harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn

I took my kids to school this morning on the way back I stop at a little cafe for a cup of coffee. I noticed the place is packed. I go in and the waitress that always waits on me tells me Ben Stiller, Vince Vauhgn and Jonah Hill are in there along with a lot of the filming crew. Well as I sit down in a small booth I look up and there is Ben Stiller across the isle from me. Makes for an interesting morning. Turns out they are filming a movie "Neighborhood Watch" just down the road from my subdivision. On my way out they are all starting to leave and I see Jonah Hill. I dont care for his acting, but he has lost a lot of weight. I never did see Vince Vaughn though.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

congrats on an exiting morning! did you manage to get into the background while they were filming? will we have the first sbr member to appear on the big screen? if so then sbr_john should make you an honorary SBR Pro ASAP

on a related note, ben stiller, vince vaughn and jonah hill? wow, you hit the trifecta, most overated actors in the history of overated acting, their movies are unwatchable yet studios still give them money to make more

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

LA, Vancouver or elsewhere?

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

That's cool man. Not really a fan of any of them but definitely an interesting morning.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    congrats on an exiting morning! did you manage to get into the background while they were filming? will we have the first sbr member to appear on the big screen? if so then sbr_john should make you an honorary SBR Pro ASAP

on a related note, ben stiller, vince vaughn and jonah hill? wow, you hit the trifecta, most overated actors in the history of overated acting, their movies are unwatchable yet studios still give them money to make more
    Come on shroom.........they have done SOME entertaining stuff. They don't go for the "Oscar" type of stuff.....it's not in their wheel-house. But, movies like Swingers, Old School, Wedding Crashers, Meet The Parents, and Superbad are at the very least........entertaining and make for a good laugh.

harlee71

Quote Originally Posted by beermankirk View Post
    LA, Vancouver or elsewhere?
    A little hick town outside of Atlanta GA.

Georgia recently passed some kind of tax break for the film industry making GA friendly economic wise to make movies. This is the 3rd movie that has been filmed with in 15 miles of my house since the summer. One starred Queen Latifa and Dolly Parton haha quite a pair there (pun intended). The other had Dennis Quaid, Robert Duvall and Billy Bob Thorton.

It was not really exciting to see them there, but it did make for an interesting morning when your not expecting something like that.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Come on shroom.........they have done SOME entertaining stuff. They don't go for the "Oscar" type of stuff.....it's not in their wheel-house. But, movies like Swingers, Old School, Wedding Crashers, Meet The Parents, and Superbad are at the very least........entertaining and make for a good laugh.
    its not about the movies per se, for example in meet the parents its funny because of de niro, its about the acting, I just find them to be very one dimensional actors, not funny (which is strange cause they star in comedies) and just not enjoyable to watch

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who cares

remember they are just actors not better than you

I was never in awe of people on tv

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Yep, more movies will be filmed in Georgia now... a lot of directing/casting crews have moved their operations to Georgia. Good Post

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    i'd list Made (Vince Vaughn) as one of the most underrated comedies around. top-notch.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

lotsa actors and actresses and athletes live in and around atlanta already anyway or in neighboring sugarloaf.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

I was in the original "Major League" back in the day.
    Played the bartender at the end when the chase was on.
    Crazy parties with the cast and crew.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Agree with JJ on this one might be cool for your kids but as a grown man I would be more concerned abut getting my grub on!

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post

wtf that is awesome

so you got to meet charlie sheen and wesley snipes before they were charlie sheen and wesley snipes?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Dodgeball was hilarious.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rent Clay Pigeons and the Prime Gig. I think it will give u a better appreciation of Vaughn's work. Often he is not challenged and sleep walks thru rolls.

Team Ramrod
    Team Ramrod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Clay Pigeons and Swingers are good vaughn movies

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

hate ben stiller

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

I was in the original "Major League" back in the day. Played the bartender at the end when the chase was on. Crazy parties with the cast and crew.
    you serious? that's fkn sweet. i've probably watched that movie more times than any other in my lifetime. Crisco, Bardol, Vagisil...

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Rent Clay Pigeons and the Prime Gig. I think it will give u a better appreciation of Vaughn's work. Often he is not challenged and sleep walks thru rolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Ramrod View Post
    Clay Pigeons and Swingers are good vaughn movies
    will do gentlemen

Stealinhome
    Stealinhome's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Yeah tons of stuff being shot around Atlanta in the last few years. Buddy of mine has done some catering for them.

stig99
    stig99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

zoolander is a classic

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

Ben stillers in it? I'll be sure to avoid it then, thanks for the heads up. LOL

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

So you were the one giving high-fives to all the bar patrons in the closing scene when Willie Mays Hayes scores from 2nd on the bunt?

harlee71

So I was in the coffee shop this morning just after it opened at 5am. Ran into Rosemary DeWitt and Will Forte. I had to look up on IMDb who they were LOL. She looked pretty good for 5AM!