Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Growing up in the social media age......

just saw a GMA story about kids takin' selfies, posting them, and needing to get "likes" for them, and if they don't they are crushed.... kind of like a meter to see who is in the "in crowd" or shunned in school.... a daily popularity contest playing out in schools nationwide....

we used to just wonder who was most liked, and generally knew, but now it is sadly done by the number of likes a person gets from school mates, etc., for a cheesy selfie.... So we've got a generation of self-absorbed, self-esteem seeking (and usually lacking) teens young adults who constantly monitor social media......

I will say I would have never gotten out of high school in the present time, as I would in all likelihood still be expelled from school or serving time for crimes some idiot caught on his/her cell phone and turned into police..... thank God they didn't have those while I was in high school!!! I'd still be serving expulsions from all the shit we did that someone certainly would have videoed.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

thankfully I grew up when i did and not in today's age...i feel sorry for the youngsters today..

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

^ I would be considered a bully and a smartass by today's standards. I could tell someone the truth or fact and they would not accept it and proceed to say I was intolerant...now I'm a bully...3 day suspension for trying to enlighten, fk me..

There are normal kids out there, I have a few cousins that don't give a shit about likes and selfies, it gives me hope for the future.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

And now not only are kids picked on and bullied in school, but the bullying continues when they get home through Facebook and other social places.

I remember when I was in school and kids would get picked on I would think to myself "Damn, I bet they look forward to the weekends more than anyone" and now it doesn't matter thanks to the internet.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    And now not only are kids picked on and bullied in school, but the bullying continues when they get home through Facebook and other social places.

I remember when I was in school and kids would get picked on I would think to myself "Damn, I bet they look forward to the weekends more than anyone" and now it doesn't matter thanks to the internet.
    damn good point..... no wonder more and more kids are coming apart at the seems..... parents need to do more. I once had to almost fight a whole pack of high school punks when one of their little brothers started a fight with my younger son, who was four years younger than the 13-14 yr old that was starting shit with him. The high school kids put the younger punk up to starting shit with anyone, so he naturally picked on someone smaller and less able to protect himself (my younger son). it was in an after school setting (i was there to pick up my boys) in front of a West University market and soda/coffee shop that many of the kids hung out at after school. When I saw the bigger, older kid shove my son, my adrenaline shot through the roof, as I could see it from about 40 yards away. I covered that 40 in about 4.6, and literally leaped and took that punk down.

to my surprise, after we flew across a couple of bikes in my initial take down, this punk starts dropping f' bombs at me telling me to let him go. I said "you're going to jail, punk... you don't beat on little kids. you picked on the wrong kid." he 's yelling "fck you" and his older brother and four-five of his male friends, and some hi school chicks they were with, start gathering around telling me to let him go. I'm yelling at a few of the adults to call 911 or at a minimum get the store manager (who eventually called the cops). I was shocked at the level of disrespect this kid was willing to shout out at an adult. Meanwhile, this punk is kicking me, pulling to get away, and i keep saying, "not happening, punk, you're going to jail". a couple a ladies are telling me to let him go, and i'm telling em not to the cops get there. meanwhile, the high school guys are getting more aggressive--kind of lack a pack of coyotes around an elk -- no single one of them had a chance against me, but as a pack they were getting more ballsy.... the store manager says he'll hold the kid.

i let him go, and then the "pack" kind of surrounds me, saying i hurt the kid with the take down, etc. etc . etc. sensing what was about to unfold, I looked directly into the eyes of the biggest one of them, and said, "i did what i had to do to protect my son from a punk ass fck four or five years older than him, and if you got a problem with that, let's go -- all of you!!!" I'm 6'3, 225, and this kid -- emphasis kid -- weighed more than me and was my height (obvious football jock), and his buddy jocks, seeing the sheer level of my intensity and rage in my eyes, wanted no part of any of that shit at that point. I even told the fcker to get my topsiders (which had flown off during my take down of the punk) off the roof, where one of the hi school punks had thrown them during the incident.

cops get there, I say i wanna press charges on behalf of my son, the cops say they wanna charge me for assaulting the kid, and that they aren't gonna charge the 13 yr old with assaulting my son. (as i alluded to, i took him down on a dead run, we flew over/knocked down two three bikes, and soard through a small hedge and landed on the grass between the hedge and the street). A couple of the "ladies" there said I'd taken him down too hard. Fortunately, the d.a.'s office finally showed some sense of reasonableness, and wouldn't accept the charges the cops wanted to file against me..... another reason i hate egotistical cops.......
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 10-27-14 at 11:28 AM.
    Points Awarded:

cashmoneyholla gave Auto Donk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

texhooper gave Auto Donk 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I recently saw my 14 year old niece break down in uncontrollable sobs because her Instagram count had gone down by a few followers. Her utter grief was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever witnessed.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ted Sheckler

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Cool story Auto. What have you learned from that fiasco? You can't be around all the time with your kids.

As an adult, you can't be doing what you did to minors unless they attack you 1st. Have you shown your kids
    self defense? Sooner than later, they are going to have to defend themselves. My father showed me and was
    beneficial in school. Bullies tried their shit with me and were quickly dispatched. Never bullied again.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Cool story Auto. What have you learned from that fiasco? You can't be around all the time with your kids.

As an adult, you can't be doing what you did to minors unless they attack you 1st. Have you shown your kids
    self defense? Sooner than later, they are going to have to defend themselves. My father showed me and was
    beneficial in school. Bullies tried their shit with me and were quickly dispatched. Never bullied again.
    it happened around 9 years ago; taught them to stand up for themselves; haven't had another episode since...... I learned primarily that cops don't give a shit about justice or doing what's right in scenarios like the one I endured, and most others that I see in court on a day in, day out basis.....

as for bullying, I was in 2nd or 3rd grade when a sixth grader who lived down the street attacked me as I got off the bus. I beat the shit out of him and my reputation was pretty well made from then through 12th grade; with 2-3 minor exceptions, no one ever knowingly fuked with me again. I did manage to get myself into a brawl with half of the senior and junior classes of a little redneck town named Orange Grove, TX, outside of a dance hall in called the "High Chapparal" just outside of Corpus one night. I knocked two or three of their cowboy-hat wearing asses out, then dove into the driver's side window of a friend's passing car with 30-40 future Professional Rodeo Assocation wannabe's in hot pursuit. Used the same general technique of going straight for the biggest badass, in this case some 6'6" -6'7" "Big Texas" Ten Gallon hat wearing doof. As he approached and yelled "WHAT THE FU---" WHAP! Down he went. (I learned early in life to get the first shot in.... when it's on, no need for words! that's why he didn't even get to finish his first inquiry before he got hit....) The other rednecks seeing him drop straight to his knees, out cold, and then slowly fall over to one side -- their leader -- lol -- kind of scattered---cowboy hats flying everywhere as I went to the next closest one and popped him.... then the idiots started to gather their senses and the pack mentality began to unfold as I hit another two or three of them on the run as I began sprinting across the parking lot toward my surfer friend's moving car (I'd told him to get his car when I saw the two of us were outnumbered to a severe degree), who was driving to the rescue.... got away unscathed!

as for how I got myself into that scrape, I was exiting the dance hall when a smaller cowboy with an attitude happened to be coming in; he kind of bumped right into me, so I forearm shivered him into a row of magazine racks in the little room preceeding the main entrance to the dance hall. he fell into them and knocked one over. I went on out into the parking lot to drink a beer (place didn't sell alcohol at hi school dances). little cowboy from orange grove went and told the big contingent of OG rednecks what had happened, and half the dance hall emptied out to see Big Tex whip my ass..... u already know the rest of the story......
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 10-28-14 at 11:02 AM.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    I recently saw my 14 year old niece break down in uncontrollable sobs because her Instagram count had gone down by a few followers. Her utter grief was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever witnessed.

You should of taken of photo of her and made a spoof account in her name and send her a friend request. Label the picture of her crying "why are you guys deleting me as friends" Maybe she'll get the point, that being whiny doesn't help you make fake or real friends.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like he ripped this out of a movie, Auto's kid strolling around on crutches and Dad taking on anyone who dares clown on him

Ra77er

The real ending was Donker got laid out in front of his own kid and can no longer make eye contact with his family. Explains a lot in the poker forums.

Auto Donk

fck.... ur kid went to West U and heard the truth, huh?

Ra77er

Donker is a good dude

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6910

posted this 2 min in NFL story comment section after Romo left MNF game with injury... loved getting all the likes

i didn't grow up tho with all this bs... it's just fun to post something once in a while for the humor...

and selfies = world is going to end soon

Name:  romoinjury.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  47.4 KB