twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I paid alittle over 11k 2.9 total carat weight the center stone is about 1.9 ct princess cut. I had it appraised and insured for almost double. The general rule is :
    "The idea that a man should spend a significant fraction of his annual income for an engagement ring originated from De Beers marketing materials in the early 20th century, in an effort to increase the sale of diamonds. In the 1930s, they suggested that a man should spend the equivalent of one month's income in the engagement ring; later they suggested that he should spend two months' income on it.In 2007, the average cost of an engagement ring in USA as reported by the industry was US$2,100."
    They do make man-made diamonds now though so you could have him go with one of those. It is the EXACT same thing as a real diamond only a hell of alot cheaper. Its not a CZ it is a real diamond only man made. They some how apply alot of heat and pressure to carbon or some sh!t and make it. A man made one would be about 1/4 the price of a natural one. good luck

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

buy her mossinite , not sure of spelling no one can tell not even jeweler only with certain light can they tell you can mimc a 50000 dollar ring for 1500 dollars or so .you can google and find all the info then yu get the 50000 dollars and buy your first house to live. rings have really no value at all man puts a value on it but its not like gold it really is a wortless stone. just think who controls the diamond trade it is nothing but a big swindle buy the mossinate no one will know and buy a house ,even with 10 thousand you have a down payment be smart in life don't follow all the marks

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I always heard u suppose to spend 3 months salary

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

BLUE NILE is a great diamond source on the internet..........................go there.

REMEMBER THE 4 C's.

PAID $6,000 for my wifes diamond, that's roughly nine months salary for me.

Think it's a 1.23 carot.....forget the clarity and color..................the CUT is PRINCISS

Got me thinking now, will go on Blue Nile tommorrow and see what nearly the exact same diamond is going for today and see how it has fared in the market price over the last year.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    haha JJ knows me well enough by now...

if I were still in my 20s, I'd want a classic cut platinum rock from Tiffany, etc... I had that and gave it back.

Now in my 30s? I'd take a Cheetos ring. The material things seem silly after awhile - and after watching your mom get buried in a ring that could feed many disadvantaged children. That stuff means nothing now. I'd just settle for a really awesome guy who lets me gamble, will talk to me about a lot of different stuff, spend a Sunday in some cheesy sportsbar eating wings, drinking beer and listening to me scream at a football screen, TEACH ME THINGS, will compliment me once in a while when I put lippy on and most importantly treats my son like a champ. Not like his dad but just like the cool little muffin that he is. Oh and won't get scared off because I might be ok financially and/or want to travel. Unfortunately there are a ton of those in Aussie land but I'm leaving so maybe/maybe not I'll find him the next place I go. Either way, it's all good
    Im in love

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Quote Originally Posted by YouMama View Post
    I always heard u suppose to spend 3 months salary

Before or after tax salary?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If it was me and I had the cash and the chick was good in bed I would spend $50,000 on her

Well worth it

Mu Buddy is cheap though,,now he is down to $500

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by RealSlimShady View Post
    Before or after tax salary?
    http://www.chacha.com/question/is-th...-or-net-income

Im guessing this was a rule pre- 70's when the middle class actually had a decent income in relation to prices

First 123