buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

How to ride the bus like a winner

Dress appropriately. Wear your finest gambling hat and trenchcoat. Be sure to apply copious amounts of your chosen fragrance to mitigate the oft times unpleasant smells on the bus.

While at the bus stop, keep your eyes on the ground as there tends to be many loonies and toonies, even bills, at stops. Folks are always digging into their pockets for tickets or change in this location and inevitably lose cash. About 20% of the time, I find a toonie and sometimes a fiver.

The bus arrives. Be sure you are the first to board. Others must wait for you as you are a winner. Do not submit to the sheepish types in their little line.

Look the driver straight in the eyes and stare for a long 5 seconds. Then pay. This establishes you as the one with power. If you pay him without a good hard stare, he will use this against you in future. The driver should be intimidated by you. He is not successful like you. Remind him of that with your hard stare of contempt.

If there are any minorities (particularly young Blacks) on the bus, you should seriously consider foregoing the ride and await the next bus, time permitting. You will have to demand your money back though and such is never pleasant. If you must ride this particular bus, do not make eye contact with said minorities and keep your hands in your pockets, clenching your wallet, keys, other valuables as you walk by them. Always pack some heat when riding in case the scumbags chimp out and threaten your safety.

Ideally, you want to sit at the back of the bus to keep all action in front of you at all times. Your vision is your friend. Utilize it to your advantage.

If you luck out and get the entire back end of the bus to yourself, retain ownership of the whole space by coughing violently (exaggerating flem accumulation) whilst grabbing your throat (as if in pain) whenever anyone approaches your end of the bus at a stop. You want to keep this space as sort of your protective bubble.

Always be mindful of opportunities. Sometimes backpacks, purses, dollarama and/or grocery bags, etc are left carelessly in the aisle or on a seat by a distracted or sleepy passenger. Do not forget to survey the activities of passers by on the streets and sidewalks. There could be money making opportunities at any given turn or bus stop. Pay strict attention!

Once you decide to depart the bus, do so with your head held high and insist on leaving through the front door. This will guarantee that all passengers observe your majesty and leadership and will earn you great respect the next time you choose transit.

podunk
    podunk's Avatar Become A Pro!

thank you buztah

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

My town doesn't have buses.? Now what?

Muddy
    Muddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3671

lol i thought this was starting out as if you actually won some money, cash in pockets, then had to ride the bus.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

13th Inning
    13th Inning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2282

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    lol i thought this was starting out as if you actually won some money, cash in pockets, then had to ride the bus.
    That has its own challenges actually - I remember one time having to ride the Blue Line back from Suffolk Downs with a ton of cash on me after a big day at the track... I was fukkin paranoid the whole time and couldn't wait to get out of the train. My mind was convinced that the other riders could see through my pockets and knew I had all that $$$ with me

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Buzzy, that was brilliant.

Welcome back

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

Great job Buzzy.. I will try this next time i lose big and have to pawn my car again..

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

wonderful tutorial

look forward to one on riding my lear jet

blueghost
    blueghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

that was great..thx for the advice

fsugolf
    fsugolf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Look the driver straight in the eyes and stare for a long 5 seconds. Then pay. This establishes you as the one with power. If you pay him without a good hard stare, he will use this against you in future. The driver should be intimidated by you. He is not successful like you. Remind him of that with your hard stare of contempt.
    Classic!

podunk
    podunk's Avatar Become A Pro!

no one will sit next to you if you shit your pants on the bus....just something to think about

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Buzzy, that was brilliant.

Welcome back
    Sickler, Mathy and I are meeting with Plommer at The Black Bull to devise a fool proof March Madness system and to settle up on dice and neighborhood lotto accounts. You will spot us at the back in full gambling garb. 7 ish.

Please do not embarrass us with that phucking hick cowboy hat!

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

buzzy there is no back anymore

they are using it for storing asparagus

however the south-east corner of black bull has a couple of quiet tables where we can hash out some numbers

i'm buying

buztah

Mathy, will not make it (change in plans). Serendipity and fate have smiled upon yours truly. I have 11 cases of quality paper, a guillotine and a colour printer that is consistently doing one helluva job copying 20s. My weekend plans have changed.

onthewhat
    onthewhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buzzy, when will your health tip series start back up?

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    Sickler, Mathy and I are meeting with Plommer at The Black Bull to devise a fool proof March Madness system and to settle up on dice and neighborhood lotto accounts. You will spot us at the back in full gambling garb. 7 ish.

Please do not embarrass us with that phucking hick cowboy hat!
    I'll be there to photograph the festivities from a distance. No dice on the hat, it goes with me everywhere.

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by onthewhat View Post
    Buzzy, when will your health tip series start back up?
    You have not yet earned the right to question me. I was already a legend while you were still swimming around your daddy's balls.

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    wonderful tutorial

look forward to one on riding my lear jet
    Dubya, I knew you were a respected pony man and that in some southeast Asian circles, so I am told by that needle dick Pico, go by "the lone colt," but I had no idea!

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol bring plenty of beer

sickler
    Facade 101

Solid advice for users of public transport

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Buzzy could fukkin post.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Buzzy could fukkin post.
    One of the finest creative writers this place has seen

sickler
    Facade 101

"Look the driver straight in the eyes and stare for a long 5 seconds. Then pay. This establishes you as the one with power. If you pay him without a good hard stare, he will use this against you in future. The driver should be intimidated by you. He is not successful like you. Remind him of that with your hard stare of contempt"

This piece of wisdom should be applied to ALL situations in life.

sickler
    Facade 101

And if you're unable to follow Buzzy advice but still want to be a winner on that bus, wait for the cool bus to arrive at your stop, even if it means waiting an extra hour