PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Massive riots expected in many US cities

Massive riots, huge crime waves expected in many US cities

A girl pictured paying for her mother's groceries using Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) tokens, more commonly known as Food Stamps, in New York.

47.6 million Americans are about to have their food stamp benefits cut, and most of them have absolutely no idea that it is about to happen.

Needless to say, a lot of them are going to be very angry when they discover that they cannot buy as much food for their families anymore. The reason that this is happening is because a temporary boost to food stamp benefits that was put in during the last recession is expiring. But most of the people that are having their benefits cut will not understand this.

Most of them will just be very upset that the government is “taking money away” from them. And considering the “mini-riots” that we witnessed earlier this month when the system that processes food stamp payments went down for a few hours, it is obvious that a lot of food stamp recipients can very easily be pushed over the edge. So what would happen if we have another “debt ceiling crisis” in Washington D.C. early next year and food stamp benefits are temporarily cut off completely?

Wherever “austerity” has been tried in Europe, it has resulted in protests and riots. Could a similar thing happen in this country?

NBC News is reporting that ALL food stamp recipients are going to have their food stamp benefits reduced in November. This is certainly not going to put those living in poverty in a good mood…

Millions of American families could face a sparse holiday table when food stamps benefits get reduced in November, and that could be just the start of deeper cuts to the program to feed poor families.

The modern-day food stamp plan, now called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, is scheduled to scale back benefits for all recipients on Nov. 1 because a recession-era boost in benefits is expiring.

Sadly, the truth is that food stamp benefits don’t even buy a lot of food right now. According to the USDA, the average monthly food stamp benefit is approximately $272 per household.

And now it will be even lower.

The government says that a family of four will be getting 36 dollars less per month starting on November 1st.

That may not sound like a lot to you, but for those living on the edge of poverty it can make a huge difference.

What are impoverished families supposed to do? Eat a diet that consists entirely of Ramen noodles?

Of course the real solution would be to provide good paying jobs for those families, but unfortunately our leaders continue to pursue policies that are systematically killing American jobs so that is not going to happen.

Meanwhile, those living in poverty continue to become angrier and more frustrated.

We got a glimpse of this earlier this month. The following is a brief excerpt from a recent article posted on offgridsurvival.com…

Over the weekend, the debit system that allows people on government assistance to buy food, temporarily went down. The resulting chaos is a small glimpse at what I believe will happen, should the government plunge this country into some sort of economic collapse.

A couple of Walmarts in Louisiana decided to allow people to shop, even though the system was down and they had no real way of knowing how much credit people had on their cards. The resulting chaos had the store’s shelves in Springhill and Mansfield, LA stripped bare, as food stamp recipients attempted to defraud the grocery stores.

When the system went back online, the grocery store found people who had as little as .49 on their Food Stamp cards attempting to steal over $700 in food. Local police were called in as the crowd started to turn ugly, and overflowing grocery carts were left abandoned in the aisles.

But this is just the beginning. To get an idea of what is eventually coming to America, just check out what is happening in Italy right now…

Demonstrators clashed with Italian police on Saturday as tens of thousands marched through Rome to protest against unemployment, government cuts and big construction projects they say take money away from social services.

Hooded protesters turned over garbage bins in front of the Economy Ministry and set several of them on fire. Using sticks and clubs, they attacked police in riot gear. The police charged and chased demonstrators up side streets.

The hooded demonstrators, who infiltrated a mostly peaceful protest, threw smoke bombs, eggs and bottles at the ministry and broke the window of a nearby bank.

As poverty continues to grow and government handouts continue to get cut back, the desperation of those living in poverty in this country is going to continue to increase.

At this moment, there are 6 million Americans in the 16 to 24-year-old age group that are neither in school or working. In fact, a whole bunch of major U.S. cities currently have more than 100,000 “idle youth” living in them…

Just look at some of the nation’s largest cities. Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Miami, Philadelphia, New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta and Riverside, Calif., all have more than 100,000 idle youth, the Opportunity Nation report found.

It is only a matter of time until we see massive riots and huge crime waves in many of those cities.

The conditions for a “perfect storm” are already here.

All we need is a spark.

According to a brand new Pew Research survey, only 19 percent of all Americans trust the government. Back in 1958, 73 percent of all Americans trusted the government.

Right now, only 23 percent of all Americans have a favorable view of Congress. Back in 1985, 67 percent of all Americans did.

Anger and frustration are growing and our society is breaking down all around us.

Get ready while you still can.

AGB/AGB

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Good

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm down. The masses of this country needed to take to the streets a decade ago.

This is without a doubt a sensationalizing piece with fear-mongering being the center point of the article.

People read this and think broke, thug minorities everywhere will be flocking to the streets to break shit. They fail to realize this is far from a racial issue as the vast number of people on food stamp are white. However, due to the demographic of poor people in cities, which is what this article is aimed at, there is a good possibility the riots in large cities will be in large part a minority block party.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Time to stop buying junk food and start eating healthier.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    I'm down. The masses of this country needed to take to the streets a decade ago.
    If I were in that situation, I would take it to the job placement office rather than the streets. When the free money stops coming in, it's time to go to work.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I take it that you have never bought groceries in your entire life...........

Junk food is as cheap as dirt...........

Healthy food is as expensive as caviar.............

Get the picture?

Slightly exaggerated to send the POINT directly into your noggin............

ChalkyDog

If I were in that situation, I would take it to the job placement office rather than the streets. When the free money stops coming in, it's time to go to work.
    I don't give a shit what you're protesting. Just fukkin protest.

Apathetic citizens of this country are not helping.

You go to an office, and the amount of change you will effect there will be some snotty bitch giving you the "company policy" bureaucratic mind drain that makes you want to set fire to the earth.

Take that shit into the streets. This is America for christ sake. Oppressed citizens of other nations take to the streets more often than we do.

We'd rather sit on our couches, stuff our faces, and yell at the talking heads who are stuck on trivial issues. Instead of marching down to Town Hall and demand satisfaction.

I haven't protested in years. Depending on what transpires, I might join these fukkers out of spite for the government.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 10-22-13 at 05:19 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

Kermit

Protesting in the streets is a worthless waste of time and energy.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

Get the picture?

Rather than buying a XL bag of Doritos and Salsa dip for $7.00, you an buy actual food that you can prepare that will go alot further than a 2 hour binge.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

Kermit

I have seen so many Democrats out there buying candy and junk food with their EBT cards that it is sickening.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

No point if you don't educate people on how to eat healthier and make healthy food financially viable as the price of most fresh produce really is out of reach of the common man, even if they do have a job...

ChalkyDog

I have seen so many Democrats out there buying candy and junk food with their EBT cards that it is sickening.
    Were they card carrying democrats? Must be, how else could you tell?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBRMAN23

PAULYPOKER

ChalkyDog

I can't even agree to disagree here.

Taking to the streets is fundamental to a healthy America.

The next best thing is make a boat load of money, hire a lobbying firm, spend a bunch of your boatload of money to solicit votes that go your agenda's way. However, I wouldn't call that healthy for this nation.

The shitheads in suits in congress sure as shit aren't representative.

coanwe
    coanwe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7309

Those that work 10 hr. days don't have time to "take it to the streets". Too busy EARNING money to buy groceries.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    No point if you don't educate people on how to eat healthier and make healthy food financially viable as the price of most fresh produce really is out of reach of the common man
    Nonsense. You can go to the store and buy a loaf of wheat bread, a pack of sliced turkey, a head of lettuce, and a jar of mayo for about 10 bucks and feed your whole family.

I am not talking switching over to vegan and living on fruits and veggies. Just eliminating junk food, which American's eat too much of anyways. This country is near the top when it comes to fattest country in the world.

Kermit

I know who they voted for. It's easy to tell. They are living the Democrat way of life.

PAULYPOKER

Nonsense. You can go to the store and buy a loaf of wheat bread, a pack of sliced turkey, a head of lettuce, and a jar of mayo for about 10 bucks and feed your whole family.

I am not talking switching over to vegan and living on fruits and veggies. Just eliminating junk food, which American's eat too much of anyways. This country is near the top when it comes to fattest country in the world.

Holy H E double FUKKIN hockey sticks!!!

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

That's not exactly healthy eating (mayo is SO fattening). Thought you were referring to a proper all round diet...

Make it cost competitive and I think you'll find that a lot of people would switch to the healthier alternatives...

The will in the people exists, the spare dollars in their pockets does not and at the end of the day money will always be chief decision maker..

Kermit

So Pauly, what part didn't you understand there?

Do you think that I am lying about what people are spending their EBT accounts on? I personally know of people that sell off their EBT money for 50 cents on the dollar because they don't need it and are getting it anyways.

I would say that out of everyone getting EBT assistance, 50% don't even really need it. Maybe that is why they are using it to buy mostly junk food. Hell, there are liquor store accepting it. How fukked up is that?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    That's not exactly healthy eating (mayo is SO fattening). Thought you were referring to a proper all round diet...

Make it cost competitive and I think you'll find that a lot of people would switch to the healthier alternatives...

The will in the people exists, the spare dollars in their pockets does not and at the end of the day money will always be chief decision maker..
    I am more or less talking about not blowing your $250 monthly allowance on bags of chips and candy and instead buying actual food.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

They fail to realize this is far from a racial issue as the vast number of people on food stamp are white.
    This is a classic example of a liberal (I assume Chalky is a democrat just by this one statement) spinning the truth and PURPOSEFULLY distorting the facts. 73% of America consists of whites with around 12% black, 9% Asian and 6% other. If you break it down on a percentage basis which is the only thing that has any real meaning, blacks collect food stamps and other government entitlements at a rate far higher than any other minority group. People who spend their lives on government assistance such as SNAP programs DESERVE to struggle as much as possible as that is the only way they will ever decide to get up off their lazy rear ends and get a job. As far as these people rioting in the streets, that would amount to a joke as their combined IQ's are well under 100 and they would be disposed of quickly. The best thing the country could do is open fire on them when they riot in the streets as these people provide ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to this country except have more children who will collect government benefits from the womb to the tomb. The best answer to this problem is to eliminate all of these welfare benefits for able bodied adults and if they have kids that they can't take care of, then its off to tax payer funded foster care with them. There is a job available in this country for EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL WHO ACTUALLY WANTS ONE!!! For those that refuse to work, LET THEM STARVE!!!

ChalkyDog

Do you think that I am lying about what people are spending their EBT accounts on? I personally know of people that sell off their EBT money for 50 cents on the dollar because they don't need it and are getting it anyways.

I would say that out of everyone getting EBT assistance, 50% don't even really need it. Maybe that is why they are using it to buy mostly junk food. Hell, there are liquor store accepting it. Howe fukked up is that?
    Having some working experience with this, 50% is wildly exaggerated.

The poor and the temporarily displaced are being assaulted, and the weapon of choice by those doing the assaulting are these rare instances of abuse, which they successfully convince people are more common than they really are.

Across the nation, I would say you might have a 5%-10% of enrolled gaming the system. Sadly, that minority of people are the stories paraded out by certain individuals as proof of wide spread abuse.

I will also not hesitate to say of those people abusing the system, democrats and republicans are equally represented.

PAULYPOKER

I would say that out of everyone getting EBT assistance, 50% don't even really need it. Maybe that is why they are using it to buy mostly junk food. Hell, there are liquor store accepting it. How fukked up is that?

Get the picture?

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    This is a classic example of a liberal (I assume Chalky is a democrat just by this one statement) spinning the truth and PURPOSEFULLY distorting the facts. 73% of America consists of whites with around 12% black, 9% Asian and 6% other. If you break it down on a percentage basis which is the only thing that has any real meaning, blacks collect food stamps and other government entitlements at a rate far higher than any other minority group. People who spend their lives on government assistance such as SNAP programs DESERVE to struggle as much as possible as that is the only way they will ever decide to get up off their lazy rear ends and get a job. As far as these people rioting in the streets, that would amount to a joke as their combined IQ's are well under 100 and they would be disposed of quickly. The best thing the country could do is open fire on them when they riot in the streets as these people provide ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to this country except have more children who will collect government benefits from the womb to the tomb. The best answer to this problem is to eliminate all of these welfare benefits for able bodied adults and if they have kids that they can't take care of, then its off to tax payer funded foster care with them. There is a job available in this country for EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL WHO ACTUALLY WANTS ONE!!! For those that refuse to work, LET THEM STARVE!!!
    Right, and I will presume you believe the criminal justice system isn't purposefully setup in a way to discriminate against minorities.

You assumed wrong, bud. I am obviously more left leaning than the nut fukks thinking Obama is going to take my guns, and I believe in excess personal freedoms, but I would say that I am far from a democrat.

Rachel Maddow terrifies me only slightly less than Rush Limbaugh, but that is mainly due to ratings.

For purposes of clarification, I didn't even say the vast majority of welfare recipients are white, which is exactly what I presume you read and understood it to say.

PAULYPOKER

Right, and I will presume you believe the criminal justice system isn't purposefully setup in a way to discriminate against minorities.

You assumed wrong, bud. I am obviously more left leaning than the nut fukks thinking Obama is going to take my guns, and I believe in excess personal freedoms, but I would say that I am far from a democrat.

Rachel Maddow terrifies me only slightly less than Rush Limbaugh, but that is mainly due to ratings.
    I would not even respond to that ALL yin and absolutely no yang minded POS.........

People like Wend are the wrench in the spokes of true FREEDOM in this world............

Kermit

Sorry, junk food is not cheap as dirt. What does a 1.5 ounce Candy Bar cost these days? $1.50?

Not a very smart way to spend your budgeted allowance if you ask me.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I disagree to some degree. Their are grocery stores everywhere that have bulk bins. Big bag of rice, big bag of beans, big bag of oats, milk, chicken thighs in bulk, etc. From what I'm told, fruits and veggies can be quite costly if you're not buying in season (in the States), so I agree with you on this one. Using cronometer.com, I was curious how cheaply I could fully nourish a person, giving them a minimum of 100% of the RDI, and I could do it on less than $3 USD per day, and that's with prices down here in Costa Rica. US prices are cheaper for most stuff.

Get the picture?

chilidog

I wish that every US resident could see how Costa Ricans protest in the streets, because it truly works. You get thousands and thousands of people clogging the streets, public workers shutting down services, public transit shutting down, etc., then the government starts to listen in a hurry.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    I wish that every US resident could see how Costa Ricans protest in the streets, because it truly works. You get thousands and thousands of people clogging the streets, public workers shutting down services, public transit shutting down, etc., then the government starts to listen in a hurry.
    But why protest and cause aggravation and problems to others that are not involved in the protests? Is it fair to interfere in someone else's life to meet the agenda of a small group of people?

Like those people in Texas and California that took their George Zimmerman protests to the highway, meanwhile people who actually have jobs can't get home from work because some idiots with nothing better to do are blocking the highway preventing them from going about their business. What did that prove other than to show how to piss people off?

chilidog

Yeah, to hell with other people, right?

But why protest and cause aggravation and problems to others that are not involved in the protests? Is it fair to interfere in someone else's life to meet the agenda of a small group of people?

Like those people in Texas and California that took their George Zimmerman protests to the highway, meanwhile people who actually have jobs can't get home from work because some idiots with nothing better to do are blocking the highway preventing them from going about their business. What did that prove other than to show how to piss people off?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Yeah, to hell with other people, right?

I just don't understand why a small group of people who want to be different or demand change feel they have the right to alter everyone else's lives, that's all.

Why should my drive home be disrupted and halted by some people with nothing better to do than protest something that doesn't even concern them or me?

chilidog

Because it keeps the government in line. Eventually, something will affect you.

I just don't understand why a small group of people who want to be different or demand change feel they have the right to alter everyone else's lives, that's all.

Why should my drive home be disrupted and halted by some people with nothing better to do than protest something that doesn't even concern them or me?

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

This is what is wrong with our country.

These programs are abused.

I have no problems with helping a single mom, but I've seen people shopping with a food stamp card. And some of them simply are abusing the programs.

chilidog

Imagine there were no government assistance whatosever. Imagine that if you didn't work, you didn't eat. If you were truly disabled, you had to rely on your family to take care of you. Now imagine how many countries out there don't have any government assistance programs for their citizens, and they get by just fine.

12 Last