PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

What Will You Do When The Anti-Christ Appears?

Apocalypse 12:7

And there was a great battle in heaven, Michael and his angels fought with the dragon, and the dragon fought and his angels: [8] And they prevailed not, neither was their place found any more in heaven. [9] And that great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, who seduceth the whole world; and he was cast unto the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. [10] And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying: Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: because the accuser of our brethren is cast forth, who accused them before our God day and night. [11] And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of the testimony, and they loved not their lives unto death. [12] Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you that dwell therein. Woe to the earth, and to the sea, because the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, knowing that he hath but a short time.

Apocalypse 13:1

And I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten diadems, and upon his heads names of blasphemy. [2] And the beast, which I saw, was like to a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his own strength, and great power. [3] And I saw one of his heads as it were slain to death: and his death' s wound was healed. And all the earth was in admiration after the beast. [4] And they adored the dragon, which gave power to the beast: and they adored the beast, saying: Who is like to the beast? and who shall be able to fight with him? [5] And there was given to him a mouth speaking great things, and blasphemies: and power was given to him to do two and forty months.

Apocalypse 13:11

And I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns, like a lamb, and he spoke as a dragon. [12] And he executed all the power of the former beast in his sight; and he caused the earth, and them that dwell therein, to adore the first beast, whose wound to death was healed. [13] And he did great signs, so that he made also fire to come down from heaven unto the earth in the sight of men. [14] And he seduced them that dwell on the earth, for the signs, which were given him to do in the sight of the beast, saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make the image of the beast, which had the wound by the sword, and lived. [15] And it was given him to give life to the image of the beast, and that the image of the beast should speak; and should cause, that whosoever will not adore the image of the beast, should be slain. [11] Another beast: This second beast with two horns, may be understood of the heathenish priests and magicians; the principal promoters both of idolatry and persecution.
    [16] And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand, or on their foreheads. [17] And that no man might buy or sell, but he that hath the character, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. [18] Here is wisdom. He that hath understanding, let him count the number of the beast. For it is the number of a man: and the number of him is six hundred sixty-six.

What will you do when the Anti-Christ takes over?

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

piss and moan.....but still end up conforming to his healthcare mandate.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    piss and moan.....but still end up conforming to his healthcare mandate.
    Anti-Christ is going to make the time we're living in right now seem like a dream.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

What if you're in Hell right now? What if you have already lived your life, didn't choose to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and were banished to suffer right here on Earth?

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Ask her who she likes, Denver or Seattle.

Philly-- you really are occupied with the Devil lately--- what's up with that?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    What if you're in Hell right now? What if you have already lived your life, didn't choose to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and were banished to suffer right here on Earth?
    Can't be in Hell right now. To get to Hell, you must first be dead.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Ask her who she likes, Denver or Seattle.

Philly-- you really are occupied with the Devil lately--- what's up with that?
    The truth Sam?

I think we're on the verge of the Apocalypse right now.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Can't be in Hell right now. To get to Hell, you must first be dead.
    Try to use your noggin on this one, alright? What if you already died?

chilidog

The truth Sam?

I think we're on the verge of the Apocalypse right now.
    Christians have been saying this for a long, long, long time now. I do believe that the Good Book says that Christ will not return until every man and woman has learned of him. So, I think we're good to go for quite some time now, since there are many many people who have never heard of JC.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Christians have been saying this for a long, long, long time now. I do believe that the Good Book says that Christ will not return until every man and woman has learned of him. So, I think we're good to go for quite some time now, since there are many many people who have never heard of JC.
    Figure of speech, you've heard of Jesus, right? So if I were you, I would get ready because your number could be next.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Try to use your noggin on this one, alright? What if you already died?
    That's not what you said. You said banished to suffer here on earth. Earth is not Hell.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Christ doesn't come back until the Anti-Christ appears first. Then Jesus comes back to kick his ass.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Splash him in the face with Opies wifes pssy juice.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

That's not what you said. You said banished to suffer here on earth. Earth is not Hell.
    Have you been to Detroit?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: retard

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by pulledclear View Post
    Splash him in the face with Opies wifes pssy juice.
    What the fukk is up with all the Opie bashing here that I'm seeing lately?

Did Opie do something wrong to someone? Seems like a really good guy to me.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Have you been to Detroit?

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post

Figure of speech, you've heard of Jesus, right? So if I were you, I would get ready because your number could be next.
    I am one. And it's not a figure of speech, it's the Word of God. His Son isn't coming back until every single man and woman has been given the chance to accept him. I didn't make the rules; I'm just reminding you of your rules.

Prove that Earth isn't Hell. You can't. Neither can I prove that it is. It's a hypothetical question, meant to make you think. What if it's all already happened, and you are in Hell, right now, this very moment?

Christ doesn't come back until the Anti-Christ appears first. Then Jesus comes back to kick his ass.
    And your Book states a couple things worth mentioning. One is that Christ is not returning until every man and woman has been given the chance to accept him. Now, just think of alllll those people in 3rd world countries who haven't the faintest clue who your Savior is? And second, it also states that *nobody* knows when Christ is returning (including himself), so your theories and assumptions are simply asinine.

Lastly, the *only* reason that you believe as you do is because of these reasons:

1. What point in time you exist
    2. What geographic meridien you reside in
    3. Your culture

You could've just as easily been born in BCE 4500, or born in India, or born into a South American tribe. Then which Deity would you be worshipping?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Prove that Earth isn't Hell. You can't. Neither can I prove that it is. It's a hypothetical question, meant to make you think. What if it's all already happened, and you are in Hell, right now, this very moment?

And your Book states a couple things worth mentioning. One is that Christ is not returning until every man and woman has been given the chance to accept him. Now, just think of alllll those people in 3rd world countries who haven't the faintest clue who your Savior is? And second, it also states that *nobody* knows when Christ is returning (including himself), so your theories and assumptions are simply asinine.

Lastly, the *only* reason that you believe as you do is because of these reasons:

3. Your culture

You could've just as easily been born in BCE 4500, or born in India, or born into a South American tribe. Then which Deity would you be worshipping?
    I'll break down your arguments thus...

1. Prove Earth isn't Hell. We must first ask ourselves what is Hell? Scripture indicates Hell...

• as a place of torment (Lk 16:28),
    • as the netherworld (Lk 16:22),
    • as the abyss (Lk 8:31; Rev 9:1-2,11; 11:7; 17:8; 20:1,3),
    • as a fiery furnace (Mt 13:42, 50),
    • as a pool of fire (Rev 20:10, 14),
    • as a fiery pool of burning sulfur (Rev 19:20),
    • as a pool of fire and sulfur (Rev 20:10; 21:8),
    • as Tartarus (Greek mythological place of punishment)(2 Pet 2:4),
    • as Gehenna or as the fire of Gehenna (Mt 5:22, 29; 10:28; 18:9; 23:33)

As a state, Scripture speaks of Hell...

• as death (Rom 6:21; 8:6; 8:13; 2 Cor 2:14-16),
    • as the second death (Rev 2:11; 20:6; 21:8),
    • as eternal ruin (2 Thess 1:9; 1 Tim 6:9),
    • as outside darkness (Mt 8:12; 22:11-13; 25:30),
    • as eternal fire (Mt 18:8, 25:41; Jude 7),
    • as eternal punishment (Mt 25:46),
    • as destruction (Mt 7:13; Phil 1:28; 2 Pet 3:7),
    • as damnation (Mk 16:16; Jn 12:25),
    • as perishing (Jn 3:16; 10:27; Rom 2:12),
    • as unquenchable fire (Mk 9:42-47; Lk 3:17),
    • as fire and sulfur (Rev 14:9-14),
    • as thick gloom of darkness (2 Pet 2:17; Jude 13),
    • as corruption (Gal 6:8),
    • as Babylon (Rev 18; 19:1-3)

Additionally, we have the words of Christ Himself....

<dt>Mt 25: 31-46 </dt>
    <dd>(Then Jesus told the crowds and his disciples: ...) "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. ... Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' ... And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
    </dd>

2. Your second argument. Would a loving God condemn people who have never heard the Gospel?

In his 1909 volume, Systematic Theology, A.H. Strong wrote:
    Since Christ is the Word of God and the Truth of God, he may be received even by those who have not heard of his manifestation in the flesh.... We have, therefore, the hope that even among the heathen there may be some...who under the guidance of the Holy Spirit working through the truth of nature and conscience, have found the way to life and salvation.
    Karl Barth defended such a concept via what he called his “biblical universalism.” He wrote: “We have no theological right to set any sort of limits to the lovingkindness of God”. In commenting on Barth’s viewpoint, apologist Cornelius Van Til wrote:
    For Barth, man, as sinner, is, to be sure, under the wrath of God, but this wrath is, itself, a form of the all-overreaching grace of God. There is no eternal punishment for those who are in Christ [because] there are no men who are not in Christ.
    Modern-day evangelical, Neil Punt, invoked Barthian ideas in his book, Unconditional Good News, wherein he rejected the idea that sinners actually must believe and obey the gospel in order to be saved because “It is an error to think that there is anything that must be done to inherit eternal life”. In What the Bible Says about Salvation, Virgil Warren wrote:
    Even some two thousand years after the Great Commission, more people in the world have not heard the gospel than have heard it. The secret things do belong to God, but Christians and non-Christians alike cannot help wondering about the justice as well as the compassion of a God who assigns to eternal torment people who, for reasons beyond their control, never heard about fellowship with him through Jesus Christ.... Our opinion is that scripture does not automatically assign the unevangelized to endless hell.
    In their book, Answers to Tough Questions, Josh McDowell and Don Stewart stated:
    Although the Scriptures never explicitly teach that someone who has never heard of Jesus can be saved, we do not believe that it infers this. We do believe that every person will have an opportunity to repent, and that God will not exclude anyone because he happened to be born at the wrong place and at the wrong time.

Statements such as these certainly could cause some to conclude that God simply will not judge the lost, but instead will deem them worthy of eternal salvation merely (or solely!) because they never had an opportunity in their lifetimes to hear the “good news” made available to humankind through the gospel of Christ. While at first glance such a notion may appear comforting, and may appease our human sensitivities, the truth of the matter is that it has monstrous theological and spiritual implications.

First—in light of the commands inherent in the Great Commission given by the Lord Himself prior to His ascension back into heaven—how can we entertain any suggestion that the “unevangelized” will be saved? Christ’s instructions were crystal clear: “Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you...” (Matthew 28:19-20). If the view is correct that the unevangelized peoples of the world will be redeemed without ever having been exposed to (and obeying) the gospel, then potentially we could be doing them great harm if we carry out the Lord’s command and teach them the truth. By introducing them to the gospel, we might well be condemning those who otherwise would have been saved. When R.C. Sproul wrote his book, Reason to Believe, he expended considerable effort in explaining why such a position is unscriptural. He prefaced his discussion with the following statements:

The unspoken assumption at this point is that the only damnable offense against God is the rejection of Christ. Since the native is not guilty of this, we ought to let him alone. In fact, letting him alone would be the most helpful thing we could do for him. If we go to the native and inform him of Christ, we place his soul in eternal jeopardy. For now he knows of Christ, and if he refuses to respond to Him, he can no longer claim ignorance as an excuse. Hence, the best service we can render is silence.

Ponder the situation of a person who never has the opportunity to hear the gospel. If the ideas expressed in some of the above quotations are correct, then that person will be saved necessarily. But what about the person to whom we present the gospel message, and who then, of his or her own personal volition, chooses (for whatever reason) to reject it? Having spurned God’s offer of salvation through His Son, can such a one then be saved? Not according to God’s Word!
    The writer of the book of Hebrews noted:

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins” (10:26). In Luke 13:34-35, Christ Himself lamented the rejection of the gospel message by His own Jewish brethren (who had been presented with the gospel message, but had rebuffed it repeatedly).

Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem,...how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her own brood under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until ye shall say, “Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord” (Luke 13:34-35)
    Consider, too, the important spiritual principle set forth in Hebrews 6:4-6, which, although admittedly speaking about people who once had accepted Christ as their Savior and then had abandoned their faith in Him, nevertheless mentions those who at one time were “enlightened” about Who He was and the salvation He offered—only to reject both Him and that salvation. Would it not, then (if the views discussed above are correct), be better simply to keep the Word of God “a secret” from the heathen and the unevangelized so that they—as a result of their ignorance—can be saved and not be put in the position of knowing the gospel message and possibly rejecting it? In their book, I’m Glad You Asked, authors Kenneth BkofAma and Larry Moody correctly observed:

Those who have heard the Gospel and rejected it are doubly guilty—they have rejected not only the Father but also the Son. And the Scriptures are clear about the judgment which awaits those who have refused God’s offer of salvation. The wrath of God abides on them. (John 3:36; cf. Heb. 2:3; 10:26-31

3. Your argument about time and culture being factors of why we believe.

We believe because it is the truth, simply. Not because of the time of the age I live in or because my culture demands it. We believe because we know it to be true.

Why do we believe it to be true?

Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.

The question then becomes, what is Jesus' Church?

Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517. (Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)

Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.

Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established.

The Catholic Church has existed for nearly 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world. This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.

Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with a billion members: one sixth of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit.

FOUR MARKS OF THE TRUE CHURCH

If we wish to locate the Church founded by Jesus, we need to locate the one that has the four chief marks or qualities of his Church. The Church we seek must be one, holy, catholic, and apostolic.
    The Church Is One (Rom. 12:5, 1 Cor. 10:17, 12:13, CCC 813–822)

Jesus established only one Church, not a collection of differing churches (Lutheran, Baptist, Anglican, and so on). The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ (Eph. 5:23–32). Jesus can have but one spouse, and his spouse is the Catholic Church.
    His Church also teaches just one set of doctrines, which must be the same as those taught by the apostles (Jude 3). This is the unity of belief to which Scripture calls us (Phil. 1:27, 2:2).
    Although some Catholics dissent from officially-taught doctrines, the Church’s official teachers—the pope and the bishops united with him—have never changed any doctrine. Over the centuries, as doctrines are examined more fully, the Church comes to understand them more deeply (John 16:12–13), but it never understands them to mean the opposite of what they once meant.
    The Church Is Holy (Eph. 5:25–27, Rev. 19:7–8, CCC 823–829)

By his grace Jesus makes the Church holy, just as he is holy. This doesn’t mean that each member is always holy. Jesus said there would be both good and bad members in the Church (John 6:70), and not all the members would go to heaven (Matt. 7:21–23).
    But the Church itself is holy because it is the source of holiness and is the guardian of the special means of grace Jesus established, the sacraments (cf. Eph. 5:26).
    The Church Is Catholic (Matt. 28:19–20, Rev. 5:9–10, CCC 830–856)

Jesus’ Church is called catholic ("universal" in Greek) because it is his gift to all people. He told his apostles to go throughout the world and make disciples of "all nations" (Matt. 28:19–20).
    For 2,000 years the Catholic Church has carried out this mission, preaching the good news that Christ died for all men and that he wants all of us to be members of his universal family (Gal. 3:28).
    Nowadays the Catholic Church is found in every country of the world and is still sending out missionaries to "make disciples of all nations" (Matt. 28:19).
    The Church Jesus established was known by its most common title, "the Catholic Church," at least as early as the year 107, when Ignatius of Antioch used that title to describe the one Church Jesus founded. The title apparently was old in Ignatius’s time, which means it probably went all the way back to the time of the apostles.
    The Church Is Apostolic (Eph. 2:19–20, CCC 857–865)

The Church Jesus founded is apostolic because he appointed the apostles to be the first leaders of the Church, and their successors were to be its future leaders. The apostles were the first bishops, and, since the first century, there has been an unbroken line of Catholic bishops faithfully handing on what the apostles taught the first Christians in Scripture and oral Tradition (2 Tim. 2:2).
    These beliefs include the bodily Resurrection of Jesus, the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, the sacrificial nature of the Mass, the forgiveness of sins through a priest, baptismal regeneration, the existence of purgatory, Mary’s special role, and much more —even the doctrine of apostolic succession itself.
    Early Christian writings prove the first Christians were thoroughly Catholic in belief and practice and looked to the successors of the apostles as their leaders. What these first Christians believed is still believed by the Catholic Church. No other Church can make that claim.

I bid you a good day, Chili.

chilidog

I'll break down your arguments thus...
    Except, you seem to keep ignoring this little part:

3. Your culture

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's an amazing stroke of luck and coincidence that 99.99% of religious kids follow the one true God* and religion

*whichever one their parents also believe in

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

not post about it at a sports gambling forum thats for sure

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Except, you seem to keep ignoring this little part:

3. Your culture

You obviously have a reading comprehension issue going on. I most certainly answered this already but I'll do so again in the hope you will be able to comprehend it this time.

It doesn't matter what point in time you exist in nor your culture nor your geography. You cannot tell God at what point in time to make His Divine Revelations to man. God alone decides it.

At some point, in human history, God decided to reveal the Son of Man for the purposes of redeeming mankind. I have already addressed the issues you bring up from people who never heard of the gospels to the recognizing of the true Church that Christ left behind for us.

Please take the time to re-read my response carefully.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Yes, there's a hell on earth. Just turn on the news, they will tell you all about it.
    But, there's also a heaven on earth. You might have to dig a little deeper in the news, but you can find it.
    Plenty of heart warming stories of people helping one another.

I was made to go to church until 18 and haven't been back since. Saw too much back rubbing to further their
    business or just needed a place to be social or do things. Was there every Sunday. Come Christmas and Easter,
    you saw people you never did before. It was the only time they would come. Hypocritical to me.

Nominate me to do things I really didn't want to do. Youth council president, alter boy or collection plate handler.
    I was a shy pimple puss introvert, they didn't take no for an answer. Fuk that, I'm gone!

I believe there's an after life which is our main hang out. I believe in the after life, there are things we need or want
    to know and the only way to learn about it is to live it. That's why we come here, to learn.

The hell we experience here is probably of our own doing. As several has said in here, the bible is the word of men.
    Some might be the word of god, but written by men. (Bible, Book of Mormon, Koran and others) To throw in revelations
    and hell is only to scare men into being obedient sheep.

Live your life and learn from your mistakes, that's why you are here. GL men.

pulledclear

Hey fck stain. Lay off the caffeine. Thanks!

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Pulled don't you have something better to do, like kill yourself?

pulledclear

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I like caffeine, pussy.

pulledclear

It doesnt like you.

pulledclear

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

This kid worships Jewsus but hate's jew's. Lost soul this one

sbrhedge
    sbrhedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

What will you do when the Anti-Christ takes over?
    i will start buying stocks.

chilidog

Ahh but you see, you're still not getting it. Had you been into a different culture, and/or at a different time, perhaps you would've worshipped the Sun instead? And you would've believed, with every fiber of your being, that the Sun created everything. Nobody could convince you otherwise.

See my point? You believe in the Christian God because you were told to. Because the majority of the people around you believe in him. Just as you would've worshipped the Sun had you been born in a different era, because you would've been told to; because everybody else also believed in (and worshipped) the Sun.

You obviously have a reading comprehension issue going on. I most certainly answered this already but I'll do so again in the hope you will be able to comprehend it this time.

It doesn't matter what point in time you exist in nor your culture nor your geography. You cannot tell God at what point in time to make His Divine Revelations to man. God alone decides it.

At some point, in human history, God decided to reveal the Son of Man for the purposes of redeeming mankind. I have already addressed the issues you bring up from people who never heard of the gospels to the recognizing of the true Church that Christ left behind for us.

Please take the time to re-read my response carefully.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Ahh but you see, you're still not getting it. Had you been into a different culture, and/or at a different time, perhaps you would've worshipped the Sun instead? And you would've believed, with every fiber of your being, that the Sun created everything. Nobody could convince you otherwise.

See my point? You believe in the Christian God because you were told to. Because the majority of the people around you believe in him. Just as you would've worshipped the Sun had you been born in a different era, because you would've been told to; because everybody else also believed in (and worshipped) the Sun.
    Possibly. But that still wouldn't make the Divinity of Christ, the truth of Him being the Son of God, His Ministry, His Church, and Him being humanity's only Redeemer, any less true.

Remember, that every single soul who ever lived before Christ came into the world was offered His salvation after Christ died and descended into Hell. You do remember that after He died he descended into Hell don't you?

Therefore, whether I lived in the time before He came or worshipped the sun, would not have mattered in the end anyway.
    Last edited by PhillyFlyers; 01-23-14 at 04:35 PM.

chilidog

Christianity was founded in the early 1st century CE. The rules that you are explaining would not have applied to earlier religions. Other religions that predate Christianity had their own set of beliefs. Christ did not exist in those earlier religions.

Possibly. But that still wouldn't make the Divinity of Christ, the truth of Him being the Son of God, His Ministry, His Church, and Him being humanity's only Redeemer, any less true.

Remember, that every single soul who ever lived before Christ came into the world was offered His salvation after Christ died and descended into Hell. You do remember that after He died he descended into Hell don't you?

Therefore, whether I lived in the time before He came or worshipped the sun, would not have mattered in the end anyway.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Flyers, I like some of your threads. Entertaining. I read one a year ago about when the demons come out and everything is black and you could only use candles with beeswax. It bothered me for awhile so I don't read ones like this anymore. I don't want to think about it too much.

12 Last