pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Every NFL player should smoke weed just for spite

And Goodell will resign.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Really though, what would happen? probably well over 50% of the league smokes. Why don't they all just agree and test positive, all of a sudden the NFL will realize that it's no big deal and let it be. Hell, everyone should get busted this offseason and just say "I've been beaten up pretty badly during the season, I have an addiction problem and didn't want to take prescription pills, so I turned to weed and felt better and have no side effects when I don't smoke it"

It's a stupid rule...I understand if you get busted in your car with it and there is smoke pouring out to suspend the player.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I am all for the legalization of marijuana, but I don't want to watch a game where some of the players were blazing before the game and are making mistakes and running into each other and shit because they are baked. That is the problem with pot, there is no way to tell if a guy was high while he was playing or if he smoked a joint a few days earlier.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I am all for the legalization of marijuana, but I don't want to watch a game where some of the players were blazing before the game and are making mistakes and running into each other and shit because they are baked. That is the problem with pot, there is no way to tell if a guy was high while he was playing or if he smoked a joint a few days earlier.

As much as I'd like to think the players aren't stupid enough to smoke directly before the game....These guys are pretty fukin stupid so it'd be hard to believe they'd have the common sense not to. They'd have a good thing going, they'd be cleared to smoke, and they blow it by getting too high before games.

But believe me that you could take a hit or two and go out and play. Back in the day we'd pass a joint before open gyms for basketball. Had zero effect...So I'm sure they would be fine, but problem would be they'd likely get too high.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

There's players now that smoke before games to focus.....If guys are that retarded where they would run into eachother and play like shit they would get cut

Non issue

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 444

Wouldn't that be great if they all did it, and a team like Jacksonville reneged? The Jaguars might finally make the playoffs.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    There's players now that smoke before games to focus.....If guys are that retarded where they would run into eachother and play like shit they would get cut

Non issue
    I don't doubt that, but not everyone that smokes pot acts the same when high. Not to mention getting high slows down your reaction time. If I owned a billion dollar NFL team I would want the people who work for me to be playing clean.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

I don't doubt that, but not everyone that smokes pot acts the same when high. Not to mention getting high slows down your reaction time. If I owned a billion dollar NFL team I would want the people who work for me to be playing clean.
    Hmm, are you sure it's slows down everyone's reaction time?...

Belive it or not pot can help with focus...for some people...

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

doing things for spite is always a good plan

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Like I said....the players that fukk up because they are playing high or whatever will be cut anyway for their shit play

Alcohol is legal now, how come we don't see guys drunk as hell playing? These guys are pros and the ones that choose to smoke before games- 99% of the time it will help them/not effect them

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Smoking weed is for teenagers and losers. That's a fact !!!

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Like I said....the players that fukk up because they are playing high or whatever will be cut anyway for their shit play

Alcohol is legal now, how come we don't see guys drunk as hell playing? These guys are pros and the ones that choose to smoke before games- 99% of the time it will help them/not effect them
    The effects of alcohol last longer than pot and it is easier to determine if it is in your system at the time where as THC is there for much much longer.

Not to mention there will Always be that "What if?" in everyone's mind regardless. If a known marijuana using player drops a perfect pass, they will be scrutinized and their pot habit will be blamed. The only way to eliminate the controversy is by barring the use.

Here is what will happen:

A player will get hurt badly and end up suing the organization because they played while they were high which led to their injury and it will cause a shit-storm.

This is why most employer's insurance companies demand a drug test when an employee gets hurt on the job. If they have THC in their system, they lose their job regardless if they got high on their day off last week.