Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Back to Basics

It seems like most of the juicy limit games are over? Sites that were ATMs for me in the past like Pacific are gone and maybe players have generally gotten a little better?
    I went back to Sit-N-Gos on Stars and I'd like to report that many of the players still suck at the lower levels like $27 or $38. Guys pushing w/Ace7 suited on the first stage, etc., etc. Stars seems to be overflowing w/Euros and they often outnumber the Yanks in these games! I set a goal to play 150 SNGs in March and average $12/game for $1800 profit! So far I've played 50 and I'm averaging almost $17/game So if you've hit a wall and miss the money that poker used to bring you then maybe grinding out some cash on SNGs will work for you too!! GL!!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I agree. I think the cash game fish pretty much went broke and/or gave up. SNGs are basically all that's left.

Partly to blame is the ever increasing rake, plus the lack of decent bonuses anymore. Internet poker is kinda dying because the sites have essentially figured out how to fleece the most money through rake, while giving back the least as far as bonuses and player club points, etc.

Maybe a few players with mad skill, discipline to only play soft games and rakeback are still doing ok in the cash games, but the rest of us gave up a while ago.