PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jackie Robinson Sucked

.311 BA, 1500 hits.

What's so fukkin special about this guy other than the fact that he was a darkie?

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

You're mom should have sucked more.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Stay classy Philly.

Trolling much? This coming from a guy who posts alien conspiracy theories. Jesus Cripes.

Do you really need someone to explain the significance of Jackie Robinson to you?

If you don't get it. The alternative is to smash your skull in with a hammer. That may knock some sense into you.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Two nitwits who can't answer the question.

There is no reason this guy should be in the Hall of Fame with these numbers.

I have an idea.

Why doesn't baseball put into the Hall of Fame.....the first Italian player, the first Irish player, the first Latino player, the first Jewish player, the first English player, the first Spanish player, the first Cuban player, the first Mexican player, the first Canadian player, the first French player, the first German player, the first Japanese player, the first Korean player, the first Brazilian player, the first Chilean player, the first Argentinian player?

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Two nitwits who can't answer the question.

There is no reason this guy should be in the Hall of Fame with these numbers.

I have an idea.

Why doesn't baseball put into the Hall of Fame.....the first Italian player, the first Irish player, the first Latino player, the first Jewish player, the first English player, the first Spanish player, the first Cuban player, the first Mexican player, the first Canadian player, the first French player, the first German player, the first Japanese player, the first Korean player, the first Brazilian player, the first Chilean player, the first Argentinian player?
    Here's the part you don't understand fukface.

Without Jackie Robinson-- there is NO first Mexican player, first Japanese player-- FIRST PLAYER OF ANY MINORITY RACE.

It was Robinson who broke through, in circumstances that would make you curl up in a fuking ball and cry for an alien ass raping.

You're simply trolling for a reaction since no one gives a shit about anything else you post.

lexxa
    Update your status
    lexxa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

.311 BA, 1500 hits.

What's so fukkin special about this guy other than the fact that he was a darkie?

He was a hall of fame player even if he wasn't black. 132 OPS+ as a 2nd baseman, solid fielder.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Here's the part you don't understand fukface.

Without Jackie Robinson-- there is NO first Mexican player, first Japanese player-- FIRST PLAYER OF ANY MINORITY RACE.

It was Robinson who broke through, in circumstances that would make you curl up in a fuking ball and cry for an alien ass raping.

You're simply trolling for a reaction since no one gives a shit about anything else you post.
    Bullshit. You clearly have no understanding of those times and the history of the game.

Italians at that time were a huge minority. They made it.

Jews made it.

Germans made it.

A whole host of others did as well, without Jackie Robinson being involved at all, you obscene asshole nitwit.

I love how posters like you post to voice an opinion, no matter how ignorant and fukking dumb it is.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

.311 BA, 1500 hits.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsPedagogy

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by lexxa View Post
    He was a hall of fame player even if he wasn't black. 132 OPS+ as a 2nd baseman, solid fielder.
    We're gonna disagree on that one.

He only played 10 seasons. He didn't accumulate enough numbers to justify being in the Hall based on his numbers alone.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Another Philly fail thread just like that worthless Fukkin hockey team he idolizes

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The guy didn't even start playing pro ball until he was 28, so piss on his numbers, even though they are very respectable, especially his career .408 on base percentage

This man broke down the walls of Baseball and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame as much(if not more) then any other player currently in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SamDiamond, Mikeyanks23, and zizoudane10

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    The guy didn't even start playing pro ball until he was 28, so piss on his numbers, even though they are very respectable, especially his career .408 on base percentage

This man broke down the walls of Baseball and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame as much(if not more) then any other player currently in.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

.311 career average isn't bad either

Kermit

Bullshit. You clearly have no understanding of those times and the history of the game.

Jews made it.

Germans made it.

A whole host of others did as well, without Jackie Robinson being involved at all, you obscene asshole nitwit.

I love how posters like you post to voice an opinion, no matter how ignorant and fukking dumb it is.
    Blacks breaking into baseball was 100 times bigger than anyone of the groups that you mentioned above. Was there an Italian only League or Jewish only League because they were not allowed to play with standard whites like the Negro league? Huge difference between an Italian and a Black man in this situation as this was still a time when segregation was in effect.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4146

Probably shouldn't feed the fire, but I always roll my eyes when they interview today's black players and ask them what Jackie Robinson means to them. Almost everyone responds with, "Without Jackie Robinson, I wouldn't be playing today." Jackie's role in breaking the color barrier in baseball can't be understated, but to argue that today's players wouldn't be able to play baseball if it weren't for Jackie, is a bit of a joke.

Also, if Jackie Robinson sucked, he wouldn't have played. Pretty obvious. If Jackie was a good player, he probably wouldn't have played. Jackie played in bigs because he was a great player. Again, pretty obvious.

SamDiamond

Jews made it.

Germans made it.

Really?

Were Italians allowed to vote? Were Italians HUNG ON FUKING TREES IN THE SOUTH?

Did Italians have their own drinking fountains, were Italians made to sit on the back of buses?

You really are deranged to suggest Italians had it as tough as blacks breaking into baseball.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Really?

Were Italians allowed to vote? Were Italians HUNG ON FUKING TREES IN THE SOUTH?

Did Italians have their own drinking fountains, were Italians made to sit on the back of buses?

You really are deranged to suggest Italians had it as tough as blacks breaking into baseball.
    Never said Italians (or any other group) had it as tough as blacks breaking into baseball so don;t know what the fukk you're reading.

You tried to make an argument that minorities are in baseball now solely because of Robinson. That is FAR from the truth.

Reading comprehension is a good thing to learn.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

You are out of your fukking mind and delusional as well.

Robinson deserves to be in the Hall more than any other player? Are you seriously taking drugs?

If Robinson deserves to be in the Hall solely because of his numbers, and not for the fact that he was the first black, then every player who accumulated a lifetime batting average over .300 and collected more than 1500 hits should be in as well according to your logic.

That, of course, is absurd.

Robinson does not have Hall-worthy numbers. Not even close.

He is in because he is black.
    Last edited by PhillyFlyers; 04-26-13 at 10:45 AM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29100

this is just another 1 of his daily look at me threads...i need attention

no1 is really this ignorant right?
    Last edited by 5mike5; 04-25-13 at 06:48 PM.

Kermit

You are out of your fukking mind and delusional as well.
    Every other day you are posting news and links of people that were raped by aliens, supernatural shit, and other retarded stories and expect people to believe it, and I am the one out of my mind?

When you say the name Jackie Robinson, everyone knows who you are talking about, and there is a reason why.

High3rEl3m3nt

Philly,

Do you know when Jackie was adopted into the Hall? Was it the politically correct decade of the 2000's? How about the 1990s? I'll save you the google trouble and tell you that he was inducted into the hall in the 1960s. Not the late the 1960s, but the early 1960s. He was inducted into the Hall based on merit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vegas39, Kermit, and 5mike5

Kermit

Since you are talking about stats and what makes a Hall of Famer, what about Bill Mazeroski? He played 17 years with barely over 2,000 hits and a .260 average and a big 138 homeruns. He was a great second baseman and is most famous for hitting that game 7 homerun.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    this is just another 1 of his daily look at me threads...i need attention

no1 is really this ignorant right?

First part definitely for attention.

I'd guess he is that ignorant

Kermit

This thread deserves this.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Every other day you are posting news and links of people that were raped by aliens, supernatural shit, and other retarded stories and expect people to believe it, and I am the one out of my mind?

When you say the name Jackie Robinson, everyone knows who you are talking about, and there is a reason why.
    Yes, everyone knows exactly what you're talking about when you say the name Jackie Robinson and it isn't baseball greatness. It's race.

He wasn't by any means deserving of the Hall going by his numbers. He is in the Hall because he is black.

BTW posting stories of documented cases concerning ufos or monsters isn't an example of me being out of my mind nitwit. Instead, you thinking so shows how small-minded you are.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Philly,

Do you know when Jackie was adopted into the Hall? Was it the politically correct decade of the 2000's? How about the 1990s? I'll save you the google trouble and tell you that he was inducted into the hall in the 1960s. Not the late the 1960s, but the early 1960s. He was inducted into the Hall based on merit.
    It's not merit. His numbers are nothing special, therefore, not deserving of the Hall.

SamDiamond

Yes, everyone knows exactly what you're talking about when you say the name Jackie Robinson and it isn't baseball greatness. It's race.

He wasn't by any means deserving of the Hall going by his numbers. He is in the Hall because he is black.

BTW posting stories of documented cases concerning ufos or monsters isn't an example of me being out of my mind nitwit. Instead, you thinking so shows how small-minded you are.

High3rEl3m3nt

Philly,

There's no convincing you that he belongs in the Hall of Fame (not the Hall of Stats), and that's okay. Everyone has an opinion..I still think it is pretty telling when he was adopted in and I believe he won the NL MVP in the late 1940s too. The title of this thread is "Jackie Robinson Sucked." I don't see how, given the period, that a sucky black baseball player would have been allowed to re-break (he was not the first ever) the color lines of baseball. It simply is not an accurate statement.

I also think that today's symbolic image of Robinson is a bit unfortunate, because it tends to overshadow the fact that he was an excellent baseball player. It also detracts from a classic American value, that has long been an important ingredient in fosterering greatness. Talent and ability should be the barometers used to determine opportunity, not an individual's socioeconomic or ethnic class. Robinson was not allowed to play baseball because he was black. He played the game because he was great and when he was in it, the game was more competitive. To me, Robinson's story is about greatness and the value of valuing all individuals based upon their talent and abilities.

Kermit

I like to think of myself of having an open mind to things that require common sense to verify.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

While we're at it I always thought Jimi Hendrix was way overrated

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Philly,

There's no convincing you that he belongs in the Hall of Fame (not the Hall of Stats), and that's okay. Everyone has an opinion..I still think it is pretty telling when he was adopted in and I believe he won the NL MVP in the late 1940s too. The title of this thread is "Jackie Robinson Sucked." I don't see how, given the period, that a sucky black baseball player would have been allowed to re-break (he was not the first ever) the color lines of baseball. It simply is not an accurate statement.

I also think that today's symbolic image of Robinson is a bit unfortunate, because it tends to overshadow the fact that he was an excellent baseball player. It also detracts from a classic American value, that has long been an important ingredient in fosterering greatness. Talent and ability should be the barometers used to determine opportunity, not an individual's socioeconomic or ethnic class. Robinson was not allowed to play baseball because he was black. He played the game because he was great and when he was in it, the game was more competitive. To me, Robinson's story is about greatness and the value of valuing all individuals based upon their talent and abilities.
    The title of the thread is appropriate given the fact that he is being judged solely on his baseball career and not the color of his skin.

Robinson's career numbers do not warrant a Hall of Fame induction. Not even close.

That is the argument here. That he is in the Hall not because of what he did on the field but because of the color of his skin. And that is precisely what it makes illegitimate.

If baseball wants to go that route, then it must induct every single "first" minority player of his time. The first jew, the first Italian, the first German, the first Polish, the first Argentinian, the first Colombian, the first Spanish, etc. etc. etc.

A .311 BA and 1500 hits over 10 seasons is not Hall worthy. Sorry.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

In his first year of eligibility for the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1962, Robinson encouraged voters to consider only his on-field qualifications, rather than his cultural impact on the game.

SamDiamond

The title of the thread is appropriate given the fact that he is being judged solely on his baseball career and not the color of his skin.

Robinson's career numbers do not warrant a Hall of Fame induction. Not even close.

That is the argument here. That he is in the Hall not because of what he did on the field but because of the color of his skin. And that is precisely what it makes illegitimate.

If baseball wants to go that route, then it must induct every single "first" minority player of his time. The first jew, the first Italian, the first German, the first Polish, the first Argentinian, the first Colombian, the first Spanish, etc. etc. etc.

Is Richie Ashburn and his .308 average worthy?

Ashburn of course had the chance to play MLB when he turned 21.

Robinson had to wait until he was 28.

Oh, and Ashburn never won MVP.

This is the dumbest fuking debate ever on SBR. Whether or not Robinson is Hall Worthy is moronic.. Mantle called Robinson the best 2nd baseman he ever seen play the game.

And Mantle wasn't exactly known to kiss ass.

Kermit

Once again, see post #22

Since you are talking about stats and what makes a Hall of Famer, what about Bill Mazeroski? He played 17 years with barely over 2,000 hits and a .260 average and a big 138 homeruns. He was a great second baseman and is most famous for hitting that game 7 homerun.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Kermit said it all. Thread ended right after Kermits post.
    You're a motherfcking moron and a stupid racist. Robinson had the perfect sentence: “I’m not concerned with your liking or disliking me. All I ask is that you respect me as a human being.” But guys like you little monkeyboy are not even giving him that little bit of respect by calling him a "darkie". Typical guy from Philly, classless as shit. No suprise it were the Philadelphia Phillies calling him a '******' and to 'go back in the jungle'.
    He was a great defensive player, the most aggressive and simply the best baserunner and had an absolutely sharp and perfect eye for walks. And that's not even half the list of things he was great on the field. And there was another very special reason to pick him, because he wasn't the overhumble black man, racist dumbfcks like yourself would have loved to see. He was 10 times the man you will ever be.
    Funny thing is, that there are buildings, stadiums, stamps to honour him, the 42 is retired forever, he was the most popular man behind Bing Crosby in 1947 in the whole country and was listed on the list of 100 most influential people of the 20th century, Nr 44 of Baseballs best players of all times whereas you are a bloody nobody and not a single fck is given the day you are going to die.
    Points Awarded:

SamDiamond gave zizoudane10 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5, SamDiamond, and The Inevitable

123 Last