slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6225

Earl Strickland RIP

The guy was a pool legend, RIP

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5441

I played Earl several times. He was certainly a legend on the pool table and in the bars! He could drink/whatever the rest of us under the table with ease.

I had Earl down 9-0 in the quarterfinals of the Chattanooga Open back in the late 80's and I miscued on the 7 ball and I never got back to the table. He ran 11 straight racks on me. He was one of the major reasons that the alternate break was implemented in tournaments.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

hes not dead . Man this place reeks with bad information
    and a lot of disrespectful false death notifications

Btw you never had Earl down 9-0 BigOrange, because if you did , you would know if Earl was really dead or not
    Think about what i just said there, if you really did, you woulda shown the extra effort to find out if his passing was true. When I was 23 years old I was sent to play the best player in our whole region , Randy Rudd ... we where hill/hill and I blew a easy shot to win the game and he came back and cleared the table.

And Randy Rudd is no Earl strickland, and if someone told me Randy died id still check to make sure
    since that was a pretty big moment in my life .

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5441

Fidel GFY. I haven't been around the pool scene for over 18 years. With his lifestyle, it seemed natural that he might have passed. I'm glad he didn't. I always liked Earl.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

How old are you ?

Earl is fun for the game, absolutely fearless shotmaker.
    Hard to find more confidence then he has in his stroke