if the kids were the ones who swarmed around him. Doesn't excuse the kids' behavior but does add some perspective to the situation. It'd be interesting to know how the situation diffused and ended. Also want to hear from some of these kids firsthand on what went down.

Kermit

I agree. The initial videos made it appear as if the kids were the ones who swarmed around him. Doesn't excuse the kids' behavior but does add some perspective to the situation. It'd be interesting to know how the situation diffused and ended. Also want to hear from some of these kids firsthand on what went down.
    No, those kids were acting like complete fukkheads, but that one kid that is getting all of the shit and death threats didn't do anything. He was actually the most behaved one of them.

There is actually another longer 9 minute video of an alternate angle showing that these Indians may have initiated all of this, but the video got taken down for some reason.

PromiseLand

Interesting. Post it in here if it gets put up again. Do we even know how long this confrontation lasted for? I'm sure this story isn't gonna go away anytime soon so hopefully we can get some clarity from all this. Hard to piece together what really happened from a bunch of random clips.

Kermit

Interesting. Post it in here if it gets put up again. Do we even know how long this confrontation lasted for? I'm sure this story isn't gonna go away anytime soon so hopefully we can get some clarity from all this. Hard to piece together what really happened from a bunch of random clips.
    In the 9 minute vid, you can see dozens of people standing around and behind the Indian recording the situation. Oddly from this new angle, the kid didn't look like he was smiling at all, and the drum the Indian was banging on was almost resting on the kid's shoulder.

PromiseLand

Yeah man, this is such a bizarre, unfortunate chain of events. I just want to see the whole thing instead of short, edited clips. It's pretty crazy how different camera angles can present a situation in a completely different light. At first I was incensed and irate when I saw all this, but now the whole thing just makes me sad. Too much ignorance and hate on display. While this may be an ugly situation, anyone out there who sends death threats to kids doesn't deserve to breathe. That's some cowardly shit right there, and it's way worse than anything that went down here.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

Here's a nice quote from one of these fine young lads:
    What part of the truth hurts?

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

But it’s very easy to take one clip out of context and spread it as a hate crime on social media. Like land theft, it’s just the way the world works.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

This old Native American guy shoulda cold cocked the arrogant rich boy into next week.

Kermit

It was re-uploaded.

1234 ... Last