daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Do you tip the car wash guy?

For a $20-$25 wash? Usually give him a $5'er but they do a good job. Wondering if I should do more

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

$1 in Vegas..$8 wash

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

About 7 or 8 years ago I detailed a Doctors car and found a $20 bill under the seat and put it in a box with other shit that I found throughout the car and when he came in to pick it up I told him I found a 20 crumpled up under his seat and for being honest he gave me the $20 and another $20 as a tip. Since then I have been reconditioning all of his, his wife's, and his friends cars twice a year now and always get an extra $20 from the Doctor.

Just goes to show you where honesty can get you.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

50% of guys on here don't have a car.

95% of guys on here that have a car don't wash it.

4% that do wash it go through a $8 car wash.

So less than 1% have a car wash guy Blazer.

Good luck finding an answer on here.

btw, I'm the $8 car wash guy and clean the interior myself.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

Car wash guy gets paid the price he advertises.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

$5

Any less than that and you're a cheap fukk.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

No, its just the right thing to do...pretty simple....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    About 7 or 8 years ago I detailed a Doctors car and found a $20 bill under the seat and put it in a box with other shit that I found throughout the car and when he came in to pick it up I told him I found a 20 crumpled up under his seat and for being honest he gave me the $20 and another $20 as a tip. Since then I have been reconditioning all of his, his wife's, and his friends cars twice a year now and always get an extra $20 from the Doctor.

Just goes to show you where honesty can get you.

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

No, I wash my baby myself

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

So honesty is only worthwhile if a cash reward looms. Got it. No wonder Kermit checks his at the door when he enters SBR... there's nothing in it for him to uphold the virtues of it.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    So honesty is only worthwhile if a cash reward looms. Got it. No wonder Kermit checks his at the door when he enters SBR... there's nothing in it for him to uphold the virtues of it.
    What? I didn't know from the start if my honesty would pay off. I was giving an example of how honesty can be beneficial in the long run. I would have been happy with just a simple "Thanks" but I ended up getting more business out of it as well and a good reputation. There have been many times where I showed my honesty and didn't gain anything in return, but it never changed the person who I was.

Kermit

There was a Car wash/Detailing shop nearby that got set-up a couple years ago by some investigative crew or some shit and apparently they hid money and other valuables in cars and a lot of it came up missing and people got fired over it and the business ended up shutting down.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

There's this car wash near in my area that does unlimited car washes for $24.99 a month. Yes... wash your car for less than a dollar a day. You'd figure he has the worst gadgets underneath his roof when your car enters? Wrong. He was actually voted in the top 10 US wide for the best car wash ever. 5 years ago.. he gambled... and said... sh#$ let's wash cars unlimited for $24.99 a month. Everyone thought he was crazy. Me included. Yes, if you aren't on his low budget plan... he does have single day visits as high as $18.00 a wash... and people still pay it. He doesn't do the inside of your car. He has these HOT HURRICANE DRYERS.... that dry your car with gas flames. He was also the first car wash in Michigan to use this. Sometimes I'll flip the guys who are working $20 every 2 months or so. Buys em lunch for a day. Personally, once you wash your car at this guys place... you won't go anywhere else. And it sucks.... because once you go to other car washes... nothing compares to the price, quality... of the wash.

Let's face it... you should at least wash your car once a week. And you're going to usually tip human "towel dryers" at least $2 when your car comes out. I do... because usually 2 guys working on your car. X 52 weeks a year... and that's $104 in tips. Not trying to sound cheap... but money is money.. that's why when I go to that Hurricane Dryer car wash... it's all done with high heated machines... you don't need to tip...

Eddy Munny

What? I didn't know from the start if my honesty would pay off.
    You're being a bit disingenuous here, Kermit. I know how your devious mind works. Clearly, you had the situation sized up. You were dealing with a doctor here, who probably had a nice vehicle, and the lofty tax bracket status that allows one to just nonchalantly lose "Jacksons" under the seat, whereas the more common folk middle-classers are housing coins or the occasional dollar bill under theirs.

The reality of it is, you knew your chances of breaking even (getting to keep the bounty as gratuity) were favorable, and that the possibility of an even greater windfall was present. Not to mention, the hopes you harbored of solidifying the doctor as a repeat customer had visions of dollar signs dancing in your head. All these motives would be considered "selfish" despite the outward facade of honesty.

You even admit that you made it a point to mention the recovery of the $20 bill when the Doc most certainly would have discovered this on his own. Likewise, you probably didn't go out of your way to mention the unopened pack of gum that you found, or the brand new pencil. Sound about right?

All things considered, you knew a roll of the dice in this particular instance was a risk worth undertaking.

I credit your honesty account: 0 points.

Kermit

Yeah Eduardo, that is what it was. You got me nailed perfectly. SBR should give you a Badge with Peter Falk's face on it.

Eddy Munny

Your initial rebuttal was heartfelt denial. Your follow up had the hallmarks of a man coming to terms with the harsh reality of his false virtuousness, and the recognition of such by his peers. I easily pierced your cloak of plausible deniability when you thought it impregnable. Out of answers and seeking resolution, you fire off one last desperate dart, dipped in sarcasm, hoping to bring levity to your downfall.

Just stay the eff out of my car, Kermit.

Kermit

Just stay the eff out of my car, Kermit.
    Don't worry Eddy. I always turn down customers whose vehicles look like they may have had some type of homosexual orgy in them.

Eddy Munny

Neat.

Clearly you're playing checkers while I'm playing chess.

Checkmate.

Kermit

King me.

Eddy Munny

King me.

Kermit

The reason why no one will play Chess with Eddy.

Eddy Munny

You probably should have just stopped at "king me."

Don't let this become another one of your threads that has you swinging wildly and fouling balls left and right.

NJYW,ILKASWTFBPJSICWHCIWSLSLHPTD

Kermit

You probably should have just stopped at "king me."

Don't let this become another one of your threads that has you swinging wildly and fouling balls left and right.

NJYW,ILKASWTFBPJSICWHCIWSLSLHPTD
    Uh..... Not my thread EddySpaghetti. Just another one that you decided to stalk me in between floggin' it while trolling GIVEMETHEMONEY's play of the day thread.

Eddy Munny

I never said you started the thread, you dense Muppet. I'm referring to your history self annihilation while searching for the perfect punchline. I can already sense your posts are headed south in a hurry. I'm just trying to save you the embarrassment. But embarrassment, and it's steadfast denial, is like an old friend to you, and you seem reluctant to leave it behind.

Eddy Munny

Quick, post a link... to another thread.

Kermit

I never said you started the thread, you dense Muppet. I'm referring to your history self annihilation while searching for the perfect punchline. I can already sense your posts are headed south in a hurry. I'm just trying to save you the embarrassment. But embarrassment, and it's steadfast denial, is like an old friend to you, and you seem reluctant to leave it behind.
    Uh, yeah, you did. You are trying to make it sound like you are owning me in my own threads, but it is you stalking me whenever you can like some kind of E-Fagggot. Yeah, I said it. Whatcha gonna do? You gonna flex your muscles and show everyone that you ain't no punk? Or are you gonna puss out like you normally do and just make excuses?

Show everyone that you got a pair there boy.

Kermit

Let's go big boy, you gonna bark all day or are you gonna bite?

Show all of these people here how tough that you are. Don't go out like the sissy little princess that you are.

Kermit

HERE you go Eddy.

I must admit, JB123 is a pretty weak fake handle, even for you.
    Last edited by Kermit; 03-31-15 at 11:52 PM.

Eddy Munny

Here are Kermit's work supplies. "Car detailing" that's just basically saying you wipe someone else's ass because they can afford to make you and you can't afford to say no. Kermit just feels a kinship with a Dustbuster because it's one of the few things that suck as much as he does.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

When I was in high school I worked at a car wash and they had signs up not to tip

But I got health and dental insurance, which really didn't matter to me at the time.

Kermit

Here are Kermit's work supplies. "Car detailing" that's just basically saying you wipe someone else's ass because they can afford to make you and you can't afford to say no. Kermit just feels a kinship with a Dustbuster because it's one of the few things that suck as much as he does.

So I guess the answer is "Bark"..... Pretty much as we all expected.

Carry on... My Wayward Son.....

Eddy Munny

Kermit's required work attire...

Kermit

Better than yours.

Eddy Munny

Kermit's moving up the world. Nowadays, he sucks for a doctor and gets a $20 tip. In the past, he'd suck for a construction crew and get nothing but canker sores.

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

i tip your mom after she sucks the truffle butter of my co ck

Eddy Munny

Kermit's sexual frustration is palpable. Total closet case. Never seen a guy with so much homo shit cued up and ready to fire at a moment's notice. The two times a year he's intimate with his wife, he probably makes her wear a beard and that vibrating apparatus he posted.

12 Last