thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

AMERICANS ONLY: do you guys root for american guys or gals in individual events?

im not talking olympics, where theres some country stake involved or like the usa in the world cup or anything like that.

im more referring to the masters yesterday or when one of the williams girls plays a euro chick in tennis. at my familys for easter almost everyone wanted watson to win, i really didnt care. they said they want the american to win. maybe its cuz im younger and they are all older? i duno, it just never really mattered to me in events like that, unless of course i was betting on it.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Not really. If I've never heard of either tennis player I might root for the American.
    But if the dirty Euro trash player has a more exciting game or style, that's cool.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I root for Americans sometimes

Always want Serena to win, Tiger also

Men's tennis usually Euro guys vs Americans

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

I root for Americans bc they're far superior athletes that show heart and personality, America dominates every sport except kickball err I mean soccer which is only bc nobody wants to play it

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

American tennis is so bad right now you are going to be broke if you are wagering with patriotic bias. Mchale was a money machine for a while though but lately she has been pretty poor and Isner can make you some money if you choose your spots with him.

As a fan, I would love to see american tennis make a resurgence but in terms of wagers I dont see much there. Oudin, Sweeting, hampton and Roddick ( at least this year) havent been profitable to wager on.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Americans would be the best at soccer if anyone gave a fuk about it. It's boring and girls in america laugh at guys that play it. They all want to fuk football, basketball, and baseball players. They'd sleep with a fisherman before a soccer player.

Even parents that force there kids to play soccer when they are like 10, the kids realizes by highschool everyone laughs at them for it and they play a real sport. America does what it wants. It takes over countries if it wants their resources even.

superjeff24
    superjeff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

hat it sounds like you're saying that like it's a good thing?

you do realize there are eventual consequences to having that type of mindset right?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I'm an American and I was rooting for oosty in the Masters, like his gap tooth grin and calm demeanor. During the Ryder Cup I always root for the Americans though.

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

We (USA) don't do well in soccer because the negros don't play it.

Our best athletes are black kids, unfortunately.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm3462 View Post

Why is that unfortunate if white kids want to be just as good they would try harder...see how that comes off as racist your comment sounds dumb unfortunately

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Why is that unfortunate if white kids want to be just as good they would try harder...see how that comes off as racist your comment sounds dumb unfortunately
    Dude, trust me I hate to admit it, but the statistics are there.

As a whole, negros are superior to whites athletic wise.

It's DNA. They originate from jungles and serengeti type environments where hunting and athleticism were key to survival. If they could not chase down a gazzell with a sharpened wooden stake, they didn't eat.

We however came from Europe and we quickly discovered gunpowder.

This history lesson was brought to you by Professor Jerm.

Students, I will leave you with this homework assignment.

" You are an aspiring defense cordinator looking for an NFL job. in this day in age new coach hires are only given 1 year to prove their worth.

team 1 is only going to let you draft white players and select white free agents to build your defense.

team 2 is only going to let you draft black players and select black free agents to build your defense

which job are you going to take and why?
    Last edited by Jerm3462; 04-09-12 at 03:24 PM.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

I root for the player that i kinda take a liking too, don't give a fukk if they are american or not

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Nope, wanted Louis to win and I root for whoever I like regardless of where they're from.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    I root for Americans bc they're far superior athletes that show heart and personality, America dominates every sport except kickball err I mean soccer which is only bc nobody wants to play it
    America don't dominate every sport....get a fuking clue.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Of course I pull for Americans. I would hope everyone who lives here would.

The only people who wouldn't are most likely the same douchebags that don't pull for their hometown team......even though they grew up & lived in the same town their entire life.

Nobody likes that douchebag.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    im not talking olympics, where theres some country stake involved or like the usa in the world cup or anything like that.

im more referring to the masters yesterday or when one of the williams girls plays a euro chick in tennis. at my familys for easter almost everyone wanted watson to win, i really didnt care. they said they want the american to win. maybe its cuz im younger and they are all older? i duno, it just never really mattered to me in events like that, unless of course i was betting on it.
    that a good question. being an american since birth, you would think i would root for fellow country men....but i dont. i dont root against, i just dont really care.

All Day 8
    All Day 8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude, trust me I hate to admit it, but the statistics are there.

As a whole, negros are superior to whites athletic wise.

It's DNA. They originate from jungles and serengeti type environments where hunting and athleticism were key to survival. If they could not chase down a gazzell with a sharpened wooden stake, they didn't eat.

We however came from Europe and we quickly discovered gunpowder.

This history lesson was brought to you by Professor Jerm.

Students, I will leave you with this homework assignment.

" You are an aspiring defense cordinator looking for an NFL job. in this day in age new coach hires are only given 1 year to prove their worth.

team 1 is only going to let you draft white players and select white free agents to build your defense.

team 2 is only going to let you draft black players and select black free agents to build your defense

which job are you going to take and why?

Why did you happen to choose defense? Why not as a team? Why not offense?

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

some of the best and most conditioned athletes are tennis players and hockey players. both sports are predominantly white. just saying

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I root for the US teams in everything, but individuals I guess but don't really care as much as the US teams

Most golfers I like are Americans anyway.....But I might root for Rory McElroy over an American I don't really care for

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    some of the best and most conditioned athletes are tennis players and hockey players. both sports are predominantly white. just saying
    Economic accessibility and popularity.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I just didnt see myself identifying with bubba gump watson who lives like 15 hours away from me. I get when small countries get patroitic like south africa was with oosthuizen yesterday. I pretty much will root for local pittsburgh guys to do well in sports but i dont see why i should root for a guy from florida to beat one in south africa. If usa girls r playin china in womens volleyball in the olympics that is different.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    American tennis is so bad right now you are going to be broke if you are wagering with patriotic bias. Mchale was a money machine for a while though but lately she has been pretty poor and Isner can make you some money if you choose your spots with him.

As a fan, I would love to see american tennis make a resurgence but in terms of wagers I dont see much there. Oudin, Sweeting, hampton and Roddick ( at least this year) havent been profitable to wager on.
    USA just beat France in Davis Cup and John Isner is one of the hottest players on tour, nearly beating Federer to win a Masters 1000 Shield. Fish has had a bad year but he is still top 10. It is not as bad as people think, maybe you are talking about WTA I don't follow women so I wouldn't know

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yes, I root for my country folk, and against my non-country folk - especially in events like the Masters.

I hate foreign trash being the best in the world. They come over here for majors and large money grabs, and then spend the rest of the year playing some euro-garbage tour.

Prefer to keep the talent, and money in the states. I like Rory, think he is a cool kid, love watching him play - but in the Masters, etc. I wouldn't mind watching him crash and burn if that means my country folk finish ahead of him.

With that said, I'd root for a damn hadji to win an apple pie eating contest if my money was on him. Money over everything.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I only root for Israeli's and Arab's....Nobody else matters.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

no being american we don't care we are a blended bunch.