Gary Busey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 687

Show me the car fax.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5069

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Busey View Post
    Show me the car fax.
    You would be amazed about how many people say that and end up buying the vehicle without it.

Customer: Show me the carfax.

Me: Sure no problem, let's go for a test drive first.

Deal is done, customer drives off with no carfax. OOOOPPPPPSSSS. LOL

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I thought you were referring to someone's prostitution gig......... finished one trick, ie. "fired," turned another, ie. "hired"..... that is, hired again, sloppy seconds...........

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

How did you get fired in the car business? Only guys I know that got fired rented their demos out for crack rocks.......

Carseller4

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    How did you get fired in the car business? Only guys I know that got fired rented their demos out for crack rocks.......
    Only dealership I worked at where the sales manager has his son as a salesman. All phone calls and internet leads go through management. You do the math.

Raise a little hell, sales manager feeling the heat from ownership, shifts blame, fires someone to make himself feel better.

It happens.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

i sold cars once when I was like 22 (for 6 weeks). Sold 30 cars in my first month and made a "whole" 4k, while working 12 hour days, 6 days a week. Not that it's exactly "work". Too much standing around, dipping out to the ride for pipe hits, to be considered work.

final straw, I sell some black dude a grand marquis at way over book (cash deal), my manager makes the mistake of telling me I made I huge score, what they called a "5 pounder". Of which, id put $1500 in my pocket. Pretty nice considering id been making a bunch of "mini's" which only pay $100. They get the black in the back, next thing I hear, it's a finance deal (so they make more on the back end) and my commission is like $300.

i immediately told them, "this is supposed to be us vs them. Not me vs them vs you. Everyone of you oysters can blow me, I'm going back into construction."

it was pretty easy to sell though.

I think the fact that I look/looked like some trustworthy, Mormon kid, instead of some middle aged degenerate, like carseller, was a pretty big advantage.

i wouldn't do it again. Complete fcking scam.

Although I ran some angles myself. My girlfriend ran the BDC department, she'd tip me off about when certain people were coming and what they were driving, I'd act like they were my appointments.

so that was pretty cool. Talk about having a huge edge over the poor shmuck salesman who was just waiting for "fresh ups" (potential customers).

which sounds like the reason why this guy was fired. Bitching like a homo about someone being "spoonfed" deals.

Managment spoonfeeding salesman happens everywhere. Quit blaming that for your failings, and become the spoonfed, or just be a better salesman and quit worrying about who is getting what.

you sound like everything you hate a "cun,ty liberal"

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Scumbag, you did not sell 30 cars and only make $4k. I sold cars for 6 years, averaged 17 a month over that time and made over $100k a year. Even if you were ripped off that badly, you could have made $200k a year selling that many cars somewhere else.

But you're right, there is a spoonfed "bone boy" in every store. The dude at the store I worked at couldn't sell shit himself, but he started in the clean up bay when he was like 15 yrs old and was a lot attendant after that..basically part of the family. I left 10 yrs ago and he was still there until a couple years ago--he got a 19 yr old receptionist preggo and his wife left him. Last I heard, dude was down and out selling like 5 cars a month on a buy here pay here lot.

Carseller4

I sold 29.5 cars one month and ONLY made $8,000. I was ripped off to no end.

Compare that to a month I sold 14 and made $11,000.

BTW I have been fired 4 times over close to 20 years....it does happen.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post

Just moveon and hope for the best ...may be a good thing in the end....you know you cant live off betpoints forever lol

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post

what kind of cars?

I was selling shitty ones obv.

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Scumbag, you did not sell 30 cars and only make $4k. I sold cars for 6 years, averaged 17 a month over that time and made over $100k a year. Even if you were ripped off that badly, you could have made $200k a year selling that many cars somewhere else.

But you're right, there is a spoonfed "bone boy" in every store. The dude at the store I worked at couldn't sell shit himself, but he started in the clean up bay when he was like 15 yrs old and was a lot attendant after that..basically part of the family. I left 10 yrs ago and he was still there until a couple years ago--he got a 19 yr old receptionist preggo and his wife left him. Last I heard, dude was down and out selling like 5 cars a month on a buy here pay here lot.
    Unfortunetly it's true.

shitty cars, $100 mini on nearly all of them.