antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

God's punishment for the new gambling laws in new jersey.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Bloomberg just compared the Brighton Beach fire zone to a contested French town after WWII. What a fukking insensitive prick.

Really? Does anyone think that's a fair comparison? Some pussy ass shit going down in NYC and beyond today.

N.O.S.
    N.O.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Alot of photos on Instagram and around the photo sites. Some of them pretty remarkable photography

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

When nature strikes we whine, and the rest of the time most treat it like shit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: goofyre, and NunyaBidness

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    God's punishment for the new gambling laws in new jersey.
    Or for the Jersey Shore!

Zombie Woof
    Zombie Woof's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Some brutal pics. A reminder that we're all on the same team.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Terrible... been watching CNN all day today. I've got family & friends in NJ & NYC, my heart goes out to them and everyone impacted by this devastating storm.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Most people on the shore do not have flood insurance. Regular homeowners insurance does not cover flooding. It does cover wind damage, lightning, etc..... so that is where the argument usually begins.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

prayers go out to everyone affected

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

the reason why this was so bad is because more people live in this area per acre than anywhere in the us. millions upon millions were effected by this and i bet the dollar toll will be pretty substantial.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Anyone close to Manhattan give me the scoop on how best to GTFO? My sister is stuck there on her own with no power, no water, no transportation, and only enough supplies to last a couple days. Emergency personnel told her it could be 2 weeks before utilities are back on. Trying to help her get to Boston, but she has no car and there is no transportation running. She tried for hours to get a cab, but no luck. Any ideas?

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Is the douchebag bronxer still alive?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Anyone close to Manhattan give me the scoop on how best to GTFO? My sister is stuck there on her own with no power, no water, no transportation, and only enough supplies to last a couple days. Emergency personnel told her it could be 2 weeks before utilities are back on. Trying to help her get to Boston, but she has no car and there is no transportation running. She tried for hours to get a cab, but no luck. Any ideas?
    Airports open tomorrow. Cabs are everywhere tell her to keep trying.

Boner_18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Craigslist for a ride-share to Boston. Gotta be tons of people willing to help. Alternatively, Long Island bus should be up tomorrow. A bus to Port Jefferson or to Orient Point where there are Long Island Sound ferries (check to see they are up) and get a pick-up on the other side.

Or if you are in Boston, suck it up and go get her.

billyloco
    et5tdFRy
    billyloco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1620

Red Cross & Salvation Army ROCKS!!!!! I owe my life to the Salvatioin Army!!!

billyloco
    et5tdFRy
    billyloco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1620

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    This is some pussy ass shit.

I'm glad the east coast has something to bind us together in worry. However, the media or anyone deeming this the as devestation, apocolypse, etc. is insulting. As the death toll climbs above 30 let's just remember that 1/4 of a MILLION people perished in the Tsunami of 2004.

Get over it. White people problems.
    YOU ARE AN IDIOT!! ... "white people's problems"?

Boner_18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by billyloco View Post
    YOU ARE AN IDIOT!! ... "white people's problems"?
    This is a common expression to signify what are generally first world issues. Obviously this includes the non-white members of our North-East melting pot society.

Insurance claims, water logged vehicles, delayed travel. The fact of the matter is the toll of human suffering from this storm is indeed very low on the scale of global catastrophes while the government, news media, and everyone on social media is deeming it THE disaster of the century. History will show it is merely the disaster of the week.

Boner_18
    Update your status

Cover of the Washington Post

"This is New York's Katrina"

That is insulting. Downright insulting. To compare this minor inconvenience to such a catastrophic natural event in our national history and anyone who buys into such descriptions in ANY way is deplorable. Does this suck? Sure it does, I've been stuck in Brooklyn for three days. But really, this is some pussy ass shit.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

That is insulting. Downright insulting. To compare this minor inconvenience to such a catastrophic natural event in our national history and anyone who buys into such descriptions in ANY way is deplorable. Does this suck? Sure it does, I've been stuck in Brooklyn for three days. But really, this is some pussy ass shit.
    would you kill yourself already?

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Boner......I'm just curious. What race/nationality are you?

Boner_18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    would you kill yourself already?
    See, this guy has no regard for human life. He refuses to acknowledge events where loss of it is truly devastating and he wishes harm upon his fellow man. He needs to feel that his region has been "devastated" so he reposts instagram feeds of all the Manhattan yuppies and hipsters who suddenly feel the warm glow of national spotlight on them, all the while dwarfing what amounts to truly catastrophic natural disasters.

WW I'm a Caucasian American.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Fuel is going to be a real problem soon. Only a third of the gas stations are open and everyone is running generators. It's going to be nuts two days from now if everything isn't back up.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    I'm sure the insurance companies are thrilled, got everyone on overtime crunching the numbers and lawyering up to payout the minimum.
    Most don't have flood insurance. Most of this is from Flood Damage.

gregm

Its a horrible storm in terms of financial costs because it hit the most most densely populated area in the United States but repairs and clean up will bring in alot of money to people in these areas. My friend in New Jersey had horrible damage to his neighborhood and house but works for "college hunks hauling junk", and he said they are going to have to hire alot more guys to handle the workload “The rebuilding will kick into high gear pretty quickly. It’s already begun,” Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Analytics.

Last edited by gregm; 10-31-12 at 10:19 AM.

Boner_18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Most don't have flood insurance. Most of this is from Flood Damage.
    This is correct but FEMA pays out for catastrophic loss due to flood. Essentially it's a lot like the decision to "total" a car. We all have flood insurance and our premium is our taxes.

All prop & casualty insurers offer flood to everyone, most people up here just deny it. For areas such as the NE the increase to premium is ridiculously low too (since theoretically its unlikely to happen). If you live w/in 1 mile of a navigable water-way you are an idiot not to get it. Blame the stupid consumers who didn't. My grandma on LI has always had it.

Boner_18
    Update your status

Yahoo Headline:

"Inside the Worst Fire in NYC History [Brighton Beach]."

Descendants of the survivors of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire should be suing Yahoo for disparaging their trials and tribulations. Disgusting.

gregm

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

That is insulting. Downright insulting. To compare this minor inconvenience to such a catastrophic natural event in our national history and anyone who buys into such descriptions in ANY way is deplorable.
    to call this a "minor inconvenience" to the tens of thousands of folks in NJ and NY [and elsewhere] who have lost their homes to this massive storm is deplorable.

I'm embarrassed for you here.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Check out this post over on the EOG board from miserable fukk poster "wantitall4moi" a bit earlier today:

"LMAO how can you tell if NJ is damaged if it werent for Det and New Orleans that whole area would be considered the worst area in the country.

It tore up a rotting wooden boardwalk that was lucky to have survived as long as it has.

Basically this is the first time anything actually made land fall in that area in a long time, so of course people are going to freak out. If it were the gulf coast, or north carolina it would have been considered a bad rain storm, but because it is New York it is the end of the world. The myopia there is rampant.

Anything that was completely destroyed probably needed to be condemned anyway. looks like mother nature did you guys a favor and washed away some of the shit around that dump."

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

I'll be willing to bet ANYTHING, ANYTHING that very, very, VERY few liberals will donate ONE RED CENT to any sandy devastation charity....NOT ONE CENT. They are total frauds. They only have their hands out to receive, but to give..LOL...not a chance....It's the right wingers who are very generous when donating. You'll see.

Boner_18
    Update your status

Headline now on Yahoo:

'Unprecedented' outages test the Northeast

Millions of storm victims struggle to cope without heat, refrigeration, TV, or cell phones.

No cell phone? Devastating!

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Queens got fuked up with the fire but everyone else got some fuking floods and sand blown on their home crying on t.v while the Cubans that got hit harder are picking up the pieces, we are pussies

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Lot of dead people on Staten.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Guy on CBS asked ray Kelly how this compares to 911

First 123 Last