Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Fukking Home Depot

Got this memo this morning...knew all about it right when it happened and already protected myself from anything bad.
    But the fact that they just now (2 fukking months later) decided to notify their customers is outrages to say the least.

Dear Valued Customer,

The Home Depot has discovered that a file containing your email address may have been taken during the payment card breach we announced in September. The file contained email addresses, but it did not contain passwords, payment card information, or other sensitive personal information. We apologize for this incident and for the inconvenience and frustration this may cause you.

In all likelihood this event will not impact you, but we recommend that you be on the alert for phony emails requesting personal or sensitive information. If you have any questions or would like additional information on how to protect yourself from email scams, please visit our website or call 1-800-HOMEDEPOT.

Again, we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience this incident may have caused. Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

The Home Depot

Please do not reply to this email. To contact us call 1-800-HOMEDEPOT, or contact us at The Home Depot, Attn: Privacy Official, 2455 Paces Ferry Road, N.W., Atlanta, GA 30339-4024, USA.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1488

they have home depots in russia?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    I'm in Cali right now...live in both countries

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

sure as hell do..... usually nestled right between "The Vodka Depot" and the "Triple Anal Depot"...........
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Rocket, what did you purchase at Home Depot?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    A shovel.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    A shovel.
    yes, a shovel indeed was necessary as a part of the "burying your ass" process...........

#lifetimeban!
    Points Awarded:

Russian Rocket gave Auto Donk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10014

Yea - got same thing - RR - you know more about this than I do - but what harm can come from someone having my e-mail address??

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    A shovel.
    speaking of shovels...didn't I get a set full for you just about 2 months ago?
    can't remember the brand, but it sure did work alright

Don't be shy sport...tell everyone here how hard you had to cry to Shari and for how long, so she can let you back in here.
    I know the story, but I'm sure everyone here would love hear it directly from you.

Btw how are those imagenery scars on your face? Use some jeez to help with the healing- I heard it does wonders for some people's faces.
    Last edited by Russian Rocket; 11-10-14 at 05:35 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Yea - got same thing - RR - you know more about this than I do - but what harm can come from someone having my e-mail address??
    it's not that difficult to link email to someone's real name this days dude
    plus don't believe for a second that Home Depot is telling you everything - sometimes the company that has been hacked, even a company as big as HD, can miss things that were compromised...some companies will straight out lie to you about what was hacked and what wasn't to save their face (stock price)
    Last edited by Russian Rocket; 11-10-14 at 09:32 PM.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    was doing a kitchen remodeling...purchased whole bunch of shit...but put it all on their HD CC...so I'm not worried about compromising that number...I did sign up for one of their promos with my email address though to get extra 15% off...so that's where this shit is coming from right now.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    speaking of shovels...didn't I get a set full for you just about 2 months ago?
    can't remember the brand, but it sure did work alright

Don't be shy sport...tell everyone here how hard you had to cry to Shari and for how long, so she can let you back in here.
    I know the story, but I'm sure everyone here would love hear it directly from you.

Btw how are those imagenery scars on your face? Use some jeez to help with the healing- I heard it does wonders for some people's faces.
    I remember that story.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    only something like this, once he starts skyping with people while using your account, particularly your out-of-state boss who you've never met in person, similar employees, or the cops working undercover who he thinks are really young boys and not chris hanson........

Name:  hot babe spankin' fetish.png
Views: 241
Size:  72.6 KB

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    I remember that story.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

over there it's called mud hut Depot

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3533

it's not that difficult to link email to someone's real name this days dude
    plus don't believe for a second that Home Depot is telling you everything - sometimes the company that has been hacked, even a company as big as HD, can miss things that were compromised...some companies will straight out lie to you about what was hacked and what wasn't to save their face (stock price)
    I remember last year EBay sent me email to say I needed to change my p/w, because theyd been hacked.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I remember last year EBay sent me email to say I needed to change my p/w, because theyd been hacked.
    yup it happens all the time
    the best practice is to change all of your passwords every 3-6 months...don't keep the same password for all of your accounts...don't use the same email when you sign up for things...invest in credit monitoring service....and so on

stay on top of your own security and don't think that something like this can't happen to you
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3533

yup it happens all the time
    the best practice is to change all of your passwords every 3-6 months...don't keep the same password for all of your accounts...don't use the same email when you sign up for things...invest in credit monitoring service....and so on

stay on top of your own security and don't think that something like this can't happen to you
    Yeah your right,gotta keep ontop of this shit better.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my world...

#1 Lowes
    #2 Menards
    #3 Local hardware store...Ace
    #4 make it myself
    #5 Home Depot