Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Switching to 3rd shift next week....

I do a lot of OT on 3rds and I'm going to give it a shot.
    Right now on 2nd (2p-10p) thurs/fri off

Starting 4/4 3rd (10p-6a) with Mon/Tues

I figure it'll be nice to have the day to do whatever. I hope I like it.

Anyone else on 3rd what's your thoughts on it? I'm single, no kids (I think)....do I don't see how this will not be good

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

have the day to do whatever? What about sleep pal?

Need sleeping pills to adjust to that kind of schedule

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Never have I ever. GL though

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Whatever it takes to make our great state of Illinois safer is what you need to do. Ever since the article came out about your heroic behavior in the Quincy Herald , your services have been in demand by all departments. You are in a class all by itself. Keep up the good work, Iwin!!!

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!

Brock I'm a night owl. When I work 2nds I don't goto bed till like 4am anyways.

I figure if I can goto bed at 7-8am up by 2pm ill be good to go

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck with the jetlag feeling that will never go away from trying to defy your circadium rhythm. only way i would work in the middle of the night is for 175% of regular pay

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

3rd shift is tough

if you depend on a lot of sleep you will end up sleeping the day away

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

i did 8pm-8am once for about 6 months.. worst shift ever.

sleep, work, sleep, work.

even on your days off you're up when everyone else is sleeping.

it's a great shift for shut ins

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

I do both overnight and 4 to 12 depends but I could never work early hours

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I love it. Work 8pm to 6am. Sleep till 1pm or 2pm in the afternoon. Then have 6 hours to work out, go outside, and run errands before I go to work. I keep close to the same hours on my nights off.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    I love it. Work 8pm to 6am. Sleep till 1pm or 2pm in the afternoon. Then have 6 hours to work out, go outside, and run errands before I go to work. I keep close to the same hours on my nights off.
    Exactly I wake up 1pm, when it gets warm I ride my jetski or fish almost Every day I still got time to watch a GM then head off to the city for work, wouldn't be able to do that with 9 to 5

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I think your shift now is a lot better......2-10pm would be perfect hours for me...And Thurs and Fri off is better than Mon/Tues

10pm you get off work, Atleast you can go do shit at night or meet people out or something.......Go to sleep whenever, and if you need to wake p early to get shit done you still can since you go to work at 2

3rd shift probably better than 1st shift though, but 2nd is easily the best

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    I do a lot of OT on 3rds and I'm going to give it a shot.
    Right now on 2nd (2p-10p) thurs/fri off

Starting 4/4 3rd (10p-6a) with Mon/Tues

I figure it'll be nice to have the day to do whatever. I hope I like it.

Anyone else on 3rd what's your thoughts on it? I'm single, no kids (I think)....do I don't see how this will not be good
    I work midnight to 8 am, its the greatest shift. I sleep while everyone's at work and in school and work while everyone sleeps. I can adjust my sleep if I have stuff to do, like college umpiring or other stuff and no doz is a wonderful thing if I didn't get enough sleep. I think we do similar type work.

The HOFF

2nd shift feels like a waste of a day to me. When I had that shift, like iwin, I would still go to bed at like 4 or so. When I woke up I had time to work out and then I'd have to go right back to work. 3rd shift gives you the time before work to run errands. Everything is open and not crowded because everyone else is working. You don't have that time with 2nd shift. When you get off at night nothing is open. You can't go to most stores or accomplish anything.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    2nd shift feels like a waste of a day to me. When I had that shift, like iwin, I would still go to bed at like 4 or so. When I woke up I had time to work out and then I'd have to go right back to work. 3rd shift gives you the time before work to run errands. Everything is open and not crowded because everyone else is working. You don't have that time with 2nd shift. When you get off at night nothing is open. You can't go to most stores or accomplish anything.
    I don't know man.....Im young so I like going out a lot at night, even if I'm not getting wasted or anything......plenty of stuff to do from 10-1 if you live in a lively area.....If you live in a rural area, no

Plus you could always wake up around 10 am and do shit from then till 2 pm when you start work, or wake up even earlier the days u need to really do shit

I work normal hours and I feel like 5-8 pm are a waste to me anyway for the most part.....Rather go in to work later and leave later

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!

The key will be getting right to bed. If I stay up this will be a fail

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

I win, I have worked the third shift for 33 years. I am guessing your in corrections or police work , in general law enforcemement.The plus is you can work another job or work plenty of overtime, I worked all those years and created my own business . I ended up very rich, I have money to buy anything I want,I could bet football and lose 10 grand a week and it wouldn't scratch the surface. Heres the negative stuff , I hated to get up at 11:00 p.m. on winter nights , many times I would shovel out and go . Hate freezing cold wind at night.I would work with all the odd ducks,and if your in law enforcement thats bad.Never ate at thr regular times, if you smoke double the amount if you can smoke on the job. you handle all the drunks late at night. They have found its very bad for your system to work nights big increase in heart problems and cancers.Your friends and family will always call you to do them a favor because your off ,it ten times worse if you got a truck.If you start dating girls they don't want to go out with guys on the graveyard shift.You hardly ever go out and party because you have to be in for midnight . If you work the shift you will find out around 4 am you will get ill and feel like you are going to die, you have to work out something so you can take a hour catnap. work it out with someone on duty. If you can't get that half hour or hour forget it. also lots of heartburn and many strange sensations . I did it for the love of money and made plenty , but today I am what is consided young , but I am waiting for a heart transplant without I will be dead in about 6 months to a year, I have over 20 million dollars in assets and I will be dead, so some ass hole can sit on my boat and fancy cars and say to my wife what a nice guy your husband was. I got a secret I have already given two people 100,000 dollars each . I have insurance on them and they have been informed to make sure they follow the plan if not goodbye to them . So for sure anyone steps on my territory meaning my wife and takes advantage ,I will see them sooner than they want to be seen. Get it. Back to midnight just don't abuse yourself good luck.

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

gl

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck. and you better fukking check yourself. set your schedule and don't fukk around.

believe me, working nights will throw you out of whack over long periods of time if you don't dominate your schedule.

The HOFF

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I don't know man.....Im young so I like going out a lot at night, even if I'm not getting wasted or anything......plenty of stuff to do from 10-1 if you live in a lively area.....If you live in a rural area, no

Plus you could always wake up around 10 am and do shit from then till 2 pm when you start work, or wake up even earlier the days u need to really do shit

I work normal hours and I feel like 5-8 pm are a waste to me anyway for the most part.....Rather go in to work later and leave later
    I should clarify that I'm on 10 hour shifts right now, so mid shift for me would be 4pm-2am. I just hated that.

Call82
    Canīt wait for MLB to start...
    Call82's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINATER View Post
    I win, I have worked the third shift for 33 years. I am guessing your in corrections or police work , in general law enforcemement.The plus is you can work another job or work plenty of overtime, I worked all those years and created my own business . I ended up very rich, I have money to buy anything I want,I could bet football and lose 10 grand a week and it wouldn't scratch the surface. Heres the negative stuff , I hated to get up at 11:00 p.m. on winter nights , many times I would shovel out and go . Hate freezing cold wind at night.I would work with all the odd ducks,and if your in law enforcement thats bad.Never ate at thr regular times, if you smoke double the amount if you can smoke on the job. you handle all the drunks late at night. They have found its very bad for your system to work nights big increase in heart problems and cancers.Your friends and family will always call you to do them a favor because your off ,it ten times worse if you got a truck.If you start dating girls they don't want to go out with guys on the graveyard shift.You hardly ever go out and party because you have to be in for midnight . If you work the shift you will find out around 4 am you will get ill and feel like you are going to die, you have to work out something so you can take a hour catnap. work it out with someone on duty. If you can't get that half hour or hour forget it. also lots of heartburn and many strange sensations . I did it for the love of money and made plenty , but today I am what is consided young , but I am waiting for a heart transplant without I will be dead in about 6 months to a year, I have over 20 million dollars in assets and I will be dead, so some ass hole can sit on my boat and fancy cars and say to my wife what a nice guy your husband was. I got a secret I have already given two people 100,000 dollars each . I have insurance on them and they have been informed to make sure they follow the plan if not goodbye to them . So for sure anyone steps on my territory meaning my wife and takes advantage ,I will see them sooner than they want to be seen. Get it. Back to midnight just don't abuse yourself good luck.

Wow Dominator, I wish you all the best! I love to hear stories where people make a killing and get wealthy but health comes first, no question! I really hope everything turns out good for you! Do you have kids?

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    good luck. and you better fukking check yourself. set your schedule and don't fukk around.

believe me, working nights will throw you out of whack over long periods of time if you don't dominate your schedule.
    It def took me about 2 months to adjust to and was hell the first month, but now its gold and I love it.