Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

PETA To ‘Pay Tribute’ To Cows Killed In Georgia Highway Crash With Billboard

PETA to ‘pay tribute’ to cows killed in Georgia highway crash with billboard
    By JESSICA SCHLADEBECK
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    MAY 25, 2018

PETA is honoring the cows sent to greener pastures after a tractor-trailer hauling the cattle overturned on a highway in Georgia.

"Ten gentle cows died in this wreck, and those who survived were rounded up and taken to an auction before likely being strung upside down and slaughtered," PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman said in a press release.

"PETA hopes to pay tribute to their too-short lives with a billboard urging motorists to prevent future suffering by keeping cows and all other animals off their plates."

The commemorative sign, slated to be put up by the crash site on 1-75 near the Wade Green Road exit, also comes with a message.

"I'm ME, not MEAT. See the Individual. Go Vegan," it reads.

Cobb County police officers responded to the crash at 4:44 a.m. on May 17, according to Woodstock Patch. The driver, Nathaniel Ledford of Knoxville, Tenn., "failed to maintain lane" and veered off the road.

He was attempting to bring his 2001 Peterbilt back onto the highway when the tractor-trailer struck an attenuation barrier. The vehicle overturned, flinging debris and cattle across the highway.

Seven cows were killed in the crash and another three later succumbed to their injuries while the surviving cows were transported to a location in North Georgia, according to the local news site.

PETA also slammed the "cramped, filthy" conditions the animals are confined to after they are "loaded onto trucks bound for auctions and slaughterhouses."

It's unclear when the bovine billboard will make its debut alongside the Georgia highway.

Hman

LOL I'm an animal lover myself but this is just wayyy too much

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

Eat more chicken

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10776

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: phinfan27615

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

i tried to go with out eating meat but i just couldn't do it , i try to eat less red meat now and more fish and chicken

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

My Fantasy Football's Leagues name is P.E.T.A.

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    My Fantasy Football's Leagues name is P.E.T.A.

Ha!

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

That's why I always choose veal. Don't want the baby cows to suffer by growing up and being hit by a vehicle. I don't want to see animals suffer; I'm not a monster
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    That's why I always choose veal. Don't want the baby cows to suffer by growing up and being hit by a vehicle. I don't want to see animals suffer; I'm not a monster
    when i was younger i still remember to this day i was in the meat section of the grocery store with my mom and i asked can we have veal for dinner and the look she gave me like she could kill me, yup never had veal in our house hold