757sFinest
    757sFinest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

"OFFICIAL" Hurricane Irene Threa

I'm here in Va Beach area and it's about to go down in 48 hours. I hope all of you in the path will take precautions and be safe. It is going to be nasty.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

got lucky here in s. florida. we just had gusts of wind and rain yesterday, but it was actually awesome at the beach with the waves and it was extremely cool. Today sadly is one of the hottest days of year though .. stay safe up there

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

I'm surprised how little this thread/topic has gotten, considering all the people affected. Not a greatly powerful hurricane, but I'm on about left-central Long Island, and the eye of Irene could conceivably pass over my home -_- I'm tired and not really looking forward to bed because there's a good chance of waking up to no power.

I'm planning on using the likely power outage period to do cleaning and organizing I've been putting off, phoning some people (making sure cell is charged to the max ahead of time), and reading books.

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

anybody have a live video stream?

757sFinest
    757sFinest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

We didn't get hit too bad down here in VA. She is now gone. Good luck to you guys up north.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

i'm close to washington dc, i did a lot of work this morning cleaning up the back yard and making room for everything in the shed but all we got was some rain.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 456

It looks like more of a rain maker than anything. If this storm were hitting anywhere else, it would be filed as a side story everywhere, but on The Weather Channel.

tw0 t0nez
    tw0 t0nez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im up here in Connecticut and we really didnt get it bad as everywhere else (thank god) but half the state's power is out lucky I just got mine back

Mainevent212
    Mainevent212's Avatar Become A Pro!

over here (long island) it just seemed like a normal thunderstorm

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Hurricane Irene was amazing, one of the best Hurricane we had. OMG I am so excite about next Hurricane. Will it flood New York like in the Movie "Day After Tomorow"?

jimkotecki
    jimkotecki's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hurricane Irene blows

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    It looks like more of a rain maker than anything. If this storm were hitting anywhere else, it would be filed as a side story everywhere, but on The Weather Channel.
    No kidding The most violent hurricane ever is just a curiosity if it stays over empty ocean. Location "only" a c3 when it first struck Louisiana.

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by Mainevent212 View Post
    over here (long island) it just seemed like a normal thunderstorm
    Lol? I heard howling against my bedroom window all the night of, and lost power for 2.5 days. I went for a couple walks and couldn't go more than a block or two without coming across a toppled tree.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2117