ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9812

Pokerstars Unveils Online Poker Home Games

PokerStars Unveils Online Poker Home Games

PokerStars recently unveiled its Home Games section at its dot-net site. The new promotion allows users to set up their own home game network for play between friends. This option is currently available only on the free play segment of the PokerStars empire, but it is expected to become a part of the dot-com software by the end of the week. The new PokerStars Home Games will allow players to bypass the typical live home poker game and get players together via the internet. PokerStars Home Games don’t cost users anything to use and present innovative ways for friendly competition to unfold. “Nothing like PokerStars Home Games has been offered before and it’s so easy to use,” Team PokerStars Pro Daniel Negrueanu said in a video introduction for the new option. “You have so many options when you open up your Poker Club and you can customize it anyway you want, just like you would in a home game with friends.”

Players with a PokerStars account can get their own Home Games set up fairly easily. A player sets up their Home Game by picking a name and assigning an invitation code. After that, the player becomes the manager for the club and is charged with creating its lobby, table designs, stakes, and tournaments or private tables.
    Once a club is created, the manager can then invite players to take part. This is done through e-mailing potential members the club’s name and the invitation code that was set up. When players respond requesting to join the club, the manager approves it and the Home Games are set to go. After the club is set up, a manager can assign other members “Administrator” status, which will allow them to set up games also.

PokerStars is offering a wealth of tools that will make Home Games exciting for those who are participating. First, such games as Hold’em, Omaha, HORSE, and Mixed Game formats will be supported by the Home Games system. Players can compete inside the club for points, with a Club Leaderboard maintained for all members to see. A complete history of the club’s tournaments will be maintained, as will individual game statistics.

Through information in the FAQs, there are a few limits that are set on the PokerStars Home Games. A player can create only one club and can only be a member of three clubs. Once a club is created, it can have a maximum of 50 players and anyone can play from the same IP address without issues. Because it is assumed that the members of the club are friends, there is no chat moderation or collusion monitoring. Issues such as these are, much like other clubs, to be resolved by its members.
    While PokerStars Home Games are in their infancy, poker players seem to approve of the new innovation.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

Thanks for this heads-up, this might be a fun way to easily have a game with the boys!

Cheers.

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is going to be a disaster

rdo37
    rdo37's Avatar Become A Pro!

So who's going to set up the SBR Home Game?

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

Dunno it is good or not. I guess there will be a rake too, so not really a "home game".

Jshap1515
    Cardinals racking up the wins
    Jshap1515's Avatar Become A Pro!

It'd be a good marketing ploy for PokerStars to not have a rake. Therefore it brings people to the program. Having a rake ruins the whole home game aspect, destroys it

Cappy
    Cappy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 880

Quote Originally Posted by sq764 View Post
    this is going to be a disaster
    I feel like you have to qualify that statement. Why would it be a disaster? I certainly question how successful it will be, but to call it a disaster seems like a gross overstatement.

wilsonabbey
    wilsonabbey's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's a pretty good idea. I have been waiting for them to do something like this. Not sure how they make money off of it though??

elhebreo
    elhebreo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for this heads-up

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I think its a great idea. Hope it works soon for real money

danipop33
    danipop33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hy
    The best poker game on PokerStars is 7 Stud Poker.
    Try it!

rdo37
    rdo37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by danipop33 View Post
    Hy The best poker game on PokerStars is 7 Stud Poker. Try it!
    Quality 1st post

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9812

been playing a league on there all nite on real money, 2.20 buy ins, come by rounders radio at nite or late nite for some games. Fun and competitive

elhebreo

I think its a great idea

elhebreo

I think its a great idea

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Great idea. Good way to keep in touch with the college poker buddies once home for summer or after graduation.

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
    I feel like you have to qualify that statement. Why would it be a disaster? I certainly question how successful it will be, but to call it a disaster seems like a gross overstatement.
    I think its a disaster for the player.. .you're paying rake to PS to 'house' your game.. A tournament wouldn't be a terrible idea.. but to pay rake on every hand, not sure if this is a good deal or not..thats the one beauty of the home game, no rake..

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I think the best use and probably most of the intent from Pokerstars is for the tourneys. I agree that paying rake would not be great but in place of not having to have a dealer and to be able to play with friends easily would make up for the cost.

Cheers

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sq764 View Post
    I think its a disaster for the player.. .you're paying rake to PS to 'house' your game.. A tournament wouldn't be a terrible idea.. but to pay rake on every hand, not sure if this is a good deal or not..thats the one beauty of the home game, no rake..
    If you play a game with your friends and you trust them to pay up you could just set up a game with play money since that's free and treat it like real money in real life. So you would assign value's to play money and whatever is lost is just treated like your friend owes you whatever the value you've assigned to the play money. Also in a SNG you could just call it a $20 buy-in and play a play money SNG with everyone paying the winner $20. Pokerstars makes nothing and you profit. I think it would be a pretty bad idea to actually use PS if they're going to take rake unless you have absolutely no use for money.

Degek28
    Degek28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

The rake of the ring games in these home games is huge!! wtf

Sirus73
    Sirus73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Quote Originally Posted by danipop33 View Post
    Hy
    The best poker game on PokerStars is 7 Stud Poker.
    Try it!
    I disagree, The double or nothing tourneys are the best.

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

lmao i got 16cents left on pokerstars.. if any1 wanna create a room and host a dime tourny im down... lol

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

twarrior1 you have wrong info
    you could create no more than 3 clubs and join no more than 10 clubs

oldstylecubsfan
    oldstylecubsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1140

I wonder how much action this will take away from the regular tables...Im guessing most of the home games will be fishy making the other games even tougher

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by oldstylecubsfan View Post
    I wonder how much action this will take away from the regular tables...Im guessing most of the home games will be fishy making the other games even tougher
    I don't think it's going to take away that much action from anything. There are plenty of fish around the Stars cash games.