Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

Reports now coming out that it was either a heart attack or (more likely) a stroke.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    his ex is 50 now????

figured 40 maybe

my dad used to ring the bell in evansville indiana every wed night from like 74 to 94
    His 1st wife, Paula...that skank cat was as trailer trash as it got... She was wife #2

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

Did anyone watch the ppv where owen hart died?

This has too many eerie similarities.

I haven't seen a broadcast break their entertainment component since that day.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

They confirmed that he had a heart attack and witnesses say he looked like he was convulsing.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

one of the great commentators of wrestling

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    these guys live so clean

not sure why they are always dying so young

LUCKYCHUCK
    LUCKYCHUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29057

get well jerry

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Jerry "The King" Lawler has heart attack during live 'Raw' last night (for real)

FOX SPORTS

The make-believe world of professional wrestling took a sobering turn toward reality during a live WWE telecast.

"Monday Night Raw" announcer Jerry Lawler had a heart attack and collapsed while on-air and was transported to a Montreal-area hospital. Lawler, who wrestled in a tag-team match earlier in the show, was stricken while calling the action in another match and was carried backstage at the Bell Centre.
    Broadcast partner Michael Cole addressed the television audience and said that the situation is "serious," but that Lawler was breathing on his own.
    "Jerry "The King" Lawler suffered a heart attack while commentating during last night's broadcast of Monday Night Raw in Montreal," the WWE said in its statement. "We are hopeful Jerry makes a full recovery and returns to WWE in the near future. Our thoughts are with Jerry and his family."
    The fact medical personnel were at ringside allowed Lawler to receive immediate treatment, a source said. It's believed Lawler needed CPR before being placed in an ambulance.
    Lawler, 62, is a "Raw" announcing mainstay and 40-year pro wrestling veteran who has continued to step into the ring on recent WWE shows. Lawler also has achieved mainstream acclaim for his connection with the late comedian Andy Kaufman during the 1980s, which was featured in the 1999 biopic "The Man in the Moon."
    In an eerie coincidence, Lawler was at WWE's announcing table when another accident occurred: the 1999 death of grappler Owen Hart following a fall from the Kemper Arena ceiling in Kansas City, Mo. Hart's brother Bret was one of the featured performers on Monday night's show.
    Following in the WWE's show-must-go-on tradition, "Raw" continued with its scripted storylines Monday but without commentators calling the action. The company did cancel an "appreciation night" ceremony set for former WWE matchmaker and wrestler Pat Patterson when "Raw" was off the air on USA Network.
    "I'm shaken by the news of my friend Jerry Lawler's medical emergency in Montreal," tweeted longtime broadcast partner Jim Ross. "Hands shaking. Prayers for the King. I feel helpless."
    Tweeted former WWE wrestler Shawn Michaels: "I've just heard about Jerry Lawler!! Time for prayer everybody!! We're here for you King, God Bless!!"

stevenash

"Lawler grabbed (Cole's) arm, collapsed and his face was blueish. Something like 7-8 people rushed to over to him, lifted him backstage. The medics were clearly told by the production to go backstage as they didn't want anything to happen in front of the fans.
    "Right after, people were running everywhere, not seeming to know what to do exactly. Cole looked like he saw a ghost and seemed very shaken.
    "The staff cleaned the floor near the announcers booth, I'm not sure if that's because he threw up or not.
    "There was definitely a moment of panic during those few minutes.
    "During every commercials, the fans here are chanting 'Jerry.' They didn't tell us anything here and what Cole said on TV about Lawler getting CPR in the back and that not being part of the show didn't air live."
    Twitter is going wild with the news, including a tweet from Lawler's long-time broadcast partner, Jim Ross: "I'm shaken by the news of my friend Jerry Lawler's medical emergency in Montreal. Hands shaking. Prayers for the King. I feel helpless."

stevenash

I saw the tag team match he was in against CM Punk.

Lawler was putting out like he was 31 years ago again.
    Overly exerted himself, I even said to myself "should a overweight 60 + year old former great even be participating like that?" ( I really did)
    Then ten minutes later, BAM, heart attack city.

p.s. to the usual suspects that chime in with "what are you, 14 years old, this shit is fake...." and what not, please don't.

This is fake, but serious as a heart attack (pardon the pun)

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

This just in color television has been invented!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papageorgio View Post
    This just in color television has been invented!
    Thanks for astute, pain staking post.
    Moron
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsPedagogy

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

only on live tv ,this would happen

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Only a dumb fukk would be watching wrestling anyway. Who cares.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Trigger Trace speaks the truth

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Trigger Trace speaks the truth
    Wrestling watchers > Jersey Shore Watchers

course both are fake and scripted. Who really has time for TV these days ?

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Still got love for you, Tracey!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post

Still got love for you, Tracey!
    JM!!!

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was a big wrestling fan as a kid but now not so much. To everyone saying it's fake, yes they have 'scripts' and they know who will win before a match starts. What isn't fake is the physical exertion necessary. The majority are top athletes at the pinnacle of human ability. Even the fatties and oldies have stamina and strength better than 99% of us.

Hope the King recovers

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

Only a dumbfukk would care about looking tough for a forum full of strangers by telling them over and over about his time in prison

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

get well soon Jerry

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

he was unconsious for 20 minutes

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    Did anyone watch the ppv where owen hart died?

This has too many eerie similarities.

I haven't seen a broadcast break their entertainment component since that day.
    Yeah that was bad.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Wrestling watchers > Jersey Shore Watchers

course both are fake and scripted.
    So is the NBA, NFL, and MMA, but it's good entertainment.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    So is the NBA, NFL, and MMA, but it's good entertainment.
    That's a bit of a reach.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    That's a bit of a reach.
    Hyperbole, yes, stretching the truth to make a point.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

I remember The King 30 yrs ago would always pull down his shoulder strap before he went into ass kicker mode. Was his signature move kind of a punching bitch slap? Think he once said, "You don't kick a good man when he's down, you put the boot to him," I liked that. Thought he retired decades ago though.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by MeatWad View Post
    I remember The King 30 yrs ago would always pull down his shoulder strap before he went into ass kicker mode. Was his signature move kind of a punching bitch slap? Think he once said, "You don't kick a good man when he's down, you put the boot to him," I liked that. Thought he retired decades ago though.
    Don't know why creative writes him in every now and then. He's great on the mic with Cole, he doesn't need to be in ring.

Like I said before, he was over exerting himself in that tag team match, and I even said to myself "he's 60 + years old, 60 lbs overweight, and is going to hurt himself"

30 minutes later, he's blue in the face with a heart attack and it's a good thing there was excellent medical professionals there in Montreal, or else he would have died (maybe)

hugh_morris
    hugh_morris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

Don't know why creative writes him in every now and then. He's great on the mic with Cole, he doesn't need to be in ring.

Like I said before, he was over exerting himself in that tag team match, and I even said to myself "he's 60 + years old, 60 lbs overweight, and is going to hurt himself"

30 minutes later, he's blue in the face with a heart attack and it's a good thing there was excellent medical professionals there in Montreal, or else he would have died (maybe)
    Ric Flair is a good example of this...or for that matter Roddy Piper could be next.....These guys just need to hang it up...stay on the mic....They have nothing to prove.....Jerry was the shit down in the Memphis area in his time...Get well Jerry...

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Test results today came back saying no brain damage from being clinically dead for 20 minutes. He is doing better and should be going home soon

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

He wrestles outside of his WWE time so it's not just WWE that is making him wrestle. He's doing it because he wants to.

He is lucky that the heart attack happened when it happened. Had that happened at home in his sleep, he'd be dead. He had EMT just a few feet away.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    fwiw, his ex wife is one of the hottest 50somethings you will run across...
    This is what he's tapping now. (Lauren McBride)

First 12