wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Best E-Cig on the mareket is called Hi Tech. has helped me quit smoking.

this thing is the real deal boys. I went the E-cig route before and tried the EoN brand but this Hi Tech brand is top of the line. best on the market. I was/am Newport smoker....almost a pack a day.

I'm down to a pack every 3 days cause of this thing. and half of the time when I go to smoke a real cigarette I don't even want to finish it.

This thing is awesome. It comes in a plastic case that is the size of a real cigarette pack that holds the e cig and 2 screw on menthol flavors and the usb charger. 24.99.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Good info... great that it's workin for ya, WJ.

My dad died years ago a young man due to smoking... wasn't pretty... too bad a product like this wasn't around for him as he tried to quit many times.

Gentlemen... dying of lung cancer is HORRIBLE. Beyond your worst nightmares. Get off the smokes!

Try stuff like this.
    Points Awarded:

GUMMO77 gave BiTeMe UsAdOj 13 SBR Point(s) for this post.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

What's so hard about just not smoking a cigarette? At my worst I was going through 2 packs of Marlboro Reds a day. One day, I was just tired of constantly coughing, feeling overall like crap, smelling bad, etc., and I just quit. First 3 or so days were rather hard but after that it was pretty easy.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    What's so hard about just not smoking a cigarette? At my worst I was going through 2 packs of Marlboro Reds a day. One day, I was just tired of constantly coughing, feeling overall like crap, smelling bad, etc., and I just quit. First 3 or so days were rather hard but after that it was pretty easy.
    i love when people say shit like this.

its different for everyone.

chillidog whats so hard about just not placing one bet on NFL Sunday?
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave wagerjunkie 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    i love when people say shit like this.

its different for everyone.

chillidog whats so hard about just not placing one bet on NFL Sunday?
    How's it different for everyone? It's about willpower and realizing that you're not going to let some stupid drug control you, especially one where you get little benefits from.

There's a book by Allen Carr called The Easy Way to Stop Smoking. You can download the pdf right here: http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010...5b7234a829.pdf

Read it. It truly does work. It actually tells you in the book when to light up another cigarette. It really is mind over matter.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

How's it different for everyone? It's about willpower and realizing that you're not going to let some stupid drug control you, especially one where you get little benefits from.

There's a book by Allen Carr called The Easy Way to Stop Smoking. You can download the pdf right here: http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010...5b7234a829.pdf

Read it. It truly does work. It actually tells you in the book when to light up another cigarette. It really is mind over matter.
    Answered your own question there. In part its willpower which is different from person to person.
    Other reasons are how long you have been smoking, your age and general health, why you are smoking and how many cigs you smoke per day - and how many are "social" cigarettes.
    Also drugs react differently to people, People are different.
    Good for you quitting cold turkey, but no need to act like a smart ass because of it.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave onemoregoal 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

chilidog

It's not in part about willpower - it's entirely about willpower. Cigarettes have no benefits; people smoke them to control the withdrawal symptoms. Their withdrawal symptoms won't kill you.

It doesn't matter how long you've been smoking; your age nor health have nothing to do with it, either. Your reasons for smoking, the quantity you smoke - none of these things matter. You either want to quit or you don't. When a person truly decides to quit, they quit. The rest is nothing more than excuses (and I used them many times myself). I tried to quit many times, but only because I knew I should - not because I actually wanted to.

Once I actually decided to quit, only the first ~3 days were difficult. Once the drug leaves your system, you're good to go. You really have to finally figure out that you get nothing from cigarettes. They don't relax you - the withdrawal is causing the anxiety/stress in the first place.

Think of it this way ... people smoke just to feel like non-smokers do; they're just trying to feel normal again.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    Answered your own question there. In part its willpower which is different from person to person.
    Other reasons are how long you have been smoking, your age and general health, why you are smoking and how many cigs you smoke per day - and how many are "social" cigarettes.
    Also drugs react differently to people, People are different.
    Good for you quitting cold turkey, but no need to act like a smart ass because of it.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

You are assuming everyone will think like you are thinking. Some people need help, some dont - thats how it is. People in the UK are advised to see their doctor when quitting cigarettes (and losing weight)
    The people who you should have a problem with and preach to are the smokers who refuse to quit by any means, not a friendly topic on how an E cig is helping someone.

"In a way, going "cold turkey" is the most popular way to quit smoking. Most smokers try this strategy—stopping all at once without the help of medication, nicotine replacement methods, or any formal therapy—on their first attempt to give up cigarettes. But only about 3% to 10% are actually able to kick the habit without help. "
    http://www.health.com/health/conditi...213802,00.html
    Last edited by onemoregoal; 09-18-13 at 11:06 AM.

wagerjunkie

when it comes to addiction in the brain...which cigarette smoking is...there is no such thing as "willpower"

wagerjunkie

You are assuming everyone will think like you are thinking. Some people need help, some dont - thats how it is. People in the UK are advised to see their doctor when quitting cigarettes (and losing weight)
    The people who you should have a problem with and preach to are the smokers who refuse to quit by any means, not a friendly topic on how an E cig is helping someone.

"In a way, going "cold turkey" is the most popular way to quit smoking. Most smokers try this strategy—stopping all at once without the help of medication, nicotine replacement methods, or any formal therapy—on their first attempt to give up cigarettes. But only about 3% to 10% are actually able to kick the habit without help. "
    http://www.health.com/health/conditi...213802,00.html

doesn't work that way.

otherwise we'd all be drones.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

congrats on quitting man.

Never smoked cigarettes, but marijuana I smoke like a fukkin muffler

wagerjunkie

It's not in part about willpower - it's entirely about willpower. Cigarettes have no benefits; people smoke them to control the withdrawal symptoms. Their withdrawal symptoms won't kill you.

It doesn't matter how long you've been smoking; your age nor health have nothing to do with it, either. Your reasons for smoking, the quantity you smoke - none of these things matter. You either want to quit or you don't. When a person truly decides to quit, they quit. The rest is nothing more than excuses (and I used them many times myself). I tried to quit many times, but only because I knew I should - not because I actually wanted to.

Once I actually decided to quit, only the first ~3 days were difficult. Once the drug leaves your system, you're good to go. You really have to finally figure out that you get nothing from cigarettes. They don't relax you - the withdrawal is causing the anxiety/stress in the first place.

Think of it this way ... people smoke just to feel like non-smokers do; they're just trying to feel normal again.
    what happened to your so called will power those times?

there is no such thing as will power when it comes to addiction.

addiction completely controls any will power what so ever.

the part I agree with is, deep down YOU can only change and YOU have to really want it for yourself, truly and deeply. no reservations. once you get that set mind frame, it is easy slope from there but still a battle..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

whats the best e-cig for weed?

chilidog

what happened to your so called will power those times?

there is no such thing as will power when it comes to addiction.

addiction completely controls any will power what so ever.

the part I agree with is, deep down YOU can only change and YOU have to really want it for yourself, truly and deeply. no reservations. once you get that set mind frame, it is easy slope from there but still a battle..
    I already explained that; I never actually wanted to quit - I tried to quit because I knew that I should. I know that smoking is bad for you, but I wasn't suffering from any health issues (that I knew of). The addiction was working its' charm. When I actually starting having health issues from smoking, I really did want to quit smoking, and I did. I can't say that it was easy, it was hard as fukk for the first ~3 days. Mind over matter.

Your answer lies in your last paragraph. What does nicotine provide for you that causes you to want to continue smoking (delivery mechanism doesn't really matter)?

chilidog

You are assuming everyone will think like you are thinking.
    Given the proper resources, anybody can approach it the way I did. I linked him to the pdf that I read that changed it for me. Quitting a nicotine addiction by consuming more nicotine just doesn't make any kind of sense at all.

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never quit

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Here's something I can't figure out..I've done 120 days in county a couple of times..Not a single physical withdrawl symptom, none, never even thought about a cig.

Other times when I've tried to quit smoking, I'm climbing the fuking walls.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Here's something I can't figure out..I've done 120 days in county a couple of times..Not a single physical withdrawl symptom, none, never even thought about a cig.

not being a smart ass but in being locked up in the pen you are worrying about protecting yourself and a lot of other shit, smoking cigarettes is probably the last thing on your mind, if you are scared shit less

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

i've got a good solution to never starting...

Grow up in a cloud of smoke that your parents put you in. Gasping for clean air all the time is a critical thing to making people, like me, abhor it so much i shutter to even touch a pack of smokes

wouldn't smoke for anything

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

not being a smart ass but in being locked up in the pen you are worrying about protecting yourself and a lot of other shit, smoking cigarettes is probably the last thing on your mind, if you are scared shit less

wow lol, Lay off the television bro..Jail is not "the pen" and jail is nothing but boredom and playing spades/dominoes.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Good info... great that it's workin for ya, WJ.

My dad died years ago a young man due to smoking... wasn't pretty... too bad a product like this wasn't around for him as he tried to quit many times.

Gentlemen... dying of lung cancer is HORRIBLE. Beyond your worst nightmares. Get off the smokes!

Try stuff like this.

Sorry to hear about your old man, Bite.

It's been almost 3 years since I smoked and I'm very thankful for that.

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

thats great man.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Given the proper resources, anybody can approach it the way I did. I linked him to the pdf that I read that changed it for me. Quitting a nicotine addiction by consuming more nicotine just doesn't make any kind of sense at all.
    Patch worked for me. Don't buy the generic brand, buy the brand name. Follow the program to the letter.
    Lozenges and gum will make you addicted to them. My aunt quit using lozenges and has been addicted to
    them for 20 years.

Even using the patch, it was hard. I took the herb St Johns wort a couple of times a day to take the edge off.

You must, before using the patch, get rid of all cigarette items. Ashtrays, left over packs and butts.
    Stay away from smokers at least a week so you're not tempted. Smoking while having a patch on
    will make you sick.

Do Not put the patch on before bed. Horrendous, vivid, colorful dreams/ nightmares will happen.
    Put it on in the morning after your shower. I used my left upper arm as a delivery point instead
    of all over the place.

I quit coughing from day one. Hope this advice helps someone. GL

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Situational.

Being in jail you are out of your normal element and routine, so your usual triggers aren't a factor.

Not exactly the same thing, but when I went to visit my parents and didn't smoke at all (my mom is allergic and I was a 2+ pack/day guy) I hardly, if ever, thought about it. But when I got back home, I'd chain smoke to catch up and hit the my stride very fast.

Like weed (many would disagree but I believe it's true) cigarettes are routine and truly a habit. I quit smoking weed --I smoked daily for 13 years straight --and that was even more difficult to quit.

vinnievibes
    vinnievibes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

wagerjunkie, does that brand have a menthol flavor..i was gonna pick up the blu brand..there's so many of them out there..i read the reviews on countless ecigs and my head is spinning..it's for my wife..she smokes tareyton..the local convenience stores are selling them for 32 bucks

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by vinnievibes View Post
    wagerjunkie, does that brand have a menthol flavor..i was gonna pick up the blu brand..there's so many of them out there..i read the reviews on countless ecigs and my head is spinning..it's for my wife..she smokes tareyton..the local convenience stores are selling them for 32 bucks
    yup I have the menthol flavor.

my first choice was to go with the blu brand but the guy at the store was like no no get the Hi Tech, this is the top of line on the market and it is.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Thanks,

I've been smoking Marlboro Reds for about 10 years...

When I drink (which as you know is quite often) its easy a pack...

Barely smoke when I'm not drinking...

Just can't imagine drinking w/o a smoke, maybe I'll try this
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 09-20-13 at 09:19 PM.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

Again, not everyone thinks the same.
    If it really didnt make "sense at all" then doctors wouldnt be recommending them.
    Maybe if doctors read your pdf file, they will realise their mistakes over the past 10-20 years and all the various aids of helping smokers quit, will disappear off the market.... maybe.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Thanks,

I've been smoking Marlboro Reds for about 10 years...

When I drink (which as you know is quite often) its easy a pack...

Barely smoke when I'm not drinking...

Just can't imagine drinking w/o a smoke, maybe I'll try this
    bro like I said I'm a Newport smoker so i feel u.

this def aint something tho that's gonna kill your craving while drinking. specially when your smoking reds. too hard to kill cravings when drinking but ya guess cant hurt trying?

wagerjunkie

while drunk you'll just feel like your blowing out air lol but it give it a shot?