WillyBoy
    WillyBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8436

Covid 19 “Daily” Data Posting - Adios

Today will be the last “daily” edition I’ll be posting on Covid 19 data. The daily numbers are auto-downloaded into my “cloud”, and I’ll be posting “weekly” trends (starting tomorrow) – but the daily posting is tedious (and I’m too old to do tedious things). I’m also revising the variables used in calculating infections and deaths – especially for the U.S. – to better reflect the numbers and rates from the date when nations quit goofing around – like the U.S. – and began taking Covid 19 seriously, with social-distancing, government shutdowns and economic lockdowns. The U.S. and Europe spent most of February and March in a huge and catastrophic blame game, focusing on China, rather than taking sensible steps to contain the spread, so those early infection and death numbers are more reflective of political failures rather than the disease itself. How nations have dealt with the Covid 19 pandemic, starting in April, should give us a better handle on what works, what hasn’t, as well as the trends in infectiousness and lethality of the Coronavirus in the nations tracked.
    GLTA

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944