betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Mule

A mule is the offspring of a male donkey and a female horse, which is classified as a kind of hybrid.

The much rarer offspring of a male horse and a female donkey is called a hinny.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-12-16 at 12:20 PM. Reason: image does not exist

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

What is the offspring of a male horse and a female donkey called? We need pictures.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    What is the offspring of a male horse and a female donkey called?

Pavers, please pay attention, this information is included in my original post.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you come up with this topic after seeing HeeeeeHAWWWWW's avatar (which, in my opinion, is awesome, although possibly not so awesome for the mule)?

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I like the mules in New Orleans. They're neat.

betplom
    maniac

A donkey bred to a zebra yields a "Zeedonk".

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Not to be confused with a different sort of mule. Looks like a lot to swallow there young lady.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    Did you come up with this topic after seeing HeeeeeHAWWWWW's avatar (which, in my opinion, is awesome, although possibly not so awesome for the mule)?
    Mudcat, I didn't even think about that, perhaps this was a subconscious decision influenced by HeeHaawws avatar.

betplom
    maniac

Mules and hinnies are almost always sterile. The sterility is attributed to the differing number of chromosomes of the two species: donkeys have 62 chromosomes, whereas horses have 64.

Now you know.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Looks like a lot to swallow there.
    WB, my girlfriend says the same thing to me some nights.

Lets try and keep this clean please Mr. Texas, I would very much like for this thread to stay out of the basement.

betplom
    maniac

A female mule that has estrus cycles and can carry a fetus is called a "molly" and can occasionally occur naturally as well as through embryo transfer.

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT
    L2Gunz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wanna see the offspring of JJ and a Goat..need pics!!!

RogueJuror
    RogueJuror's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Not to be confused with a different sort of mule. Looks like a lot to swallow there young lady.
    las pepas papa, estas en bizness o no estas

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by L2Gunz View Post
    i wanna see the offspring of JJ and a Goat..need pics!!!
    This could only be accomplished via artificial insemination, JJ isn't capable of actual penetration, his pecker just won't reach.

betplom
    maniac

The mule possesses the sobriety, patience, endurance and sure-footedness of the donkey, and the vigour, strength and courage of the horse.

Operators of working animals generally find mules preferable to horses: mules show less impatience under the pressure of heavy weights, and their skin, harder and less sensitive than that of horses, rendering them more capable of resisting sun and rain.

Their hooves are harder than horses', and they show a natural resistance to disease and insects.

Many North American farmers with clay soil found mules superior as plow animals, especially in the U.S. state of Missouri, hence the expression "stubborn as a Missouri mule".

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    This could only be accomplished via artificial insemination, JJ isn't capable of actual penetration, his pecker just won't reach.

betplom
    maniac

Mules are generally less tolerant towards dogs than horses are.
    They are also capable of striking out with any of their hooves in any direction, even sideways if needed.

Mules exhibit a higher cognitive intelligence than their parent species - horses and donkeys.
    This is believed to be the result of hybrid vigour, similar to how mules acquire greater height and endurance than either parents.

Mudcat

A donkey bred to a zebra yields a "Zeedonk".

I'll be damned.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by RogueJuror View Post
    las pepas papa, estas en bizness o no estas
    tiene usted que tragar más grande

RogueJuror

'pepas' pills in colombia or this cocaine capsules

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Mules exhibit a higher cognitive intelligence than their parent species - horses and donkeys.
    This is believed to be the result of hybrid vigour, similar to how mules acquire greater height and endurance than either parents.
    This is really interesting. So this would mean that a mule can run faster than a thoroughbred horse then huh?

If thats the case, I could go buy a mule that looks like a horse for like $100 and start entering it in races and win cash galore. Thanks betplom.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Endurance doesn't necessarily mean race track speed. It means that if you load a mule and a horse with 300 lbs of supplies and go on a 50 mile trip in rugged terrain the mule will perform better.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by WileOut View Post
    This is really interesting. So this would mean that a mule can run faster than a thoroughbred horse then huh?

If thats the case, I could go buy a mule that looks like a horse for like $100 and start entering it in races and win cash galore. Thanks betplom.
    You must be under the influence of some mind altering drug, please quote the reference to the part where you would come to the silly conclusion "that a mule can run faster than a thoroughbred horse." This was NEVER mentioned by me or in the article.

Please tell me you are joking.

FYI, thoroughbreds aren't known for stamina, standardbred racehorses have alot more stamina, I used to jog pacers 3 or 4 miles sometimes, thoroughbreds only gallop a fraction of that when exercising.

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Endurance doesn't necessarily mean race track speed. It means that if you load a mule and a horse with 300 lbs of supplies and go on a 50 mile trip in rugged terrain the mule will perform better.
    Exactly, I knew I could count on Pavy to be the voice of reason.

Mudcat

Don't be too hard on WileOut. What he loses at the track he can make up with a screenplay for a madcap Disney romp starring Dakota Fanning, Mary Steenburgen and "Mr. Scrappy" as the mule with a heart the size of Texas.

RogueJuror

bump

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by RogueJuror View Post
    bump
    No, mule.

betplom
    maniac

After World War II, mules fell on hard times.
    The use of mules for farming and transportation of agricultural products gave way to modern tractors and trucks.
    A dedicated number of mule breeders, however, continued the tradition as hobby and continued breeding the great lines of mammoth jacks started in the United States by George Washington with the gift from the King of Spain of two Catalan jacks.

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    Don't be too hard on WileOut. What he loses at the track he can make up with a screenplay for a madcap Disney romp starring Dakota Fanning, Mary Steenburgen and "Mr. Scrappy" as the mule with a heart the size of Texas.
    the mule is played by Eddie Murphy or maybe that was a donkey(Shrek)

betplom
    maniac

Mules today come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors, from minis under 50 pounds to maxis over 1000 pounds, and in many different colors. Mules from Appaloosa mares produce wildly colored mules, much like their Appaloosa horse relatives, but with even wilder skewed colors. The Appaloosa color is produced by a complex of genes known as the Leopard complex (Lp). Mares homozygous for the Lp gene bred to any color donkey will produce an Appaloosa colored mule.

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

http://holydogwater.files.wordpress....07/07/goat.jpg

jj dont let that goat get away pal...bang it hard for blackie over at blackdog

L2Gunz
    WHO DAT

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

what is a burro???

is that just another name for donkey... or maybe for mule?

Mudcat

I wonder what would happen if you bred a donkey with a piece of provolone cheese.

betplom
    maniac

bump

bump

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-12-16 at 12:21 PM. Reason: image does not exist

12 Last