jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think think the general consensus is that other tablets are catching up to the IPAD

In the new year it should be interesting...the only thing IPAD has over the others is the APPS

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think think the general consensus is that other tablets are catching up to the IPAD In the new year it should be interesting...the only thing IPAD has over the others is the APPS

Ohh and the Apple name.

How many people have heard of ASUS and how many have heard of APPLE? That alone right there will make people spend 100+ bucks extra, even though the ASUS is better than the Apple one.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab,7 inch screen,nice,but now I wish I would have went with the 10 inch screen.

The smaller Tab is easy to carry around,but the larger Tab is better for watching movies and such.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think think the general consensus is that other tablets are catching up to the IPAD

In the new year it should be interesting...the only thing IPAD has over the others is the APPS
    How many Apple Apps are not available on the Android Market?

HellSpawn
    HellSpawn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I got an 8Gb Notion Ink Adam, does everything I need, plus I got all sports streaming and just plug the HDMI in it and enjoy it on my HDTV, awesome!!!! (yes it has HDMI port, 2 USB hosts, and monstruos sound speakers) as I said... all I need

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I used to make a killing selling these things 1988-1994. Used to get a sheet of 100 for $70 and sell them for 5 dollars a pop. After I finished bagging up, I would lick my wet fingers. I would be trippin for 12 hours
    Trigger, you are crazy guey! That's not making a killing, that is very risky, selling yayo is fine but not worth the risk of selling thizz.

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Nothing Apple is worth the money. Stuff is over priced.
    I am pretty sure millions of people disagree with you. G*d Bless the best Mod ever on SBR! All praise to be Onlooker!

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

get an ipad..best device out there, dont listen to the haters..there are apps to make it play flash content...also you dont even need to pay full retail i bought the top model for $700 brand new from some guy on cl who had a best buy CC..saved $200..plenty of desparados on cl, you can prob get the base model for 3 and change easy.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    get an ipad..best device out there, dont listen to the haters..there are apps to make it play flash content...also you dont even need to pay full retail i bought the top model for $700 brand new from some guy on cl who had a best buy CC..saved $200..plenty of desparados on cl, you can prob get the base model for 3 and change easy.
    and what can your $700 ipad do that some $250-300 tabs can't?

HellSpawn
    HellSpawn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    I agree with you... and let me just add my $300 Notion Ink Adam can plug HDMI to the TV... thing the iPad can't do without maybe buying a $50 or more accessory... lol are you kidding me... a $700 device and buy some extra accessory to do something a $300 android tablet can do native... L.O.L.

mh217

didnt do all the research, not here to argue.. but i do love the sleekness of the ipad 2..feels great in the hand...and like i said you can get one for 300 easy...you dont really need to get the 64g/3g model..i only use mine on wifi anyway.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

didnt do all the research, not here to argue.. but i do love the sleekness of the ipad 2..feels great in the hand...and like i said you can get one for 300 easy...you dont really need to get the 64g/3g model..i only use mine on wifi anyway.
    You must of missed this.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

You must of missed this.
    Lmfao that's great

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Trigger, you are crazy guey! That's not making a killing, that is very risky, selling yayo is fine but not worth the risk of selling thizz.
    I was 14. That was making a killing to me.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Android now the king.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i say get an ipad2, apple is king

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Cant go wrong with galaxy tablet by samsung. Gotnit about four months ago i barely use the pc nemore. Perfect for streaming games, great quality if u have access to espn3 its like watchin on hd hi def

Bosseman22
    Bosseman22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 43540

got an asus no problems and a great price

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

is there something on the ipad that would allow it to stream sports/shows/movies?

yikes, i was ready to get one so that i can watch it while on the treadmill or whatever and it won't even stream stuff because of the flash issue??

mh217

photon browser app works fine..also kinnda like the time warner app to watch tv on it

mh217

You must of missed this.
    lol..its a toy anyway..if you're gonna buy a toy just buy the best one its not a freakin house.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

lol..its a toy anyway..if you're gonna buy a toy just buy the best one its not a freakin house.
    OK. I won't buy a iPad then.

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says
    TehSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

i am also trying to save up some points for the galaxy or ipad2. I am a mac guy so im leaning towards the ipad, but I don't see it in the store. Any word on when its coming back?

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says
    TehSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

nevermind, found it, 8775 points

DG Magee
    DG Magee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

I just got mine....nice unit even though it's an apple product, it's my first apple.

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Nothing Apple is worth the money. Stuff is over priced.
    It's overpriced for the average consumer and brand whore. For people that do heavy video, music and photo editing, there's no other option. Apple's video editing software (Final Cut Pro) is light years ahead of anything else out there.

On the subject of tablets, I'll probably be getting the new Nook tablet. I'd never pay $500 for a tablet. It's a gadget. It will not replace your laptop or desktop.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post
    It's overpriced for the average consumer and brand whore. For people that do heavy video, music and photo editing, there's no other option. Apple's video editing software (Final Cut Pro) is light years ahead of anything else out there.
    Key word there. I'm willing to bet you that the majority of people don't buy Apple for that. People are brand whoring, by buying Apple. They want that logo. It makes them feel better, but clouds their mind that they just spent the high price to surf the web.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love my ipad2..got it for free from sbr tho. Wouldn't pay 500 for it

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    Blackberry playbook also had a price drop. Get em before RIM goes out of business!
    $200 for the 16GB model is very tempting.

flyingillini

Key word there. I'm willing to bet you that the majority of people don't buy Apple for that. People are brand whoring, by buying Apple. They want that logo. It makes them feel better, but clouds their mind that they just spent the high price to surf the web.

I get what you are saying here Onlooker... I am a huge apple supporter.... I only use Apple products... I compare Apple to Jesus Christ... They want something to believe in and it gives them hope...

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by BrigadierPudding View Post

On the subject of tablets, I'll probably be getting the new Nook tablet. I'd never pay $500 for a tablet. It's a gadget. It will not replace your laptop or desktop.
    Regarding your last line you couldnt be more wrong

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Can someone send me one??

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    surely you jest. you can't honestly believe that any tab out there can be on par with even the most basic boxed machine from say, best try.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

depends on how much you wanted to spend, there are tons of options out there now. i am getting the kindle fire for xmas. i am pretty pumped about it. sure it may not be as hip as the ipad, but it has alot of the same things. just does not have the skype of camera built in like i think the ipad does.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post

You really can't do any typing work on one unless you buy a dock and a keyboard attachment, unless you want to hunt and peck while trying to type. Your probably looking at 700 plus then.

First 123 Last