sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

What if next week the electoral college is a tie 269:269

Many news agencies watching the electoral map say it is a real possibility. I think Trump wins easy... but what if there is a tie?

The decision goes to the House to decide. Paul Ryan is the speaker... who does he choose? The house has to approve but who does Speaker Ryan choose?

He can choose himself, or almost anybody he wants. He obviously would be personally wanting a GOP person... and I would say likely a candidate that has actually run in the primary. To the untrained eye, I think most would assume he would NOT choose Trump as they have not exactly seen eye to eye. But I predict that after careful consideration he would actually choose Trump. The people voted for him, and I think he would let the people get their candidate.

Who else would he choose? and why

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

Fuk it

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Well, if Assange says it, then its fact

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post
    Many news agencies watching the electoral map say it is a real possibility. I think Trump wins easy... but what if there is a tie?

The decision goes to the House to decide. Paul Ryan is the speaker... who does he choose? The house has to approve but who does Speaker Ryan choose?

He can choose himself, or almost anybody he wants. He obviously would be personally wanting a GOP person... and I would say likely a candidate that has actually run in the primary. To the untrained eye, I think most would assume he would NOT choose Trump as they have not exactly seen eye to eye. But I predict that after careful consideration he would actually choose Trump. The people voted for him, and I think he would let the people get their candidate.

I think he would give it to Hilary, with the caveat that there is an expectation to return the favor. She's more likely to play the political game.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

In a tie they have to pick from the top 3 electoral vote getters, so unless McMullen wins Utah they'd have to pick between Trump or Clinton.

The Senate then gets to choose the VP between the two. In the event of a tie I'd assume they'd go with Clinton as president then Pence as VP. Then try to get Clinton impeached to make Pence president.

If McMullen wins Utah, I could see them going with him tho, especially since he was a Republican up until recently.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

astro61200

Also of note, if they can't decide in the House who the next president would be by Jan 20, a 25-25 tie because penetrate DC, then Biden would become president and the Senate would pick the VP still, not sure what happens if they don't get a majority either.

sportsfan9698

Nope nobody got it correct. I was confused myself so I did some research.

The task goes to the House of Representatives to BREAK THE TIE. Therefore it is between Trump and Clinton alone. No Ryan does not get to decide. Each of the 50 states (delegations) get one vote in the house. Currently the Republicans control 33 of the state delegations, and the Democrats control 14 - with 3 being tied. So naturally the House would vote Trump into the Oval Office. The Senate would vote to decide the VP (between the VP candidates)

So therefore, I would conclude that the number to reach for Clinton is 270 and the number to reach for Trump is 269. That being said, I think Trump will surpass 300 electoral votes.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

if tied, the us senate will vote to certify the official SBR presidential poll results to break the tie.....

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

In the event of a tie, the winner is determined by who has the biggest schlong.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    fukkin' hillary lover

astro61200

The task goes to the House of Representatives to BREAK THE TIE. Therefore it is between Trump and Clinton alone. No Ryan does not get to decide. Each of the 50 states (delegations) get one vote in the house. Currently the Republicans control 33 of the state delegations, and the Democrats control 14 - with 3 being tied. So naturally the House would vote Trump into the Oval Office. The Senate would vote to decide the VP (between the VP candidates)

So therefore, I would conclude that the number to reach for Clinton is 270 and the number to reach for Trump is 269. That being said, I think Trump will surpass 300 electoral votes.
    That's what I said.... well not the part about they'd vote Trump in, because that isn't a given, but how it works.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

That is actually true. I did some research.

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

If it gets thrown to the Supreme Court, as it did in 2000, there are only 8 justices on the Supreme Court and a 4 to 4 tie is likely.

BoL

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

It could also go 6 votes for McMullen, and neither Trump or Clinton getting 270.

BoL

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8401

You're insane....you do know that Trump is going to lose with women decisively don't you? Not to mention Hispanics are by far the fastest growing demographic and they hate Trump. Colorado is probably lost to Republicans forever now. The thing is though....Trump could actually tie like you said if he wins Florida and New Hampshire.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 561

In the event of a tie the winner will be determined by a pussy eating challenge.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

wrong. it goes to LeBron.

and The King already endorsed Hillary and will be appearing with Her tomorrow.. so it would be Hillary

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

what a fukking idiot...jesus christ...

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    what a fukking idiot...jesus christ...
    Well you were not around for all of the answers at that time... so we discussed it and all is good !

Auto Donk

going back to the original question, since this thread keeps poppin' up as "unread" for me (ie, in dark blue), my thoughts are now that so long as we're dealing with fantasy questions, let's consider this one:

"what if JJ Gold wasn't bald, didn't have a 1.24" schshort (as opposed to a "schlong"), had a full head of hair, straight teeth, got laid all the time instead of not having been laid in over ten years, and actually was a successful hi-rolling gambler who thrived in Vegas?"