Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14864

HBO’s “Luck” to resume production for one more season

SUNDAY, APRIL 1 (AP Newswire):

HBO has reconsidered its decision of cancelling hit series “Luck,” following an outpour of support from the show’s fans, with shooting slated to resume later this month. The cable giant had ceased production of the Sunday-night drama last month, following health and safety concerns of horses used in its racing sequences.

“We are happy to be heading back to the track,” said “Luck” executive producer Dustin Hoffman. The two-time Oscar winner will resume his lead role as Chester “Ace” Bernstein, while co-stars Dennis Farina, Nick Nolte, and John Ortiz have also been signed to contracts.

“This news is better than winning the Kentucky Derby,” said co-star Gary Stevens, who looks forward to the show’s return. The retired jockey turned actor took on the role of Ronnie Jenkins, a veteran rider coming back to the saddle amidst drug and alcohol addictions.

Several of the new season’s episodes are planned to be shot on location in Las Vegas, with character Jerry Boyle (Jason Gedrick) looking to cash in on his “World Series of Poker” entry. Farina mentioned a subplot where he drives Boyle and his poker-dealing girlfriend Naomi in a limousine to McCarron International Airport, where they are greeted by Robert DeNiro in a cameo role asking Farina if he’s “got the disks.”

Actors Tom Payne and Jill Hennessy will not be appearing in the new season, with their characters of jockey Leon Micheaux and veterinarian Jo Carter written out of the series. Supporting actress Kerry Condon is inked to return as apprentice jockey Rosie Shanahan, with even more frequent nudity planned of her than Season One.

“Luck” expects to retire its series production to stud at Season Two’s conclusion, leaving several cliffhangers looming for HBO’s planned motion-picture “Escalante: Life After Luck,” with Ortiz cast in the film’s lead. Former network standouts James Gandolfini and Jeremy Piven have also come to terms for appearing in the movie, which has a tentative release date of April 1, 2014.
    Last edited by Reload; 04-01-12 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Happy April Fool's Day!

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

nice to see this show is coming back after all

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

The Fools of April

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

I like this show and hope this is true,but I fear this is an April Fool's joke

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14864

Yep - Happy April Fool's Day, guys! Wrote the whole thing myself

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Well written Reload

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

dam you reload

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Fuk

I actually believed this write up

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Actors Tom Payne and Jill Hennessy will not be appearing in the new season, with their characters of jockey Leon Micheaux and veterinarian Jo Carter written out of the series.
    Only after reading this line did I actually believe it was true. Commenting on 2 characters being written off makes your gag much more believeable.
    Supporting actress Kerry Condon is inked to return as apprentice jockey Rosie Shanahan, with even more frequent nudity planned of her than Season One.
    Once I read this line, I knew it was a gag as I can't imagine HBO adding this to the annoucement of a possible return.

Damn you Reload, I've been going to the track ever since I was 5 and owned horses for 15 years in Southern California.

Luck was by far and away my favorite show and I am really ticked off that HBO succumbed to the pressure exerted by left-wing whacko groups like PETA. However, since HBO continues to give air time to that whack job Bill Maher, I'm not surprised HBO did what it did.