HellSpawn
    HellSpawn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Have you heard about P90X (workout)?

So I'm looking for a workout rutine for new year, after all the party and eating... I was recommened P90X as one of the best workout videos out there, have any of you tried it, or do you know any other good workout rutine? You know, besides masturbating for most of you! lol jk!!

BIG
    BIG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

If you are in great shape p90x would be good for you. I am a fat overweight lard ass and bought p90x and when I read through the manual it said it is more for college athletes looking to get ripped. I bought p90 and lost over 50lbs but havnt used it much lately. P90X2 has just recently came out also. Whatever is best for you, I hear P90x is extreme.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Firstly, this is a gambling forum. Nobody here has been within 5 miles of a gym their entire lives. Go to Bodybuilding.com forums

Secondly, don't waste your money on P90x. Go to a freakin gym and lift weights, don't eat processed foods/carbonated drinks, do cardio, simply: burn more calories than you take in.

TodayIsForgotten
    TodayIsForgotten's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 615

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Firstly, this is a gambling forum. Nobody here has been within 5 miles of a gym their entire lives. Go to Bodybuilding.com forums

Secondly, don't waste your money on P90x. Go to a freakin gym and lift weights, don't eat processed foods/carbonated drinks, do cardio, simply: burn more calories than you take in.
    You're right. Mine is downstairs.

P90x is a good routine if you're looking for something to kick start yourself. Otherwise, go to the gym like the above and do cardio.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

some girl I know has been posting about it on facebook.

apparently she's lost 5 pounds in the last 18 days

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Run stairs and lift weights.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

you need to be in decent shape to do p90x or insanity, which is another good one. but for avg joes or outta shape i dont recommended it

HellSpawn

I mean I am not that fat but I'm not skinny I'm pretty much an average joes, I started with bicycle... every day from 1½ hours to 3 hours... but a friend of mine who has tried P90X for 45 days he recommended me that, but I am not sure if it's the best way to reduce abdominal fat, since that is pretty much the only place I got visible fat...

I've heard abou insanity, but I've also heard it's harder than P90X... so not for me now...

Also I hate GYMs... you can't smoke weed while working out there.... sucks big time for me lol

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

If you don't like gyms and like working out at home then I would recommend both P90x and Insanity....Ive done both and it is actually cheaper in the long run than a gym membership. They are tough at first if you aren't in good shape but you make improvements quickly. Of course diet is a huge part of those improvements tho.

hubster
    hubster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 202

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    If you don't like gyms and like working out at home then I would recommend both P90x and Insanity....Ive done both and it is actually cheaper in the long run than a gym membership. They are tough at first if you aren't in good shape but you make improvements quickly. Of course diet is a huge part of those improvements tho.
    I second that. I am currently on the last two weeks of Insanity. I always stay fit and have been involved in some rigorous training before and I gotta say Insanity is pretty damn intense. P90x I believe is a little less intense as its spread out over three months. Insanity is supposed to get the same result in 2 months so its a little more intense, at least that it what I heard.

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

P90X is good but u must follow through with the food portion as well

If u are very out of shape this is not the program for u as this will get the shit out of you

Melkiavez
    Melkiavez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1618

I've done both also and MickeyMan got that right... you need to be consistent and have a lot of discipline when it comes to what you are eating. If you want to get rid of that belly fat (that makes two of us...) I highly recommend doing cardio and abs... Insanity may be what you are looking for knowing that you have some cardio experience already... and it does not require any extra items to exercise.
    Lately I am also using my kinect to play/exercise with UFC trainer... it gets harder as you go... highly recommended

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

CrossFit....best thing going....it's addictive as hell and the diet regimen of the Paleo foods just adds to it. You can put together your own home gym/routine if you don't have a box local but I don't know of many areas without one by now. You can start with the basics to find out your strengths/deficiencies before doing the full WODs but it's good for anyone age or size.

HellSpawn

Ty all guys!

I still have to check:
    Insanity (deeper research than what I have done so far)
    CrossFit (totally new to me)
    and the Kinect UFC Trainer (I will definitely try this one out lol ty for this one)

about food regimen, I'm not dieing following strictly the diet on the P90X, but I definitely cutted off like 85% of carbs... and I don't eat bad fat (Mickey D's, Burger King, fast food in general; the only one I luv is Subway)...

But what really really bothers me is that no matter how many abs, how many hours on a bike, how many P90X rutines, my ab fat doesn't seem to want to leave me...

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

any alcohol will give you a gut. you have to quit alcohol until you lose the gut

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

I'm on day 80 of p90x, I really liked it. I worked out to pretty much a plateau on an easier program before I started p90x. In retrospect, its probably better to just struggle at the beginning with p90x than to try to get into better shape for it. Tony Horton gives you lots of easier ways to do certain exercises and cues for extra breaks for those struggling to keep up.

I'm probably gonna do another 90 days, then pick and choose a few of my p90x favs and mix in some Insanity routines after that.

rossta4i
    rossta4i's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4613

I'm going on my 3rd week of p90x. It's been hard and sore but worth it. I haven't cleaned up my diet yet but I'm trying too. The workouts have been getting easier, haven't lost much weight cause of my diet. I would give P90x a try but you would have to go all out for 90 days and be strict. GL buddy

HellSpawn

I don't drink Pups, I used to like 2 years ago, and boy was I almost an alcoholic, but thank you for the advice, my only love now is them herbs...

smitch124, rossta4i have you guys seen any significant changes since you started P90X?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by HellSpawn View Post
    I don't drink Pups, I used to like 2 years ago, and boy was I almost an alcoholic, but thank you for the advice, my only love now is them herbs...

smitch124, rossta4i have you guys seen any significant changes since you started P90X?
    I have had significant changes.

1. Weight Loss
    2. More flexibility
    3. Core Strength

I'm happy with the results

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Are some of you seriously just now hearing about P90X??

Wait until you finally see the iPad!!

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I have it, its useless unless you follow a strict diet. Some workouts are tough and will punish and some are impossible unless you are already in decent shape (20 pushups in a row, 5 chin ups).

Its a great alternative if u are unable to go to the gym. Its pretty cold here in BC and somedays im unable to go the gym so i just do the p90x workout. And u will also need to buy some adjustable dumbbells, i got the powerblocks for about 400. Good Luck, also check out "Insanity"

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

just do jiujitsu. incredible workout, and you get a reality check in regards to how easily you can get the living shit kicked out of you.

FinkleIsEinhorn
    FinkleIsEinhorn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 409

P90X is tough. I tried it and did it for a few weeks. It works if you are dedicated to it, but takes over an hour a day.

earlsnake07
    earlsnake07's Avatar Become A Pro!

Highly recommend P90X but you gotta commit.....I actually started doing doubles (P90x in the AM and cardio in the PM) and it seemed like the extra LB's came off quicker then. 100000% agree that you need to follow the diet portion also or it will never work. GOOD LUCK!

HellSpawn

everyone's been giving me some very good P90X reviews... I think I will try that one out first, and then insanity... I'll be posting my thoughts about it when I start, and if the thread is still alive by Jan

pensfan
    pensfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12477

Good choice.